(WIP) Aliens Vs Terminator v1.1

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Endless123

(WIP) Aliens Vs Terminator v1.1

Post by Endless123 »

WARNING, SOME FEATURES WILL WORK ONLY WITH THE DEVELOPMENT VERSION OF GZDOOM

Here where to get it : http://devbuilds.drdteam.org/gzdoom/

Download the on at the top of the list (the one i'm using)

After messing a lot with my predator mod i had an idea, why not creating a Terminator mod theme.

UPDATE

Changes

1 - I removed the custom musics because all i wanted was the weapons sounds and not all the musics and stuff from K.K. mod(that's what happens when copy/pasting an entire folder without checking the content :P) That change shrink the file size from 40mo to 20mo

2 - I also removed the custom ambient sounds for the same reason as above

3 - I accelerate the reload speed of most weapons - it's a Terminator right? so it has superior weapon handling and can reload faster than a normal human

4 - I added the Grenade Launcher to the arsenal - it only drops from synthetics with a really low drop rate making it a really rare weapon

5 - I modified the fullscreen HUD - now it looks like this
Spoiler:
6 - I fixed the scope view for the tactical pulse rifle

7 - I changed the location of the enemy info and health bar

8 - About the HUD, i removed the level ID, difficulty setting and time display to keep minimum info displayed on the HUD

While testing i noticed a "runaway script" error for script 102 but it seems to only happen on maps with many monsters spawning close to the player's location and showing up on the radar forcing this one to get nuts.

Unfortunately i haven't been able to solve this error yet but since it's happening extremely rarely and while playing a map with lots of monsters it shouldn't be a problem with all Doom IWADs. So just avoid joke wads and you'll be fine :P

if there is any bug you noticed while playing please tell me and i'll fix it as soon as i can

AvT1.pk3

Same as above but without Aliens : HvT1.pk3

Have Fun :D

NOTE : This is the final update, i do not intent to develop this project any further because I'm satisfied with the final product
and thanks to cybermind, Kontra Kommando and jdredalert's help i've been able to finalize it the way i wanted.

Also thanks for your support on this project and don't forget to check out xenoxols's version of this mod, i think it's really good :)

You can find his thread HERE

Old Beta 5
Spoiler:
________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-=CREDITS=-

Yholl For giving me suggestions and tips about how to make a zoom and view mode changes without the need of the altfire of any weapons :D

Blue Shadow : For helping me solve some technical issues with the HUD :D

jpalomo : For his monster's health bar from which i based the Terminator monster's info display on :D
________________________________________________________________________________________________________

EDIT : I forgot to say i haven't test it in Co-Op so i don't know if it works but there is no major modifications so it might works. Try it at your own risks and if it works let me know.
Last edited by Endless123 on Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:53 pm, edited 21 times in total.
Deimos Anomaly

Re: (WIP) Terminator Mod Beta1(just for fun)

Post by Deimos Anomaly »

Looks awesome but don't work with GZDoom!! :o
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

Deimos Anomaly wrote:Looks awesome but don't work with GZDoom!! :o
may i ask why?
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

Hot fix available !

See first post to learn more and the new link.
Kontra Kommando

Post by Kontra Kommando »

Can't wait to try this out! :D
Hornetzero

Post by Hornetzero »

I tried making this myself, and I couldn't get past getting the red screen (You have done well Endless 123. I tried coding a lot of things you have done right now, but its really hard). I'll let you know that there are a lot of resources for a Terminator game around here by Marlboro mike and I. Feel free to take them for this project. I'm really hoping you get far with this.

Possible suggestions that I have are that you may want to arrange the text data for the Terminator a bit more neatly around the screen. Right now, the text doesn't look organized and some of it is overlapping other text displays (The weapon name is directly overlapping the numbers for "secrets").

Lastly, If you can get the Terminator crosshair to home-in on the target rather than on the top of the screen, that would be swell.
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

Hornetzero wrote:I tried making this myself, and I couldn't get past getting the red screen (You have done well Endless 123. I tried coding a lot of things you have done right now, but its really hard). I'll let you know that there are a lot of resources for a Terminator game around here by Marlboro mike and I. Feel free to take them for this project. I'm really hoping you get far with this.

Possible suggestions that I have are that you may want to arrange the text data for the Terminator a bit more neatly around the screen. Right now, the text doesn't look organized and some of it is overlapping other text displays (The weapon name is directly overlapping the numbers for "secrets").

Lastly, If you can get the Terminator crosshair to home-in on the target rather than on the top of the screen, that would be swell.
Thanks for the comments :)

The view modes wasn't that hard really. The terminator view and thermal view are just custom powerlightamp with infinite duration.
Spoiler:
As for the text overlapping ... if you play at a resolution lower then 1024x768 it will happen but played at 1024x768 the display is ok. I'm thinking about shrinking the health bar or just remove it so it won't mess with the rest of the display. I'll probably remove the weapontag at the center bottom since the selected weapon is already highlighted to the right.

I agree with you for the targeting system but i'm afraid it could causes too much lags in crowded maps. It doesn't mean i won't try it though :lol:

Feel free to check the codes and customize it as you see fit. You can also use it for your own mods if you want. For now my priority is my Predator mod and this mod was just for fun. It's doesn't mean i won't improve it, it's just it could take a bit more time because i'm concentrating on my other mod at the moment.
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

I wasn't planning to do that so soon but i hate leaving things undone so here it is

Beta 2 adaptable display at any resolution.

See first post for details and download link :)
Deimos Anomaly

Post by Deimos Anomaly »

"Script error, "TerminatorBeta2.pk3:t-900.txt" line 22:
"player.aircapacity" is an unknown actor property"

:(
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

Deimos Anomaly wrote:"Script error, "TerminatorBeta2.pk3:t-900.txt" line 22:
"player.aircapacity" is an unknown actor property"

:(
You don't have the latest gzdoom dev version.

This actor property has been added in the latest versions so i suggest you download the .406 here

http://devbuilds.drdteam.org/gzdoom/

406(the second one at the top of the list) is the version i'm using so you shouldn't have any problem if you play with this version instead of the one you are using now.
Hornetzero

Post by Hornetzero »

Good job fixing the resolution issue. However, there are some additional bugs that happen on this:

1, The screen tears from the sides:

2, Most projectiles that touch us, tends to go back to its owner like a reflection. I noticed this particularly with the Cyber demon. I don't think there is any reason for the Terminator to be having a force shield around him that returns rockets and other projectiles.
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

Odd that doesn't happen to me ... is it just doing this while zooming or it's all the time?

In the meantime i will investigate this to see if i can 1- reproduce the bug and 2- fix it

Thanks for bringing this to my attention
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

Bug fixed and new link added

The problem was the sprite i'm using to replace the weapon's sprites while zooming. I though i had cleared everything that was on it but turned out i was wrong. Now it's fixed :)
Doctrine Gamer

Post by Doctrine Gamer »

cool mod but I can not pass the level 2 in Plutonia because he only shoots if you have fixed enemy.
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

Doctrine Dark wrote:cool mod but I can not pass the level 2 in Plutonia because he only shoots if you have fixed enemy.
In doubt use the fist. The Terminator's fist is the strongest weapon of the game and you'll get rid of many monsters quickly. Chainsaw is also your best friend(when there is one on the map), it's the only weapon not affected by the lockon system.

One little trick though, hold the primary fire button and as soon as target gets in range the weapon will auto-fire. I think i'll remove the lockon system of the fist. Or at least remove the no-shot restriction on the fist and one of the long range weapons.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”