(WIP) Aliens Vs Terminator v1.1

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Endless123

Re: (WIP) Terminator Mod Beta3(just for fun)

Post by Endless123 »

It's been a long night but i made it :D

Beta 3 is out !!

Following Yholl suggestions and advises i successfully succeed (:P) at making a zoom and view mode change without the use of the altfire. The results is now all weapons can zoom and change view mode whenever the player wants without having to switch between weapons :D

See first post for more details and the download links :)
Doctrine Gamer

Post by Doctrine Gamer »

I liked these new changes :D I observed that in version "without any fire restriction" get an error called "jump target not found" and when I take the shot thermal vision mod it back to normal.
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

Doctrine Dark wrote:I liked these new changes :D I observed that in version "without any fire restriction" get an error called "jump target not found" and when I take the shot thermal vision mod it back to normal.
Thanks for notifying me, i'll check that right away.

EDIT : Fixed :D Turned out to be a small typo causing this bug on both version. Now it's fixed and the download links will lead to the fixed versions. So just download it again from the first post and you'll have the fixed version.
Doctrine Gamer

Post by Doctrine Gamer »

I'll check again, have you thought of joining the mods Predator and Terminator in one as if they were two different classes?
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

It could be a possibility after i finish the predator part first and mixing both mods could be a bit messy since both are using weapon replacements for the the same default doom weapons. However since others before me succeed to do multi-classes mods i guess i'll be able to do it as well if i decide to mix the 2 mods.

Once again thanks for the comments and for notifying me for the bug :)
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

New Beta 4 released

See first post for details and download links :mrgreen:
Hornetzero

Re: (WIP) Terminator Mod Beta4(just for fun)

Post by Hornetzero »

This is an awesome update. Although for some reason the weapon display box overlaps the time and difficulty box in the HUD I see, which isn't like how its shown in the screenshot. Though, I might be wrong about what your display settings are.

That, and I believe the sounds coming from him should be considered before the arsenal he uses. His walking sound, his damage taking sound, His death sound, etc. Also, I'm not sure if the intent behind this mod is to make a "Doomguy" Terminator or a Terminator skin depicting his common forms i.e Arnold or the Endoskeleton.
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

Hornetzero wrote:This is an awesome update. Although for some reason the weapon display box overlaps the time and difficulty box in the HUD I see, which isn't like how its shown in the screenshot. Though, I might be wrong about what your display settings are.

That, and I believe the sounds coming from him should be considered before the arsenal he uses. His walking sound, his damage taking sound, His death sound, etc. Also, I'm not sure if the intent behind this mod is to make a "Doomguy" Terminator or a Terminator skin depicting his common forms i.e Arnold or the Endoskeleton.
It's because the HUD is optimized for a resolution of 1024x768. That's why the display you get is a lot different than the screenshot. Sorry i should had mentioned it.

As for the terminator sounds, well the terminator isn't really talkative as you know and i don't want him to be annoying because of repetitive dialogues. The impact sounds however are in my plans. One of the sounds i'd like to find is the one of the bullets impacting with the metalic endoskeleton. I already have the famous terminator theme everyone can identify but i'm a bit worry if i put it into the mod maybe some players will find it annoying to play wads or megawads with the same music playing in each level. I know i don't have to use it on all levels but it's the only terminator music i have so ...

Anyway i decided to dev this one a bit more than i previously planned(i had no real plan when i first release this mod) but i feel like i left an incomplete product behind and i want to improve it even if it's just a bit.

Thanks for the comments :)
Hornetzero

Post by Hornetzero »

As for the terminator sounds, well the terminator isn't really talkative as you know and i don't want him to be annoying because of repetitive dialogues. The impact sounds however are in my plans. One of the sounds i'd like to find is the one of the bullets impacting with the metalic endoskeleton. I already have the famous terminator theme everyone can identify but i'm a bit worry if i put it into the mod maybe some players will find it annoying to play wads or megawads with the same music playing in each level. I know i don't have to use it on all levels but it's the only terminator music i have so ...
The Terminator isn't required to talk. Doomguy doesn't have any lines in the game either except the sound effects that come from reacting with the various entities in the game. Also, I don't think putting the Terminator theme is a good idea either.
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

Hornetzero wrote:
The Terminator isn't required to talk. Doomguy doesn't have any lines in the game either except the sound effects that come from reacting with the various entities in the game. Also, I don't think putting the Terminator theme is a good idea either.
A theme isn't needed except for when you load up to the main menu.

Also, can you please add a toggle for the infrared vision? Looking at the red screen hurts my eyes after a while...
Hornetzero

Post by Hornetzero »

You can turn it off by pressing "R" while having the fists out.
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

Hornetzero wrote:You can turn it off by pressing "R" while having the fists out.
Now it can be changed at any time with any weapons . Same for the zoom. Both are configurable in the customize controls menu. It's more practical this way. (That changed had been made in beta 3)
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

Little fix for the HUD, now can be displayed at all non-widescreen resolutions, even the 640x480 resolution.

Screenshots
Spoiler:
This little fix is now included in the first post links. Since there is no change except for this fix (made for those not having the luxury to play at full resolution) there is no reason to download the mod again if you are already playing at 1024x768

And for those not willing to see first post for the links here they are ;)

Normal : http://www.mediafire.com/download/hhue7 ... rBeta4.pk3

No-Lock-On-Restriction : http://www.mediafire.com/download/2n7al ... a4NLOR.pk3

All future HUD changes will be made to fit the 640x480 reolution so there should be no further display problems related a low resolution.
Doctrine Gamer

Post by Doctrine Gamer »

he is still alive, downloading right now. :)
Hornetzero

Post by Hornetzero »

Well, that fixed the HUD issue quite well. Aside from that, some attacks like the Imps fireball are still bouncing back at them when they hit the player. Is this some kind of shield feature that I'm not aware of?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”