[WIP] Unnamed Project, New Weapons & Enemy

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
protox

[WIP] Unnamed Project, New Weapons & Enemy

Post by protox »

Hello. I've been messing with ZDoom/GZDoom for the past few weeks and here is a video of an alpha test showing the 7 news weapons I have created along with a new zombie. I'm not sure exactly if I will complete this, but just wanted to get an idea what people think of this. Thanks.

Last edited by protox on Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: [WIP] Unamed Project, New Weapons & Enemy

Post by wildweasel »

Welcome to the forums, Protox! I've taken the liberty of moving your thread to Projects, and please be sure to read the Official ZDoom Forum Rules (where I've cleverly hidden the instructions on how to make the Youtube tag work).
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

First of all let me join my voice to wildweasel's to welcome you to this forum.

Now for your mod :

Original weapons(not the old arsenal but a brand new one), good animations and nice in-game weapon's sprites.

For a homemade weapon arsenal and zombie it's pretty good i'd say :)

Keep it up :D
protox

Post by protox »

Thanks, I'm going to continue work as I have time. This is very early work, the assets probably need more work. Still trying to figure out the art direction as well. If I don't fully complete it I'll just release the assets for others under public domain or something like that. Otherwise I'll make a full total conversion game, and release once I have something more interesting.

The current storyline is that you are a scientist working on a small space research vessel. When you get a message from earth to go to a nearby planet where there is a large ship in orbit, Earth has lost all contact with this ship and needs you to find out why. Once you board the ship you discover something has happened and everyone has been infected with something. As you fight through you uncover the truth.
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

Hey that's a really promising settings you got there :D

Doom really needs more sci-fi mods or at least mods with a sci-fi story.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

hell, these animations are looking so great! anyway are you thinking about expand the sprite's sizes?
protox

Post by protox »

Captain J wrote:hell, these animations are looking so great! anyway are you thinking about expand the sprite's sizes?
Thanks.

What do you mean by expanding sprite size? Do you mean to make them bigger or to have high definition versions. Both are possible, I'm not sure if I would do that however as my screen size is 1920x1080 and making them too big will fill up the screen quite a lot on lower resolutions. My personal preference is to not block the view area too much.

The sprites are models I made in blender, then some simple animations, extracted and edited in photoshop. Every sprite/frame has a high definition variant, which is possible to use but I'm not sure it is very fitting.

Ravick

Post by Ravick »

You made the zombie sprites from zero??? :o

Very nice job, man! All of it! :D
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

excuse my english skills, and yes. i wished to see these sprites had a more high-quality also detailed. the lights on the weapon's barrels and enemies are quite bright also mild and blurry to see.

anyway, would you put all of idling weapon sprites and pickup ones on your thread please? still the video doesn't proves. also putting weapon's info will be very appreciated.
Arthropod supremacy

Post by Arthropod supremacy »

I like these. Obviously they clash with the Doom graphics, but if you make a fitting environment in the same style they will look even better. :)
protox

Re: [WIP] Unnamed Project, New Weapons & Enemy

Post by protox »

I currently don't have time to work on this but I will release everything I have for anyone would like to use this for any of their mods. Most of the files are under public domain license.

You can download the test wad and all the work files here: http://primoturbo.deviantart.com/art/Pr ... -442493365

I may or may not get back to this.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”