Smooth Doom [WIP 2.0 TEST? WOWIE ZOWIE]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Sokoro

Re: Smooth Doom

Post by Sokoro »

How do I create monsters only version? I commented out all weapons in that main decorate file but gzdoom says "execution could not continue / no player classes defined"
I even tried to leave the doomguy.txt in, but that did not solve the issue.
Neccronixis

Post by Neccronixis »

@Soroko You need to also delete the KEYCONF file which adds the custom player class
Sokoro

Post by Sokoro »

Thanks.

Here is fix for the shotgunguy emiting light when walking, change line 872 in file GLDEFS to:

Code: Select all

frame SPSRF { light ZOMBIEATK }
GreenDoomguy1999 wrote:Some bugs and etc.
Weapons:
-Vanilla gloves Skin still appearing with Black gloves Skin on the first super shotgun sprite,very easy to notice with fullscreen hud
That is because the black gloves variant of ssg has only code for fire and recoil fire, it takes spawn, ready, select and deselect code from normal ssg. somebody would need to code it.

How do you calculate tics in the decorate code for weapons?

I could not reproduce the bug with archvile attack and pain elemental`s pain (heh), well the pain elemental sometimes can get hit with lost soul and "pained" while you "pain" him with your weapon, and archviles sometimes change target before they finish their attack, but that is how it is supposed to be.

The bug with black gloves shotgun sprite being cut short is because he used wrong brown gloves sprite as base when creating the black variant. He used sprite from previous frame instead of sprite that was made for this x,y coordinates.

I was reading the code I bit and I noticed lot of inconsistency in it, some stuff is done a bit differently in different weapon files etc. I suggest focusing on bug-fixes and code polish before adding new features. I guess that is one of disadvantages of opensource code, that everyone can see your mistakes and errors.
Setoncio

Post by Setoncio »

Sokoro wrote:Thanks.

Here is fix for the shotgunguy emiting light when walking, change line 872 in file GLDEFS to:

Code: Select all

frame SPSRF { light ZOMBIEATK }
Coolio, this was driving me nuts. I'm still a total newbie reading Zdoom; I thought that file was pointing to the sprites in the BRIGHTMAPS folder, so in theory it wasn't wrong, but it makes a lot of sense when you realize it's actually the Decorate files what manages which sprites are gonna be used.

That said, I found another mistake looking at that problem:
It's using the wrong sprite!!!1!11! :P
Panzermann11
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Panzermann11 »

Sokoro wrote:I could not reproduce the bug with archvile attack and pain elemental`s pain (heh), well the pain elemental sometimes can get hit with lost soul and "pained" while you "pain" him with your weapon, and archviles sometimes change target before they finish their attack, but that is how it is supposed to be.
Try to summon monsters using the "summon" command on console. Example: summon archvile. That way you can easily reproduce that one bug without going around in circles for about more that 10 minutes searching for the monster to test the bug on.
EmperorGrieferus

Re: Smooth Animations Project - Take 2!

Post by EmperorGrieferus »

Gifty wrote:It hadn't even occurred to me to use the sprite fixing project as a base. I certainly try to fix any weirdness where I see it, but I guess that's redundant if someone's already done it for me. :P The thing with the chaingunner animation is that the flying gibs are actually supposed to be flung backwards, so they stay in the air a little longer than would seem obvious. I know what you mean, though, for the longest time I thought they were supposed to be flying to the left and it looked weird.

@script errors:
I had tried renaming the cards, but what seems to happen is the name change severs their connection to the appropriate doors, and they cease to open anything.

The perkweapon redundancy just made me slap my face. I had perkweapons in my autoload, then I was running this mod on top of that. SIGH.

Ultimate Doom compatibility has been weird since the beginning. I figured out that the revenant/chaingunner sprites don't play nice for some reason; if you just delete their sprite folders it's all good. I'd just post up a version without them, but I'm holding onto this idea that there should be a simple way to make it work without deleting anything.
Can you tell me, what's the difference between A_Light1 and A_Light2?
Gifty

Post by Gifty »

They enact different brightness levels. https://zdoom.org/wiki/A_Light This article has some good info!
EmperorGrieferus

Gifty wrote:They enact different brightness levels. https://zdoom.org/wiki/A_Light This article has some good info!
What means "CHAN_WEAPON" after "weapons/sshotf" in A_PlaySound of SSG?
Blue Shadow

Post by Blue Shadow »

If you have editing questions, post them in the appropriate forum, not here. But before you do, search the ZDoom Wiki, first, since what you have asked so far can be easily answered by searching the wiki.
EmperorGrieferus

Blue Shadow wrote:If you have editing questions, post them in the appropriate forum, not here. But before you do, search the ZDoom Wiki, first, since what you have asked so far can be easily answered by searching the wiki.
Thanks for help.
blablabla93

Post by blablabla93 »

Quick bug report. I like the recoil that's been added to smooth doom but I keep getting this error message spamming like crazy when using the plasma gun saying p_startscript: unknown script "glovetoggle", and sometimes the plasma gun disappears completely when using it with recoil enabled. I hope this can be easily fixed up cause I love this mod to bits.
Gifty

Post by Gifty »

Thanks! The glovetoggle error is just some leftover code I forgot to delete, if you don't want to wait for the update you can fix it by going in to the plasma rifle decorate script, search for "glovetoggle" and just delete that line of code.

I can't seem to reproduce the disappearing bug you mention, that's weird. Hopefully I can get another update out soon.
blablabla93

Post by blablabla93 »

I'm a complete noob at programming, know nothing of code, but this seems easy enough. Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a shot
EmperorGrieferus

Will the rest of the resurrection animations be implemented?
P.S.: Why I should do it by myself? I know, that's easy for me, but I still don't understand your position.
acridAxid

Post by acridAxid »

Not everyone has such free time to give, please be considerate.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”