ModOhFun! 4.0 - SUPER MEGA SUPREME ULTIMATE VERSION

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Unholypimpin

Re: ModOhFun! - Alpha 1 released

Post by Unholypimpin »

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ps622raazltmz ... N%20v2.pk3 new version is here!

Fixed and added alot of new monsters and bosses.
-Cyberdemons now have random spawns
-Supertree has been greatly nerfed and now spawns where demons spawn. The Supertree no longer spawns babies.

ENJOY AND HAVE A HAPPY APRIL FOOLS!!
Darsycho
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11

Re: ModOhFun! - Alpha 1 released

Post by Darsycho »

HI ASSHOLES, I'M BACK

UPDATING FIRST POST

EDIT:

Darsycho

Re: ModOhFun! - Version 2 Electric Boogaloo

Post by Darsycho »

Boop! I'm back on this, and now I'm planning on adding game modes.

Here is the first game mode, dunno what to call it but here's how it goes:
  • On the start of every map, your inventory is cleared.
  • When the map starts, the game replaces all of a monster type with a custom monster, rather than using randomspawner to change one monster into a random monster. So instead of having many different zombiemen types in one map, it replaces all zombiemen with one monster type.
  • The same will apply to items, powerups, and weapon pickups.
Darsycho

Re: ModOhFun! - Back in business

Post by Darsycho »

Whoops, completely forgot about bumping this.

Well here ya go, the new gameplay mode is still WIP but eh, enjoy anyways.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/t08dt ... hFunV3.pk3

Stay tuned for V4, with new things such as:
Spoiler:
Unholypimpin

Re: ModOhFun! - V3 omg

Post by Unholypimpin »

Yay new version! Too bad it wasnt released on april fools day =[
Darsycho

Post by Darsycho »

Unholypimpin wrote:Yay new version! Too bad it wasnt released on april fools day =[
Actually it was, on tumblr and my site, I just had to work on that day and forgot about bumping this thread.
Randumb
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Randumb »

I have a list of bugs that I found with the help of SLADE3. Can I post it here since I can't post it on Logic Obscure?
Randumb
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

ModOhFun! - V3 (Bug report)

Post by Randumb »

Alright, here's my list of possible bugs I found, along with three suggestions. Text file can be downloaded below.

Confirmed bugs (Things that were not likely intentional)
-The game is not compatible with Doom 1, due to missing actors and scripting issues.
-The actor "PinkyGoth" is unable to attack the player with it's "flamingButtsavage" projectiles due to a glitch involving the projectiles falling to the ground as soon as they launch. The other attack where it bites at the player from a distance still works.
-There's a typo in the obituary message when the player is killed by the actor "ElementImp".
-The actor "GhostShotgun" suddenedly disappears from the map forever shortly after being alerted by the player. Monster count does not go down. The "Kill monsters" cheat code doesn't even work.
-The actor "Cybermage" is either unfinished, or scrapped.
-There's a tiny little typo in the obituary message when the played is killed by the actor "Hellsworn". The obituary is "%o soul was ruined by a Hellsworn-Marine", and appears as "Player soul was ruined by a Hellsworn-Marine", rather than "Player's soul was...". Same thing goes for the actor "SMMDestroyer".
-The actor "BeachedWhale" is called "Fatty Lumpkin" in its obituary message.
-The actor "NovaKnight" always shoots to the target's right, barely damaging the player with its mini-projectiles when the player is standing still.
-The actor "Spiderbot"'s attacking & moving animations are swapped.
-The actor "GayImp" walks in place when unalerted.
-The actor "UberCube" never moves or attacks the player.

Possible bugs (Things that might of been intentional)
-The actor "ImpChaingunner" sometimes doesn't drop the "Rampaging Imp Summoner Gun", and may end up dropping a regular (fast) chaingun.
-The actors "ElementImp", "BaronOFat", "GayImp", and "YouKilledKeeny" groan in pain (Without taking damage) before launching an attack. (You probably did this just to have them warn players that they're gonna throw shtuff)
-The actor "RevenantHorror sometimes jumps *OVER* the player, even when the player is not really trying run under it.
-The actor "SuperTree" suddenly appears larger for a split-second after it lands a jump.
-The actor "BaronOFat" sometimes swipes at the air while moving.
-The actor "SMMDestroyer" can't take damage while it's invisible.
-The "Revenant Cannon" is OP; it can kill pretty much anything with one shot.
-The "CacoLauncher" 's alt-fire can hurt the player even when they're standing still; they have to move back every time they use the alt-fire.

Suggestions
-Have the actor "LivingBFGBall" damage the player upon being walked into.
-Have the actor "GassyMcgee" use farting sound effects when it attacks & dies, and use poison gas from Hexen when it dies.
-Have the actor "Faker" do nothing and make no noise for a moment once alerted by the player.
Attachments
Bugs.txt
Download this text file so that you don't have to come back here and look every time you check for the bugs I found.
(2.69 KiB) Downloaded 72 times
Silentdarkness12

Post by Silentdarkness12 »

Here's a bug. The Bossbrain's cubes spawn nothing.

Or at least, I think it's a bug.
Unholypimpin

Post by Unholypimpin »

I forget most of the monsters, however I do know that
"-The actor "Spiderbot"'s attacking & moving animations are swapped." Is totally intentional and not a glitch.
"-The actor "RevenantHorror sometimes jumps *OVER* the player, even when the player is not really trying run under it." There is a chance the RevenantHorror will double rocket punch instead of doing just 1 rocket punch.
Darsycho

Re: ModOhFun! - V3 (Bug report)

Post by Darsycho »

Randumb wrote:-The game is not compatible with Doom 1, due to missing actors and scripting issues.
Don't know if I can do anything about this, Doom 2 provides more sprites and sounds for me to work with.
Randumb wrote:-The actor "PinkyGoth" is unable to attack the player with it's "flamingButtsavage" projectiles due to a glitch involving the projectiles falling to the ground as soon as they launch. The other attack where it bites at the player from a distance still works.
I'm pretty sure that was just some silly special effects that unholypimpin added, rather than intending to be a projectile.
Randumb wrote: a typo in the obituary message when the player is killed by the actor "ElementImp".
You mean "%o couldnt handle the ele-Mental Imp" ? Judging by the capitalized "M", it was intentional. (even though theres no uppercase in doom's text =P)
Randumb wrote:-The actor "GhostShotgun" suddenedly disappears from the map forever shortly after being alerted by the player. Monster count does not go down. The "Kill monsters" cheat code doesn't even work.
Oh ffs, I thought I fixed that. Basically it's A_Fadeout's fault.
Randumb wrote:-The actor "Cybermage" is either unfinished, or scrapped.
Not finished.
Randumb wrote:-There's a tiny little typo in the obituary message when the played is killed by the actor "Hellsworn". The obituary is "%o soul was ruined by a Hellsworn-Marine", and appears as "Player soul was ruined by a Hellsworn-Marine", rather than "Player's soul was...". Same thing goes for the actor "SMMDestroyer".
Fixed.
Randumb wrote:-The actor "BeachedWhale" is called "Fatty Lumpkin" in its obituary message.
Not exactly a bug, it's sorta like how the actor name of the mancubus is "Fatso".
Randumb wrote:-The actor "NovaKnight" always shoots to the target's right, barely damaging the player with its mini-projectiles when the player is standing still.
Huh, I never noticed that. Fixed.
Randumb wrote:-The actor "Spiderbot"'s attacking & moving animations are swapped.
Randumb wrote:-The actor "GayImp" walks in place when unalerted.
Randumb wrote:-The actor "BaronOFat" sometimes swipes at the air while moving.
Intentional.
Randumb wrote:-The actor "UberCube" never moves or attacks the player.
Not supposed to, it's more of an item really. It's an unfinished actor. The concept was that it rarely spawns, and destroying the cube will spawn an uber boss, which will drop powerful items when defeated.
Randumb wrote:-The actor "ImpChaingunner" sometimes doesn't drop the "Rampaging Imp Summoner Gun", and may end up dropping a regular (fast) chaingun.
Hm, I never thought about that until now, I'll fix that.
Randumb wrote:-The actors "ElementImp", "BaronOFat", "GayImp", and "YouKilledKeeny" groan in pain (Without taking damage) before launching an attack. (You probably did this just to have them warn players that they're gonna throw shtuff)
Possible bugs (Things that might of been intentional)
It is intentional.
Randumb wrote:-The actor "RevenantHorror sometimes jumps *OVER* the player, even when the player is not really trying run under it.
What unholypimpin said. " There is a chance the RevenantHorror will double rocket punch instead of doing just 1 rocket punch."
Randumb wrote:-The actor "SuperTree" suddenly appears larger for a split-second after it lands a jump.
It's just some silly special effects, it's intentional.
Randumb wrote:-The actor "SMMDestroyer" can't take damage while it's invisible.
Exactly, it sorta phases in and out of existence.
Randumb wrote:-The "Revenant Cannon" is OP; it can kill pretty much anything with one shot.
Will fix.
Randumb wrote:-The "CacoLauncher" 's alt-fire can hurt the player even when they're standing still; they have to move back every time they use the alt-fire.
Intentional, note how the player is designed to only take half the damage of it. I will probably change it though.
Randumb wrote:-Have the actor "LivingBFGBall" damage the player upon being walked into.
Well, since it's a lost soul replacement, I could make it do a suicide lost soul attack, exploding on whatever it hits.
Randumb wrote:-Have the actor "GassyMcgee" use farting sound effects when it attacks & dies, and use poison gas from Hexen when it dies.
Can't. Because:
First post wrote:- Using absolutely nothing but code. basically this idea: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=25616
Randumb wrote:-Have the actor "Faker" do nothing and make no noise for a moment once alerted by the player.
Ehhhhhhhh, maybe I could, maybe I won't. I dunno.

Silentdarkness12 wrote:Here's a bug. The Bossbrain's cubes spawn nothing.

Or at least, I think it's a bug.
It is a bug, I'm a shit coder. The replacements only affect starting monsters and weapons. The code will need rewritten.
Darsycho

Re: ModOhFun!

Post by Darsycho »

I've been updating this recently, starting a video series on youtube where I play through a mapset and each level the mod is updated and released.
So I suppose I should update this thread as well. Here's the changes I've done since the last post!
Spoiler:
To do:
- Still need to redo the randomization scripts, so that it works on icon of sin spawns.
- I need to fix a bug that renders map07 impossible, replacements of mancubi and arachnotrons do not trigger platforms to move. Suggestions on how to fix it are very welcome.

Download of v8 on first post.
ImpieTwo

Re: ModOhFun! (v8)

Post by ImpieTwo »

I'd have called this Doomlerium. It feels like a Doom fever dream.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: ModOhFun!

Post by Captain J »

Darsycho wrote:- ADDED: New enemies, such as a BFG spouting cyberdemon
Aww man, no BFG explosion sound effect when explodes!

Anyway might give it a try!

EDIT: Me while playing this mod
Silentdarkness12

Re: ModOhFun! (v9)

Post by Silentdarkness12 »

I appear to spawn with no weapon. What's going on?...

Return to “Gameplay Mods”