Smooth Doom [WIP 2.0 TEST? WOWIE ZOWIE]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
StroggVorbis
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Smooth Doom

Post by StroggVorbis »

KILLER2 wrote:I suggest making it so that if a monster was modified in any way from it's original values, the mod should no longer affect that monster. I've played through like half of Bloodstain until I noticed a visual error on the Baron sprites where the changed sprite used for that mapset showed up for a split second, which made me realize Smooth Doom was replacing Bloodstain's much tougher baron with the regular version. I would like to use this as a go-to to play any mods along with it, but unfortunately there's no way to check if the monsters have been changed in a mod and I'd rather not potentially ruin the game balance for some pretty effects. Is there any way this can be remedied?
I'm not sure, but I think DECORATE and DEHackEd don't blend well together.
KILLER2

Post by KILLER2 »

It makes the sprite show most of the time now, but the attack animation is still the smooth doom one and he still shoots only one green ball instead of two.
FrankADG

Post by FrankADG »

Gifty wrote:Hi! Just so everyone know that I haven't forgotten about this mod, I'm working on an update in the next couple weeks which should reimplement (new, improved) Doom64 weapons, and fix the invincible Spectre bug. A hearty thanks to everyone who looked into that while I was doing other stuff!
Waiting!)
Gifty

Post by Gifty »

Still working on it! :)
unkind

Post by unkind »

any way around the invincible spectre bug? Kinda killing my playthru atm :(
Korell

Post by Korell »

unkind wrote:any way around the invincible spectre bug? Kinda killing my playthru atm :(
You can manually edit the mod using the code discussed a little while back. The program SLADE should be enough to allow you to make the changes to the mod.
KILLER2

Post by KILLER2 »

Gifty wrote:Still working on it! :)
Any chance of addressing the issue I posted about? I very rarely replay map-packs, and if I do it's usually with a monster+weapon randomizer combo. It's a shame because I really love your mod but that totally kills it for me.
Also related, although a bit offtopic, sorry, is there any way to check in a mappack if the monsters/decorations/weapons etc. are altered in any way without using slade/editors? Is it mentioned anywhere in the textfile?
Gifty

Post by Gifty »

unkind wrote:any way around the invincible spectre bug? Kinda killing my playthru atm :(
It's the "gibbyhaynes death" being placed below the regular "death" state causing the Spectre to get stuck. You can change the death states to the same order as the regular pinky to fix it. An official fix is coming, I'm just trying to finish up the Doom64 weapons and it's holding me up.

@Killer2 unfortunately the only thing I can suggest is to try changing your load order so that monster-changing megawads will overwrite Smooth Doom. There isn't really a way on my end (that I know of) to make Smooth Doom modularly turn monster definitions on or off. Hope that helps!
FrankADG

Post by FrankADG »

I noticed that latest version from 17 october 2017 not workins with GZDoom 1.8.09. Sadly. I just love play Smooth Doom at my little notebook too.

Also noticed that file size of latest version is smaller (7,5mb) than previous one (january version is 8,1,mb).

_

Can you please add toggle on/off "Chainsaw gibs"? Like "SSG gibs". I hightly recommended made it. Looks cool. Real carnage).
Trar

Post by Trar »

Is there any chance of the Sound Caulking sounds being added, or have they already been added? I'm talking about stuff like unique pain sounds for Revenants and Barons.
drfrag
Vintage GZDoom Developer

Post by drfrag »

I've uploaded my pirated version again :) , but the link will be alive only for a few days. I just removed the '+' in the '+2' to make it compatible with ZDoom LE and added the spectre bugfix.
http://www.fileconvoy.com/dfl.php?id=g7 ... 3fb16ff95c
FrankADG wrote:I noticed that latest version from 17 october 2017 not workins with GZDoom 1.8.09. Sadly. I just love play Smooth Doom at my little notebook too.
Why 1.8.09? AFAIK that version already required GL 2.0 support. The latest GZDoom should work on the legacy render path. If you experience performance problems or prefer the old GL renderer with shaders you could also try ZDoom32, download link is below my avatar (BTW i released a new version a few days ago).
FrankADG

Post by FrankADG »

drfrag wrote:
I've uploaded my pirated version again :) , but the link will be alive only for a few days. I just removed the '+' in the '+2' to make it compatible with ZDoom LE and added the spectre bugfix.
http://www.fileconvoy.com/dfl.php?id=g7 ... 3fb16ff95c
FrankADG wrote:I noticed that latest version from 17 october 2017 not workins with GZDoom 1.8.09. Sadly. I just love play Smooth Doom at my little notebook too.
Why 1.8.09? AFAIK that version already required GL 2.0 support. The latest GZDoom should work on the legacy render path. If you experience performance problems or prefer the old GL renderer with shaders you could also try ZDoom32, download link is below my avatar (BTW i released a new version a few days ago).
Yes, my little notebook (Only have IntelGraphics) have problem with GZDoom and OpenGL 3.0. With 1.8.09 and OpeGL 2.0 all fine. This problem since version 2.05. On big PC of course I use latest GZDoom version.
Gifty

Post by Gifty »

Hi! Wow! An update! I'm sorry that it took so long, I've been doing a lot of other things lately. THE DOOM64 WEAPONS ARE BACK (ALL OF THEM THIS TIME!) although in the continued effort to clean up the giant mess that is Smooth Doom's code/assets dump, I've disabled custom glove colors temporarily until I get things back on track and make new sprites. EDIT: I forgot to mention that the Doom64 weapons are now balanced as they are in the actual console version, rather than simply being a reskin of the PC versions. I may match them to match the PC balancing at a later date, but that's another question for another time.

Also of note: I've decided to stop maintaining the "monsters only" variant of the mod, because A) it was very poorly and haphazardly maintained in the first place, and B) I realized that I could clearly comment the master DECORATE file for you guys, so that if you want to disable any part of the mod, you can do so by commenting out the relevant lines in there and make the changes easily yourself!

Changelog:
-invincible spectre bug should be fixed
-gore is very slightly gorier
-statusbar is more widescreen friendly
-The full Doom64 weapon skinset is now back in improved form!
-glove colors are temporarily disabled while I get sprites together/clean up code
-rather than maintaining a "monsters only" version (which was poorly maintained anyway), I've clearly commented the DECORATE master file to easily allow people to enable/disable whichever parts of the mod they want
DoomCATO

Post by DoomCATO »

The new update still needs work with the Doom 64 sprites:

1. The Super shotgun has no sound
2. The Punching glove glitch to the 64 sprite when selected to Classic
3. The 64 BFG appear when selected to Classic sprites
4. The Shotgun sprite doesn't appear in the gzdoom 3.2.4 source port
5. Most of the weapons are invisible to find for both Classic and 64
6. I believe the Classic Plasma gun glitches with the 64 sprites when fire
7. WHERE'S THE BLACK GLOVES?!
Doomenator

Post by Doomenator »

Gifty wrote:Hi! Wow! An update!
A zombies without a head is too much nonrealistic. They grunt and shoot with aiming, but this is impossible without a head. :)

Return to “Gameplay Mods”