Smooth Doom [WIP 2.0 TEST? WOWIE ZOWIE]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Grumple

Re: Smooth Doom [UPDATE 9/25/19]

Post by Grumple »

Hey so, Smooth doom right now gives you 300 ammo anytime you shoot a BFG. I don't know why or how it does this, but it happened to me. here is a link to a Reddit thread of someone experiencing it with a video https://www.reddit.com/r/Doom/comments/ ... ning_ammo/.
Grumple

Post by Grumple »

I forgot to mention this too but, for some reason smooth doom also breaks the eye switches in sigil, this one baffles me but yeah.

Edit: I found out the reason for this happening, sort of. I've been playing smooth doom with only the weapons, but in an attempt to see if I could fix either of these glitches I turned all of the features back on, this fixed the eye not showing up but did not fix the infinite bfg glitch. this "fix" isn't ideal, I still would like to play doom with only the smooth doom weapons.
acridAxid

Post by acridAxid »

Pokemanic33 wrote:I've been lurking on this forum for some time now and have been using Smooth Doom since I discovered it, but am now rising from the depths to post about a very minor, yet nonetheless odd, bug/incompatibility I've come across. I use this HUD mod. On the right side, it displays the pickup sprite of the weapon you are currently holding, but with Smooth Doom most of these are invisible; the only ones which display correctly are the pistol and rocket launcher. The HUD has a Smooth Doom-compatible version, but it hasn't been updated since 2017. I assume this is the source of the incompatibility, as a version of Smooth from around the same time (the "Date Created" field in Windows is 8/25/2017, but I believe that's the date I downloaded it, rather than the date that version was released) displays all the weapons as they should. Do you have any idea what could be causing this and/or how to fix it?
Likely just a sprite name change, have you compared what sprite the HUD is looking for and then comparing it with the same of the sprite Smooth Doom is using?
acridAxid

Post by acridAxid »

Grumple wrote:Hey so, Smooth doom right now gives you 300 ammo anytime you shoot a BFG. I don't know why or how it does this, but it happened to me. here is a link to a Reddit thread of someone experiencing it with a video https://www.reddit.com/r/Doom/comments/ ... ning_ammo/.
In DECO/PLAYER/BFG.txt, find and modify this section as needed:

Code: Select all

Fire: 
		TNT1 A 0 A_JumpIf(CallACS("skintoggler")==1, "64fire")
    	TNT1 A 0 a_jumpif(callacs("BobToggle")==1, "bobfire")
		TNT1 A 0 A_JumpIf(CallACS("recoiltoggle")==1, "recoilfire")

BFGG J 4 A_BFGSound
		BFGG AJAJ 3
		BFGG AJ 2
		BFGG KB 1
		BFGG C 1 A_GunFlash
		BFGx a 1
		BFGG DEF 2 
		BFGG G 2 bright A_FireBFG
				tnt1 a 0 a_giveinventory("cell",256)  // <--
				tnt1 a 0 a_refire

BFGG H 1 bright offset (0, 37)
		BFGG H 1 bright offset (0, 37) 
		BFGG I 1 bright offset (0, 35)
		BFGG J 3 offset (0, 34)
		BFGG J 2 A_ReFire		
		BFGG A 3 offset (0, 33)
		BFGG A 15
		goto Ready
Other players aren't reproducing it because they aren't matching those JumpIf statements.

EDIT: I forgot Gifty already resolved this months ago.
acridAxid

Post by acridAxid »

Here's a Quality of Life release with Fast Weapon Switching option (can be toggled on or off in the menu, as always) for the 2019-09-25 version that includes the Cacodemon fix and the BFG ammo fix.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AYgb8d ... sp=sharing
EmperorGrieferus

Post by EmperorGrieferus »

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_uczh ... 0vBz7-7UH5
Finally fixed casings and kickback.
Last edited by EmperorGrieferus on Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pokemanic33

Post by Pokemanic33 »

acridAxid wrote:
Pokemanic33 wrote:I've been lurking on this forum for some time now and have been using Smooth Doom since I discovered it, but am now rising from the depths to post about a very minor, yet nonetheless odd, bug/incompatibility I've come across. I use this HUD mod. On the right side, it displays the pickup sprite of the weapon you are currently holding, but with Smooth Doom most of these are invisible; the only ones which display correctly are the pistol and rocket launcher. The HUD has a Smooth Doom-compatible version, but it hasn't been updated since 2017. I assume this is the source of the incompatibility, as a version of Smooth from around the same time (the "Date Created" field in Windows is 8/25/2017, but I believe that's the date I downloaded it, rather than the date that version was released) displays all the weapons as they should. Do you have any idea what could be causing this and/or how to fix it?
Likely just a sprite name change, have you compared what sprite the HUD is looking for and then comparing it with the same of the sprite Smooth Doom is using?
That was basically it, thanks. I'm not particularly experienced with ZDoom editing so it took a bit of looking, but I found the sprites the HUD needed and changed it accordingly.
DoomCATO

Post by DoomCATO »

Any news for a next update after a long holiday
Gifty

Post by Gifty »

DoomCATO wrote:Any news for a next update after a long holiday
I've been in the middle of moving to a new city+making a music record start to finish, but the update is still happening! It's just gonna be slow.
DoomSoul

Post by DoomSoul »

EmperorGrieferus wrote:https://drive.google.com/open?id=1iyGPF ... 4Yrhcheqmj
I like it. But, you could make a topic with its own name.
EmperorGrieferus

DoomSoul wrote:
Ok, doomer.
Please, don't blow me up with SSG of this joke.
DoomSoul

Post by DoomSoul »

EmperorGrieferus wrote:
DoomSoul wrote:
Ok, doomer.
Please, don't blow me up with SSG of this joke.
I think it's good and it deserves to be a separate mod. Will you keep updating it?
EmperorGrieferus

Of course.
Hell Knight still needs smoother animation.
I will try to recolor Baron's sprites, but I'm not sure I will succeed.
Whitestellar

Post by Whitestellar »

In LZdoom
If you put Doom 64 Itens and Marine Armor Shard you gain BFG infinite ammo
how? Don`t even know, but i like the mod, more frames of animation make everthing so smooth
acridAxid

Post by acridAxid »

Whitestellar wrote:If you put Doom 64 Itens and Marine Armor Shard you gain BFG infinite ammo
Don't forget to read the thread.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”