Smooth Doom [WIP 2.0 TEST? WOWIE ZOWIE]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Gifty

Re: Smooth Doom [UPDATE 6/6/19]

Post by Gifty »

rattollo wrote:Hello, I noticed that when using -fast mode the pinkies move as expected, but they don't also bite faster as they should. Is a fix planned for that?
Yep! I'm going to continue a stream of smaller bugfixing patches for the near future, instead of leaving bugs unaddressed for months and months pending the next "mega update."
BROS_ETT_311 wrote:Hey man, just tried out the latest quickfix (06.06.19) and found there's a bit of a mismatch with sguy's missile state brightmap. Should reference "SPSR F" as opposed to "SPOS F", but other than that it's a solid build as far as I can tell :D .
Unfortunately brightmaps don't really work in Smooth Doom right now, I'm currently working on getting a whole set of mod-specific brightmaps made but it's going to take a lot of work. Eventually they'll be done! :D
Turin Turambar
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Turin Turambar »

Thanks for the key change ;)
gordon.freeman1998

Post by gordon.freeman1998 »

PLEASE HELP ME
I CAN'T DOWNLOAD YOUR MOD
PLEASE
JUST 1 MEDIAFIRE LINK OR ANYTHING
GOOGLE DRIVE IS BROKEN
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

I know that you've asked for help before but PLEASE STOP SHOUTING!

SergeantDiggs

Post by SergeantDiggs »

Spoiler:
Maybe this will help. It's the latest version. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1DTi-E ... wRwA5EEW51
gordon.freeman1998

Post by gordon.freeman1998 »

I cannot download the mod because Google Drive cannot redirect me properly.
SergeantDiggs

Post by SergeantDiggs »

gordon.freeman1998 wrote:I cannot download the mod because Google Drive cannot redirect me properly.
I could email you the pk3. PM me your email and I'll send it.
Gifty

Post by Gifty »

That's super weird. I just reuploaded and changed the link, let me know if it works for you guys. Sharing for that file should be on so you shouldn't have any issues.
acridAxid

Post by acridAxid »

Just confirming the updated link is working.
BKIIKilla
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by BKIIKilla »

MaxVonSydoww wrote:Reading through this thread i get the impression that Gifty is considering to let his sprites get the Neural upscale treatment someday. And that it is a matter of time and getting his sprites as close to perfection as possible before going highdef.

I pray to Odin and just sacrificed a virgin in the hopes that this will happen one day!
I really hope Gifty adds Neural upscaled monster sprites to his mod in the future, that would be perfect.

PS. Thanks for all your continuous hard work on this mod Gifty, we really appreciate it.
Gifty

Re: Smooth Doom [UPDATE 6/15/19]

Post by Gifty »

It's update day again. More bugfixes, and some nice additions from fellow mod steward Almonds!

-fixed black pistol always firing casings
-fixed cacodemons always firing fast projectiles
-fixed pinkies not biting fast with -fast tag on
-further tweaked recoil values, cleaned up recoil code
-plasmaball wall decal changed from "impball scorch" back to original
-improved Doom64 Shotgun animation (Thanks, Almonds!)
-reinstated kickback for the Doom64 SSG, as it is in the real port (Also Almonds!)
terminator44

Post by terminator44 »

Is there any way to turn off the dynamic lights generated by weapons and projectiles (rockets, plasma, etc)? Even when I disable all of Smooth Doom's options and GZDoom's dynamic light options they still appear.
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

terminator44 wrote:Is there any way to turn off the dynamic lights generated by weapons and projectiles (rockets, plasma, etc)? Even when I disable all of Smooth Doom's options and GZDoom's dynamic light options they still appear.
Are you using gzdoom 3.4.1 by any chance? That version has a bug where dynamic lights won't turn off. Also, there's 2 switches, one for openGL and one for software so make sure you're turning off the correct option.
terminator44

Post by terminator44 »

Rowsol wrote: Are you using gzdoom 3.4.1 by any chance? That version has a bug where dynamic lights won't turn off. Also, there's 2 switches, one for openGL and one for software so make sure you're turning off the correct option.
3.8.1, actually. And I tried turning off both OpenGL and Software dynamic lighting and the weapon lighting effects are still present on Smooth Doom.
cs89

Post by cs89 »

Sorry if there was a similiar question, I have to write this:
If I want to play a megawad with only smooth weapon animations and with monster randomizer mod, there are any ways to disable the vanilla monster animations?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”