Metroid: Dreadnought v1 - The Galaxy is Doomed

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
brunocar

Re: Metroid: Dreadnought v1 - The Galaxy is Doomed

Post by brunocar »

the only 2 things this mod needs are: a complete mph mapset and a better morphball
Tango

Post by Tango »

yeah this is really sweet. with proper textures and maybe some more metroid enemies I could see this being a blast to make maps for
TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

Viscra Maelstrom wrote:where'd those Space Pirates in the gameplay trailer come from?
Pop in map31, you might be surprised. :p
Infirnex

Post by Infirnex »

This is a great mod, and I've been playing this non-stop since I downloaded it!
The only thing I was kinda expecting that wasn't implemented (besides the Screw Attack, which I have no idea how it would work) is the Shinespark. I didn't look at instructions first but figured out how to work the speed booster, so I instinctively thought to crouch to activate it. But no dice.
It's not a deal breaker though, and if my map detailing skills were anything above "meh" I would definitely give mapping a go.
devildemon

Post by devildemon »

HOLY SHIT! THis is bad ass looking! Must try
Wivicer
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Wivicer »

Quick note: I don't know if this happens in zandronum or anything because I'm playing in GZDooM, but when in the morph ball I can't pick up items or health or anything.
TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

Wivicer wrote:Quick note: I don't know if this happens in zandronum or anything because I'm playing in GZDooM, but when in the morph ball I can't pick up items or health or anything.
Yup, the morph ball can't pick up items. This is to keep people from just hiding in morph all the time in order to abuse the tiny hitbox--you've gotta risk it in order to pick up health pickups.
Infirnex wrote:The only thing I was kinda expecting that wasn't implemented (besides the Screw Attack, which I have no idea how it would work) is the Shinespark. I didn't look at instructions first but figured out how to work the speed booster, so I instinctively thought to crouch to activate it. But no dice.
Aahhh, the Shinespark--easily the most requested item next to the Screw Attack. I'll see if I can fiddle with the code and figure out how to get that old baby going. :D
TehRealSalt
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by TehRealSalt »

Might as well leave this here:
Last edited by wildweasel on Thu May 29, 2014 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Welcome to the forums; I've adjusted your image to use imgur's automatic thumbnail instead of a spoiler.
TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

You have my attention.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

look, another bravest volunteer! if he can post some pics with large thumbnail next time, though.
SamVision

Post by SamVision »

TerminusEst13 wrote:You have my attention.
You have mine as well.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

And my axe. :D
Josh771

Re: Metroid: Dreadnought

Post by Josh771 »

Nash wrote:Using this mod as a base, someone should make full-blown Metroid-style maps with backtracking and stuff, just like in Super Metroid. The bulk of the game core is already in this mod... so one would only need to construct maps, storyline and gameplay around it. :D
This mod has my interest piqued... I must try it. But I had a rather interesting thought about maps, particularly the aspect of preserving the predominantly vertical space of platformers.

What if there were a script that rotated the camera (and the force of gravity) making southern walls into floors and northern walls into ceilings? This would allow us to abuse the various DooM map formats to more easily produce lots of space over space with sloped "floors" and "ceilings" and would make 3D floors and sloped floors/ceilings much less necessary.

Just a thought. It would be an amazing trick; mappers could just draw up the maps as though they were for a platformer. Of course, the editor would get a bit confusing when you enter visual mode.
Cryomundus

Re: Metroid: Dreadnought

Post by Cryomundus »

SidDoyle wrote:
Nash wrote:Using this mod as a base, someone should make full-blown Metroid-style maps with backtracking and stuff, just like in Super Metroid. The bulk of the game core is already in this mod... so one would only need to construct maps, storyline and gameplay around it. :D
This mod has my interest piqued... I must try it. But I had a rather interesting thought about maps, particularly the aspect of preserving the predominantly vertical space of platformers.

What if there were a script that rotated the camera (and the force of gravity) making southern walls into floors and northern walls into ceilings? This would allow us to abuse the various DooM map formats to more easily produce lots of space over space with sloped "floors" and "ceilings" and would make 3D floors and sloped floors/ceilings much less necessary.

Just a thought. It would be an amazing trick; mappers could just draw up the maps as though they were for a platformer. Of course, the editor would get a bit confusing when you enter visual mode.
There was a Zdoom mod awhile ago that did that very thing.
Doctrine Gamer

Post by Doctrine Gamer »

where I set the buttons to drop bombs and missiles? I did not find these options on the menu

Return to “Gameplay Mods”