Smooth Doom [WIP 2.0 TEST? WOWIE ZOWIE]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
EddieMann

Re: Smooth Doom [UPDATE 9/25/19]

Post by EddieMann »

Alright, now just be a little more Blood-like with the flying gibs, ragdolled heads and explosions (perhaps an option to do the same with guns as well) and you've struck gold.
bisousbisous

Post by bisousbisous »

I noticed that the gibs from monsters exploding with enhanced gore enabled never go away, even with decals and sprites turned to 0. Is the limit on them just really high or will they build up forever if I'm playing something like Scythe or Eviternity with large monster numbers?

Edit: Also noticed that no matter what gore mod I use (nashgore, bloody simple, bolognese, droplets), anything that makes use of colored blood like cacodemons and hell knights will not properly work with the loaded gore mod. Example: I load nashgore and smoothdoom together, and turn off smoothdooms enhanced gore. Nashgore works fine with enemies like pinky, zombie man, chaingunner, etc that use red blood. IF i try to shoot a cacodemon or hell knight though, the nashgore blood doesnt come from them, instead the smoothdoom blood does. I've tried loading nashgore before and after smoothdoom, using nashgores own blood color fixer wad, nothing seems to work.
plazma1982

Post by plazma1982 »

First I would like to say thank you so much for this wonderful mod it's so fun to play and it stays with the original game thank you again

I was wondering if anybody knows a way to buff the rifle in the game files for personal use I really love that weapon but I need to pack a little bit more of a punch they play on maps of Chaos in is a lot more enemies
acridAxid

Post by acridAxid »

@plazma1982, this might be useful to you: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=53108#p931133
MentzWolf
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by MentzWolf »

Hello! I was wondering if I can work on brightmaps for this project? Unless if someone else is already doing so haha
Gifty

Post by Gifty »

By all means! I've been too busy to get to it lately.
MentzWolf

Post by MentzWolf »

Thanks!
Boomergloomer

Post by Boomergloomer »

I have encounter a bug were the BFG 9000 keeps giving me infinite cells every time i use it, is there any way to fix it?
Gifty

Post by Gifty »

@Boomergloomer I've fixed it, it'll be out in the next update. If you don't want to wait, you can open the BFG DECORATE file inside Smooth Doom (ACTORS>PLAYER>BFG.txt), scroll to the Fire state, remove line 35.
dmslr

Post by dmslr »

I couldn't get the first shootable switch in map16 (Mr. X) of Scythe 2 without mouselook because of my lower height. How does Smooth Doom affect player's height?
Gifty

Post by Gifty »

@dmslr As far as I know it doesn't, or isn't supposed to. I'll have to check on this and see if that is caused by something in SD. Are you running any other mods on top?
dmslr

Post by dmslr »

Nope. Only m8f's autosave and pistol start minimods.
LOL_DUDE
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by LOL_DUDE »

I just noticed that, when using this mod with Sound Caulking, Spectres don't get differentiated sounds from Demons like they're supposed to. All of the other added sounds work as intended, however, so this is a pretty minor issue, but I hope it can be addressed nonetheless.
MentzWolf

Post by MentzWolf »

Sorry guys been feeling like crap as of late, I'll try to get started on the brightmaps soon!
NiGHTMARE

Post by NiGHTMARE »

Smooth Doom brightmaps have actually been done already: https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/1 ... d-edition/

A few of them could do with some improvements, though.
Last edited by NiGHTMARE on Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”