Smooth Doom [WIP 2.0 TEST? WOWIE ZOWIE]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
meatman12

Re: Smooth Doom (NOW HAS A THEME SONG!)

Post by meatman12 »

Yeah, I was thinking that too. I guess the Berserk pack looks better in that aspect.
Almonds

Post by Almonds »

yooo gifty dude, lovin' the new update! the new gore toggeables menu is a ((much needed)) nice touch. the HWD variant is nice too.

regarding bugs, i kept on stumbling across random ACS mismatching messages here and there prior to the hotfix, glad to see some of those be gone. on that same bug note, i picked up on something related to the 64 muzzleflashes, as in that they were all misaligned and weird looking so that made me realize how awkward most of them really seemed

so here's a custom ver I just put up to mend those, got rid of a couple ACS error messages while i was at it, and implemented the pistol shading fix for both brown and black gloves by perkristian/jewellds. let me know what you think please!!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/6rxovbr6i ... thDoom.pk3

EDIT: wrong link HAHA WOW HOW COULD I HAVE POSSIBLY FUCKED UP THIS HARD??
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

Could you convert all the new/modified sprites to the PNG format, so that they are compatible with mapsets using a custom palette?

I know how to do it myself, but it is annoying to have to go through the same process every time there is a new release for this mod.

Thanks in advance!
FrankADG

Post by FrankADG »

I really love it. Thank you dude!))
patrik wrote:Well, after thorough checking, I must say I also get that error message with super shotgun. If I have enabled black gloves and smooth bobbing and classic skin for it and shoot it, it will display this:

Code: Select all

JUMP TARGET "BOBBLCASE64FIRE" NOT FOUND IN PERKSUPERSHOTGUN 
But aside from that, everything works fine.
Btw I am using zdoom build 2.8pre-1675-g7be6041.
After SSG fire I see this error too:

https://pp.vk.me/c837235/v837235877/224 ... IEuQLo.jpg

Please help.

UPD: Disable "Weapons BOB" - and all fine.
_____

Also, can you please add footsteps ins game?

Thank you!
Last edited by FrankADG on Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Nothing happens at all with Gzdoom g2.3.2. Maybe update your gzdoom from here?
FrankADG wrote:Also, can you please add footsteps ins game?

Thank you!
It's possible. But i think it sounds visually obsolete since this mod is for smooth animation-involved improvements and features.
FrankADG

Post by FrankADG »

Captain J wrote:Nothing happens at all with Gzdoom g2.3.2. Maybe update your gzdoom from here?
FrankADG wrote:Also, can you please add footsteps ins game?

Thank you!
It's possible. But i think it sounds visually obsolete since this mod is for smooth animation-involved improvements and features.
But mod add new sounds too (shells for example).

Oh yes, "Janitor" in Smooth Doom don't delete shells at ground. Nice if next update shells will delete too.
Almonds

Post by Almonds »

the intent of the mod is to bring back aesthetic features from the alphas or anything in mild relation to the previous doom releases, in a way that they dont alter doom's original atmosphere. having footsteps would kinda hurt that

I'll try giving hand at converting the files today maybe?? but i got lots going on right now and probably will take longer, sorry
Gifty

Post by Gifty »

The footsteps discussion has come up before, I'd be totally down with including them if there was a practical way of making them optional.

Also hi! I'm still away from home for a bit, but it's nice to see people spotting bugs/fixing stuff and keeping the train moving while I'm away. Thanks, you guys! :D
Last edited by Gifty on Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pikio96

Post by pikio96 »

I am very happy to see this update, very well done as always! I can't wait to see what's next in store. Also, I"m most likely in the minority here, but is there any chance the Doom 64 gloves will make it in?
Gifty

Post by Gifty »

Yeah, Almonds actually did my work for me and did a run of Doom64 gloves, and I want to incorporate those eventually. I think eventually the 64 weapons should all be unpalleted, too.
pikio96

Post by pikio96 »

Sick, sounds good to me. I really like the blood splats, super pleasing to look at. This update was really worth the wait.
FrankADG

Post by FrankADG »

Gifty wrote:Yeah, Almonds actually did my work for me and did a run of Doom64 gloves, and I want to incorporate those eventually. I think eventually the 64 weapons should all be unpalleted, too.
What you think about add variant with no gloves? Like Quake 2 and Doom 3).

I hope you add footsteps like optional toggle off/on in settings).

Another my thoughts what I want see in mod.

1) Screen shake when player shooting from all weapons - for bring more dynamic in gameplay. (toggle on/off)
2) Screen shake when player take damage - again for bring more dynimaic in gameplay. (toogle on/off)
3) Janitor must be delete also shells from ground.
4) Doom 64 weapons. Add sprites of weapons at ground if player choice Doom 64 weapons. Now change weapon only in first person.
5) Add new toggle on/off of sound pack. Original Doom sounds or Doom PSX (Doom 64) sounds. Include absolutely sounds.
Almonds

Post by Almonds »

about half of what you requested was already implemented into the mod from the very beginning :P.

you're absolutely capable of choosing your own soundpacks to use alongside the mod, don't see anything wrong with that. it's best to keep files separate so that none override one another, and soundpack wads tend to be very space consuming. if you're experiencing slowdown with the shell and bullet casings you can simply turn them off, I'll look into a janitor system in the near future but that's more of a further down the line thing as of now
FrankADG

Post by FrankADG »

Almonds wrote:about half of what you requested was already implemented into the mod from the very beginning :P.

you're absolutely capable of choosing your own soundpacks to use alongside the mod, don't see anything wrong with that. it's best to keep files separate so that none override one another, and soundpack wads tend to be very space consuming. if you're experiencing slowdown with the shell and bullet casings you can simply turn them off, I'll look into a janitor system in the near future but that's more of a further down the line thing as of now
Okay).
But I think need screen shake when take damage and when player shooting. Also footsteps. And I happy)).

Very nice mod. Right now play Alien Vendetta at 15 level).

Really enjoy it).
Spoiler:
lizardcommando

Post by lizardcommando »

I think the screen already shakes when you shoot, just really really subtle. I wouldn't want the screen shake when you get damaged though. That would get really annoying.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”