[3DGE] Doom Forever (happy new year!)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
StroggVorbis
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [3DGE] Doom Forever REDUX (updated)

Post by StroggVorbis »

CeeJay wrote:If the issues with the current version(s) of 3DGE get sorted out, I'll update the mod for sure.

Thanks for the support, guys.

EDIT:
DabbingSquidward wrote:Also, zombieman rifles give 10 bullets instead of the original 5 for dropped clips. Just asking if this is intentional. You may have already noticed that dropped items not giving half the amount is a personal pet peeve of mine :P
The rifle has a clip capacity of 20, so technically it is giving half.
How right you are, this slipped past my mind :P
VGA

Post by VGA »

I love the new version, it's more "Doom 2.5" and less "Brutal Doom". In the older version I really got tired of all the cheap damage I was taking from torches, bouncing bullets etc.

Is there a way to make the shotgun not autoreload when you run out of the clip? So the player can switch weapons instead of reloading fully. Or maybe holding down Fire will interrupt the reloading and fire, that would be the ideal scenario, not sure if it's possible in 3DGE. Anyway, not a big problem, I pay attention and switch weapons when the clip is at 1.

Do you have plans to create a more complex HUD for D4E?
VGA

Post by VGA »

Separate post for an important bug report. In NRFTL MAP03 when you go up the stairs you can see the backside of a switch . In 3DGE without any mod I cannot activate it from this side. With D4E I can! This must be a bug, I don't think you should be able to activate it from this side. Did you change the player radius or something?
StroggVorbis

Post by StroggVorbis »

@CeeJay

Before I forget, you can of course re-implement the shotgun reload, as soon as 3DGE supports the cancellation or abortion of reloading animations :D
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

VGA wrote:Separate post for an important bug report. In NRFTL MAP03 when you go up the stairs you can see the backside of a switch . In 3DGE without any mod I cannot activate it from this side. With D4E I can! This must be a bug, I don't think you should be able to activate it from this side. Did you change the player radius or something?
Well, the player height and radius is unaltered in the mod. Hard to test it out for myself, since No Rest for the Living is a licensed product. Having to pay for, what is essentially just a DOOM mapset, in this day and age just don't feel right.
VGA

Post by VGA »

I cut those sectors out and make a 1-room test wad. When I load it in 3DGE I cannot activate the switch from behind, then if I load it with D4E I can!
Attachments
D4E_bug_report_MAP01.wad
(8.08 KiB) Downloaded 50 times
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

Interesting...

I'll have a look and see if I can find the cause.

EDIT: Found the cause. The linetrigger isn't set to single sided in the mod, meaning it could be activated from any side.
VGA

Post by VGA »

You know about the berserk bug already but have you noticed that the animation of blood on the screen when chainawing an enemy keeps playing over and over? Probably the same underlying cause, it doesn't end, it constantly resets.
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

Alright, I've updated the mod. Well, I had the shotgun reload removed and fixed the double vs single sided linetrigger issue.

For the time being, it is incompatible with recent builds of 3DGE and I strongly recomend using 3DGE 2.0.4 Final (or older) with the mod.

Lastly, I also recomended to turn the damned "CPU BUSY/WAIT" off in the Video Options menu. 3DGE won't "remember" it, so you'll need to turn it off every time you start the game.

Enjoy!
CeeJay

Re: [3DGE] Doom Forever (happy new year!)

Post by CeeJay »

Happy new year!

A new version of the mod has been uploaded. Enjoy.
StroggVorbis

Re: [3DGE] Doom Forever (happy new year!)

Post by StroggVorbis »

Happy new year everyone too! :)

Return to “Gameplay Mods”