Page 130 of 130

Re: Smooth Doom [WIP 2.0 TEST? WOWIE ZOWIE]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:12 pm
by Kazudra
Ricochet sounds require more than putting sounds on puffs; Revenant Homing Missiles spew puffs. There's no other way around this than to long-code every attack to use a new sound-Puff.
(The Homing Missile can't be altered due to how the A_tracer functions)
Also Melee is lacking sound on impact.
Lost Souls are completely broken.
Blood Could use a scale of .75 and a Fadeout of roughly .02
A_BarrelDestroy on line 43 of WorldObjects will fix the respawn.
A few menu options are broken, recoil being one of them.

I'm not going to be overly harsh simply because it's more of a peak of what's to come rather than a release. So...

Boogers Lacking their Trail really bothers me.
Plasma looks amazing
Imp Ball... I can't put my finger on it but looks odd.
All Explosions and Smoke effects are a major step up.
I dunno how to feel about the Cacoball; looks great but Maybe it's nostalgia talking.
Many of the new animations, while incomplete, look fantastic.

Re: Smooth Doom [WIP 2.0 TEST? WOWIE ZOWIE]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:46 pm
by VindSole
Well hello, since last year I've doing some changes to SM, but since i'm dumb I've never wrote a list of what I changed so I don't remember everything.
Basically I rewrote the weapon animations (disable smooth bob) to look more natural, fixed a lot of bugs, added brightmaps to nearly all monsters and props (Lost soul look dope), fixed the rockets misaligned sprites, explosion and puff particles are now the correct size, Spectre's gibs and blood now have the fuzzy effect, reimplemented features from past versions, (Rotating keys/skulls, bugfree monster variants each with death variants), fixed and added GLDEF lights to anything that seems to emit light (Spider Mastermind death animation e.g.), D64 weapon projectiles now match D64, made a nice 64 styled armor bonus, fluids are smooth (inspired by D64 Retribution) and and the fullscreen mode mimics D64, Hellknight now uses Baron of Hell sprites (colors are translated in decorate), red and green torch sprites are now smooth, separated some weapon and flash sprites and I think that's it :D .

Here it is: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Q07wqS ... sp=sharing

If you want to grab a thing or two to add to the main fork, I'll be very glad to help

Re: Smooth Doom [WIP 2.0 TEST? WOWIE ZOWIE]

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 6:55 pm
by Grumple
Dieagamer101 wrote:hello, since no one responded to my response, I had decided to make a solution myself. I call this Civvie11 smooth doom since it was inspired by his video (he removed smooth enemies). This version of smooth doom adds the non-smooth enemies as an option, and fixes the smooth bob for the plasma rifle. I hope you enjoy: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ywy6Ak ... sp=sharing


Really glad you're stepping up to the plate to make an experience for nerds like me who want the weapons only, my one issue is that the plasma rifle still seems to be borked.
https://ibb.co/R2zX5xp
If you know how, pls fix!

Re: Smooth Doom [WIP 2.0 TEST? WOWIE ZOWIE]

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 10:31 pm
by Kazudra
Grumple wrote:
Dieagamer101 wrote:hello, since no one responded to my response, I had decided to make a solution myself. I call this Civvie11 smooth doom since it was inspired by his video (he removed smooth enemies). This version of smooth doom adds the non-smooth enemies as an option, and fixes the smooth bob for the plasma rifle. I hope you enjoy: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ywy6Ak ... sp=sharing


Really glad you're stepping up to the plate to make an experience for nerds like me who want the weapons only, my one issue is that the plasma rifle still seems to be borked.
https://ibb.co/R2zX5xp
If you know how, pls fix!

PLASA0 shares the same name as the pick-up sprite. It's the usual culprit; just eh switch some sprite names around and update the Decos and it would be fine. (Beats me why it was done like this)

Re: Smooth Doom [WIP 2.0 TEST? WOWIE ZOWIE]

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 6:24 am
by Grumple
I have been trying to follow these vague instructions for 2 days and I give up. I'm gonna wait and see if anyone else will step up to fix this but for now I have to come to terms with the fact that I'm completely code illiterate.

Re: Smooth Doom [WIP 2.0 TEST? WOWIE ZOWIE]

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 8:03 pm
by mason1s
I know this is a "bit" late, but I was wondering if I could rip these sprites and upload them to "The Spriters Resource"?

Re: Smooth Doom [WIP 2.0 TEST? WOWIE ZOWIE]

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 10:38 pm
by Grumple
Grumple wrote:I have been trying to follow these vague instructions for 2 days and I give up. I'm gonna wait and see if anyone else will step up to fix this but for now I have to come to terms with the fact that I'm completely code illiterate.

I finally figured it out... but now I have a new issue the eyes in sigil no longer show up is there any known way to fix this too?

Re: Smooth Doom [WIP 2.0 TEST? WOWIE ZOWIE]

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 7:44 pm
by aSeriesOfNumbers
VindSole wrote:Well hello, since last year I've doing some changes to SM, but since i'm dumb I've never wrote a list of what I changed so I don't remember everything.
Basically I rewrote the weapon animations (disable smooth bob) to look more natural, fixed a lot of bugs, added brightmaps to nearly all monsters and props (Lost soul look dope), fixed the rockets misaligned sprites, explosion and puff particles are now the correct size, Spectre's gibs and blood now have the fuzzy effect, reimplemented features from past versions, (Rotating keys/skulls, bugfree monster variants each with death variants), fixed and added GLDEF lights to anything that seems to emit light (Spider Mastermind death animation e.g.), D64 weapon projectiles now match D64, made a nice 64 styled armor bonus, fluids are smooth (inspired by D64 Retribution) and and the fullscreen mode mimics D64, Hellknight now uses Baron of Hell sprites (colors are translated in decorate), red and green torch sprites are now smooth, separated some weapon and flash sprites and I think that's it :D .

Here it is: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Q07wqS ... sp=sharing

If you want to grab a thing or two to add to the main fork, I'll be very glad to help


It seems to be broken on my end. Is this just a test build? Do you plan on working on this any further? I quite like all the restored features.

Re: Smooth Doom [WIP 2.0 TEST? WOWIE ZOWIE]

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 7:38 am
by Rowsol
Zombieman has a chase of 3 when it should be 4.
Lostsoul is missing some GLdefs.

Re: Smooth Doom [WIP 2.0 TEST? WOWIE ZOWIE]

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 11:59 am
by kalensar
Rowsol wrote:Zombieman has a chase of 3 when it should be 4.
Lostsoul is missing some GLdefs.



Well I'll be danged! You are correct good sir. I just corrected my personal file of it. Good catch on the zombie man.

Re: Smooth Doom [WIP 2.0 TEST? WOWIE ZOWIE]

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 10:39 am
by Pokemanic33
VindSole wrote:..reimplemented features from past versions, (Rotating keys/skulls)...

Oh hey, I just noticed the other day the keys didn't spin. Those were some of my favorite animations, I wonder why they were removed?