Metroid: Dreadnought v1 - The Galaxy is Doomed

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
RockstarRaccoon

Re: Metroid: Dreadnought v1 - The Galaxy is Doomed

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

I'd be interested in that, sure. I've been talking to some of the people who make rock versions of Metroid music though, so I feel like I'll have OGGs soon...

Anyway, here's a thread...
Nevermind. Picking up the project went really bad, and I'm kind of burnt out from that. If anyone's interested in working on it with me, just PM me about it...
Last edited by RockstarRaccoon on Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

Hey folks, Weasel talked about this before, but it still bears mentioning that promoting your own project in this thread is probably not a good idea.

Please don't use my topic for your work.
TheBeardedJedi

Post by TheBeardedJedi »

Sincerely sorry about that, Terminus. I will keep any related posts in the correct forum from now on.
Infirnex

Post by Infirnex »

Well now that this project is under a new helm.

Shinespark. Pls.
TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

The interesting hubbub did bring up another major issue, that adjusting the cvars via the menu weren't working.
Turns out I was a dumbass and in re-defining the cvars I'd made some typos. They're fixed now. Uploaded 1.1c.

There's still a couple issues remaining (in newer GZDoom builds apparently it's possible for Samus to wall-jump off herself), but that's outside the scope of maintenance updates, unfortunately.
Infirnex wrote:Well now that this project is under a new helm.
It's not. Plenty of people have approached me, and the answer has been the same every time ("Go right ahead, just keep the credits straight and rename the project so people don't think I'm involved"), but nobody has actually come out with anything.

Not that I want to discourage to pick up the project and continue working on their own personal version. That's the beauty of Doom modding, and we are a community full of incredibly creative individuals.
But if so, I would sincerely suggest to people to not follow the examples of the previous contenders in this thread. Both Runsaber and Raccoon have dropped the spaghetti spectacularly. You can do better! You can do it!
Wivicer
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Wivicer »

Quick question: How would I go about disabling the wall-jumping? As neat as it is, I kind of want to take it out.

Also NONE OF YOUR CODE IS COMMENTED
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:I'd be interested in that, sure. I've been talking to some of the people who make rock versions of Metroid music though, so I feel like I'll have OGGs soon...

Anyway, here's a thread...
Nevermind. Picking up the project went really bad, and I'm kind of burnt out from that. If anyone's interested in working on it with me, just PM me about it...
That's incredibly disappointing...
RockstarRaccoon

Valherran wrote:That's incredibly disappointing...
I regained interest after taking a break and am working on it again.
TerminusEst13 wrote:
Infirnex wrote:Well now that this project is under a new helm.
It's not. Plenty of people have approached me, and the answer has been the same every time ("Go right ahead, just keep the credits straight and rename the project so people don't think I'm involved"), but nobody has actually come out with anything.
Yeah, Terminus has been very clear with me that he does NOT want to be associated with my revamp. However, I do hope that if Terminus or his team ever look back at this, they start with my version, and not their last release... Or worse, the last GitHub release they made...
Wivicer wrote:Quick question: How would I go about disabling the wall-jumping? As neat as it is, I kind of want to take it out.
That's on the TODO list: I like it too, but it's really too easy to clip outside of the map with it, and the latest ZDoom update breaks it... I was considering adding a Screw Attack, but same thing.

I'm pretty sure the wall jump is in the parkmore stuff.
Also NONE OF YOUR CODE IS COMMENTED
I'm gonna be commenting as I rework it.
rondnelson99

Post by rondnelson99 »

When playing this mod I thought it should totally replace all the doom ii music with metroid music! I would totally love to implement this for you. If you're interested, email me: rondnelson99@gmail.com. Great job with this!

Ronnie
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

I'm afraid the project is downed for very, very long ago.
RockstarRaccoon

rondnelson99 wrote:When playing this mod I thought it should totally replace all the doom ii music with metroid music! I would totally love to implement this for you. If you're interested, email me: rondnelson99@gmail.com. Great job with this!

Ronnie
I suppose I would be interested in this. Can you give me some examples?
Sgt. Shivers

Post by Sgt. Shivers »

TerminusEst13 wrote:"Go right ahead, just keep the credits straight and rename the project so people don't think I'm involved".
Can I make a new version of Metroid Dreadnought that replaces Samus with BJ Blazkowics?
TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

Sgt. Shivers wrote:Can I make a new version of Metroid Dreadnought that replaces Samus with BJ Blazkowics?
Yes.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Then we should add weapon that shoot lost souls as well.
RockstarRaccoon

Captain J wrote:Then we should add weapon that shoot lost souls as well.
I started adding the Unmaker as a beam weapon. If someone wants to help with that, let me know...

Return to “Gameplay Mods”