Smooth Doom [WIP 2.0 TEST? WOWIE ZOWIE]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
DoomKrakken

Re: Smooth Doom (SOME SHIT IS FIXED!)

Post by DoomKrakken »

GreenDoomguy1999 wrote:Also I do not remember it, the blood flies and falls on the heads of monsters and the player (if not mistaken in the old versions, the blood fell to the floor through the monsters)

That gore probably needs THRUACTORS.
RUSTYBALLS900

Post by RUSTYBALLS900 »

If weapon kickback and weapon bob are turned on, and you are using the doom64 shotgun skin and black gloves i get the following warning message in the top left corner of the screen when firing the shotgun
jumptarget "bobble64recoilfire" not found in perk shotgun

does anyone know how to get rid of this, it's annoying as hell
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

I am not 100% sure of it, but it seems playing with Smooth Doom occasionally spawns invincible Spectres that can be passed through but can still damage you.

I cannot say yet if the issue is caused by the newest version of Smooth Doom or GZDoom 3.2 or both, but so far, I have been unable to reproduce it outside of Smooth Doom.
wasabidog14

Post by wasabidog14 »

JohnnyTheWolf wrote:I am not 100% sure of it, but it seems playing with Smooth Doom occasionally spawns invincible Spectres that can be passed through but can still damage you.

I cannot say yet if the issue is caused by the newest version of Smooth Doom or GZDoom 3.2 or both, but so far, I have been unable to reproduce it outside of Smooth Doom.
I was just about to make a post about that. Also happened on GZDoom V3.2.0 on map04 in Doom 2.
Gifty

Post by Gifty »

That's super fucking weird, I've never encountered invincible spectres. Does anyone else have any more information on how to replicate this?

Also, small patch:

fixes:
-black-gloved pistol now plays the new animation
-fixed wonky physics on blue/green blood
-fixed several issues in monsters-only version

changes:
-disabled zombieman "jawless" variant because it looks silly
-the "kill all" function no longer spawns monster gibs for performance reasons

The Doom64 weapons are coming along well, they should be back into the mod before too much longer. Besides some polishing here and there, it's down to the last two plasma weapons.
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

It seems to be random, so the more Spectres a map has, the higher the chance you get to encounter an unkillable "Ghost" version.

The best way to reproduce the issue is to either play a map filled with them or just summon many Spectres until at least one of them turns out invincible.
Korell

Post by Korell »

JohnnyTheWolf wrote:It seems to be random, so the more Spectres a map has, the higher the chance you get to encounter an unkillable "Ghost" version.

The best way to reproduce the issue is to either play a map filled with them or just summon many Spectres until at least one of them turns out invincible.
Does this only happen with SmoothDoom or is it a GZDoom bug?
JohnnyTheWolf

Re: Smooth Doom

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

So far, it has only occurred with Smooth Doom.
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

It seems the 'Super Shotgun Gibs Enemies' option is causing the issue. I turned it off and shooting Spectres with the Super Shotgun no longer make them invulnerable and able to fall off ledges.

Oddly enough, though, I have been unable to recreate the bug with SmoothDoom-MonstersOnly.
Last edited by JohnnyTheWolf on Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

The lack of a Goto Death at the end of the spectre's Death.GibbyHaynes state sequence is what's causing the "ghost" spectres issue.
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

What do I need to do to fix that? What file do I need to edit and how?
Korell

Post by Korell »

JohnnyTheWolf wrote:What do I need to do to fix that? What file do I need to edit and how?
Well, I've taken a look inside the SmoothDoom.pk3 (using Slade, but you can rename it to .zip and open it that way if you want) and inside there is a folder name DECO. Within that folder is one called MONSTERS and within that one you have the Demon.txt decorate file.

Comparing ACTOR SmoothDemon to ACTOR smoothspectre, the only differences are that Death.GibbyHaynes isn't in the same order, and there are two extra lines in GibDeath for Demon. As such, for now I've just moved GibbyHaynes for smoothspectre so that it is in the same order as SmoothDemon. I don't know if this fixes it, though.
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

I tried your advice, but alas, it does not. :(
Korell

Post by Korell »

JohnnyTheWolf wrote:I tried your advice, but alas, it does not. :(
I wonder, then, does the issue also affect the Pinkie Demon, and not just the spectre?
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

As far as I can tell, it only affects the Spectre.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”