Smooth Doom [WIP 2.0 TEST? WOWIE ZOWIE]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
3371-Alpha

Re: Smooth Doom (NOW HAS A THEME SONG!)

Post by 3371-Alpha »

Speaking of adding sprites, do you think you could add the PSX Final Doom super shotgun as a selectable skin?
I also notice you have the exploding doomguy head from the PSX version too, but I notice it only ever activates when he dies from his own rockets. Do you think you could make it occur on all gibling deaths as well as add the option to make it appear on all deaths (3DO) or disable it completely (vanilla).
Agitatio
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Agitatio »

Bug(s): Setting Plasma Sparkles to Player and Monster doesn't actually enable them for the Player. Also I noticed that sometimes monsters leave gibs, even though they are disabled.
ungraphed

Post by ungraphed »

Hello ppl, love this mod, particularly the always gib option for the super shotgun, would be awesome if all weapons could gib on death when doing the right amount of damage like in quake.

I've noticed that the Ketchup v5 Gore Mod doesn't work with this mod. Smooth Doom's gore seems more faithful to the original, but seeing entire rooms being covered with blood and guts is just way more satisfying, is it possible to make both mods compatible with each other?
Gifty

Post by Gifty »

ungraphed wrote:Hello ppl, love this mod, particularly the always gib option for the super shotgun, would be awesome if all weapons could gib on death when doing the right amount of damage like in quake.

I've noticed that the Ketchup v5 Gore Mod doesn't work with this mod. Smooth Doom's gore seems more faithful to the original, but seeing entire rooms being covered with blood and guts is just way more satisfying, is it possible to make both mods compatible with each other?
I haven't tested it yet, but on the last page someone linked to a ketchup compatibility patch that might work for you!
meatman12

Post by meatman12 »

Suggestion; Recolor the Zombieman rifle (On the enemy sprite it's black, but on the player sprite it's silver).
EDIT: Nevermind. Maybe make it a little darker though.
Atendega

Post by Atendega »

meatman12 wrote:Suggestion; Recolor the Zombieman rifle (On the enemy sprite it's black, but on the player sprite it's silver).
EDIT: Nevermind. Maybe make it a little darker though.
The idea here is to be completely vanilla-faithful, so I don't think that would be acceptable. If anything, it would have to be a toggleable option, and I don't think it's worth that much effort.
ungraphed

Post by ungraphed »

That patch works great, thank you Gifty!
Oberron
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Oberron »

The explosion sources on the credits are by VEC Films, that's the original source.
meatman12

Post by meatman12 »

Idea: Weapon specific crosshairs. It's relatively simple to implement (unless you're using CVARS). Just plop "A_SetCrosshair (x)" into the ready state of the weapon. Here's an example of what I mean (with crosshairs created by me).
https://puu.sh/u9z4o/0eafc0fb17.pk3
EDIT: Forgot to include SSG Crosshair.

EDIT2: Made a chaingun/rifle firing sound (mixing the pistol [from perks hq sounds] with the super shotgun sound). Sounds more powerful & boomier.
https://puu.sh/u9G6P/fae460add9.wav
Gifty

Post by Gifty »

meatman12 wrote:Idea: Weapon specific crosshairs. It's relatively simple to implement (unless you're using CVARS). Just plop "A_SetCrosshair (x)" into the ready state of the weapon. Here's an example of what I mean (with crosshairs created by me).
https://puu.sh/u9z4o/0eafc0fb17.pk3
EDIT: Forgot to include SSG Crosshair.

EDIT2: Made a chaingun/rifle firing sound (mixing the pistol [from perks hq sounds] with the super shotgun sound). Sounds more powerful & boomier.
https://puu.sh/u9G6P/fae460add9.wav
Nice! Yeah, I think weapon specific crosshairs are really cool, especially after seeing their excellent implementation in the new Doom. I don't know if it would make a ton of sense in Smooth Doom though, and I don't want to throw anything in that the player couldn't turn off. Also I can't get your link to work, I'd like to hear it but weapon sounds are also something Smooth Doom probably shouldn't include.

Also I gave that Ketchup patch a go myself just now, and whew. That's really cool, I wish there was some way to officially incorporate it without basically stealing Mark's thunder. More blood options are something I've wanted for a while.
meatman12

Post by meatman12 »

I was thinking of making an addon to Smooth Doom, simply called Smooth Doom Extras (or, something) basically including stuff that doesn't change gameplay, but wouldn't really fit in Smooth Doom (The new chaingun sound, for instance).

Fixed link (including new chaingun sound). I should probably explain it a bit better: It's like the super shotgun sound, but not as powerful.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/i09eddmnr ... thdoom.pk3
Rokim21
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Rokim21 »

It would be nice if you included a fist, chainsaw and rifle crosshairs.
Rokim21
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Rokim21 »

Gifty made a rifle fix,please?
MinerOfWorlds

Post by MinerOfWorlds »

Can you give the bullet casings rotations when they are on the ground?
rileymartin

Post by rileymartin »

Hey there! I'm experiencing a bug where Blood Pools being on combined with monsters getting crushed tanks my performance to 1-2 FPS in the latest stable GZDoom and QZDoom. This has nothing to do with the monsters being visible either. Loading up Sunlust map02 or 30 where some enemies get crushed in a monster closet at the start of the map has that effect. I'm moderately sure this wasn't the case when I played with an older build about a year ago.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”