Smooth Doom [WIP 2.0 TEST? WOWIE ZOWIE]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Whoah

Re: Smooth Doom

Post by Whoah »

Little bug report: the SSG on the black gloves weapon set has vanilla gloves for the idle sprite
bisousbisous

Post by bisousbisous »

Is there a way to get a weapons only version of this by removing certain stuff from the pk3?
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

bisousbisous wrote:Is there a way to get a weapons only version of this by removing certain stuff from the pk3?
viewtopic.php?t=32628
Cheater87

Post by Cheater87 »

The pistol changes back to regular when it has the Doom 64 skin and is getting fired.
acridAxid

Post by acridAxid »

DECO\PLAYER\Pistol.txt:

Code: Select all

bobFire:
		TNT1 A 0 a_jumpif(callacs("skintoggler")==1, "64bobfire")
On Line 170, "64bobfire" should be "bob64fire"

bobFire:
		TNT1 A 0 a_jumpif(callacs("skintoggler")==1, "bob64fire")
acridAxid

Post by acridAxid »

A quick quality of life update to patch some of the issues found in the thread. Load this in place of Smooth Doom, not in addition to it.

Download link removed; see later post for more recent version.

2019-03-23 (changes implemented by acridAxid):

GLDEFS:
		* Fixed light-emitting SmoothShotgunGuy
			+ Changed 'frame SPOSF' to 'frame SPSRF'.

DECO\PLAYER\PISTOL.txt:
		* Fixed Doom 64 pistol switching to vanilla pistol when firing when smooth bob is on and recoil is off.
			+ Changed JumpIf in bobFire state from '64bobfire' to 'bob64fire'.

DECO\PLAYER\SSG.txt:
		* Fixed black gloves spawn/idle states showing brown gloves:
			+ Added missing blSpawn, blReady, blDeselect and blSelect states.
			+ Added JumpIfs for the missing states.

* Fixed P_StartScript: Unknown Script "GloveToggle" spam when using Doom 64 skin.
		    + Removed the JumpIfs for 'GloveToggle', as the referenced states don't seem to exist anyway.

SPRITES\WEAPONS\SHOTGUN\BLACK\BLSGn0:
		* Bad offset causes gun to appear to jump.
		    + Changed Y offset from '-24' to '-28'.  
				- Apparently its the wrong sprite, but at least it doesn't jump around anymore.

2019-03-23 (later):
	DECO\PLAYER\SSG.txt
		* Fixed SSG spawning as player carrying SSG sprite.
			+ Removed JumpIf to 'blSpawn', and blSpawn state.
				- I didn't need to make a 'blSpawn' at all, and certainly not one with the wrong frame selected.
I didn't look into other issues with the Pain Elemental or Archvile yet; these were the most visible to me.
Last edited by acridAxid on Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:17 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Korell

Post by Korell »

acridAxid wrote:Quality of Life update: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1NOI6S ... f20atECDPz
Looks like that Google Drive link needs certain permissions to be able to access.
acridAxid

Post by acridAxid »

I broke the SSG spawn; fixed. Updated link: removed; see later post
Last edited by acridAxid on Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CyberDreams
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by CyberDreams »

acridAxid wrote:I broke the SSG spawn; fixed. Updated link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QmgbFp ... sp=sharing
Thanks for updating this and fixing some issues! That "Unknown Script "GloveToggle" spam error with the Doom64 SSG was so annoying haha! Glad i wasn't the only one. I didn't really notice the other issues as i don't use the smooth bob feature.

Anyways, great mod. I hope it keeps on getting updated.
Last edited by CyberDreams on Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Whoah

Post by Whoah »

acridAxid wrote:I broke the SSG spawn; fixed. Updated link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QmgbFp ... sp=sharing
Hey, thanks for the fix, man! But I think you missed the "glovetoggle" bug on the plasma rifle, from what I can tell
acridAxid

Post by acridAxid »

Thanks, fixed glovetoggle message when using plasma with black gloves: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uvX1KX ... sp=sharing

2019-03-27:
	DECO\PLAYER\Plasma.txt
		* Fixed 'P_StartScript: Unknown Script "GloveToggle"' message when using black gloves.
			+ Removed the JumpIfs for 'GloveToggle', as the referenced states don't seem to exist anyway.
I'm keeping a changelog both here and also inside the PK3. But to be clear, my approach here is to make things look better, not necessarily correct or as Gifty intend them. Do not hold these QOL versions as improvements but rather as the dirty hacks they probably are.
acridAxid

Post by acridAxid »

I re-implemented my Fast Weapon Switching mod back into Smooth Doom, if anyone cares: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NR58QE ... sp=sharing

Fast Weapon Switching can be toggled from within the Options > Smooth Doom menu, like all other Smooth Doom-related options.

If I make further QOL-like changes, I'll continue to push updates for both branches. The Fast Weapon Switching version will always have 'FWS' in the filename.

2019-03-28:
	+ First implementation.
Gifty

Post by Gifty »

Bugfix update coming soon. Haven't had much time to work on the mod so far this year, but trying to put out some fires at least. Stay tuned in the next week or so!
ViolentViolet
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by ViolentViolet »

Awesome, looking forward to the new update soon!

In this video, Civvie briefly talks about and demonstrates how the shotgun in smoothdoom is off? I haven't been able to pin my finger on it exactly, he says he fixed it but doesn't explain how.

https://youtu.be/3rCTpwLdYQA?t=142

I scrolled through the comments and no one seems to have figured out what he did, I even tweeted his way and didn't get a response. Can anyone tell what he's talking about?
And if so, can a fix be included in an update?

Regardless, I really love smooth doom and how it makes the game feel more alive. Keep up the great work! :)
Gifty

Post by Gifty »

I don't want to sound salty, but I could swear the audio in his video is decoupled a little bit to make the animation look more out of sync than it really is. Regardless, I really like his tweak to the animation and I've asked him for the code, but haven't gotten a response. Oh well!

Return to “Gameplay Mods”