[Done] shotguns 2.1

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: shotguns + chainguns

Postby Untitled » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:10 pm

Nash wrote:I was a huge fan of the original version of this mod. Back then when it was only about shotguns and not giving in to the demands of popularity. As a fan, I am truly disappointed when this mod started introducing chainguns. For me, the soul and the art from the original is pretty much gone when this mod changed directions. Say whatever you want, but one thing will always be true: sellouts rarely last long in the industry. They're always trying too hard to appeal to a newer market who don't really understand the original spirit of the shotguns. I refuse to support chainguns because I grew up with shotguns, and the old stuff will forever remain in my heart. It's a sad day indeed because to be honest, I was looking forward to seeing the mod introduce something that would possibly blow shotguns out of the water while still remaining shotguns, but no; obviously selling out is more important to them. I'm sorry if I offend any chainguns fans but I'm just speaking my mind. It just irks me everytime this happens and this happens a LOT with the things that I am interested in. The outcome is always the same - I discover something early in its creation, I get genuinely attracted to it, then that thing becomes popular, and that thing gives in to popularity and then its soul is gone. Some people might call me a hipster but that's okay. It's hard not to be judged when I'm constantly looking for original things to appreciate. That said, I mean no disrespect to this mod because a deep part inside of me just knows that perhaps one day shotguns will come out with something genuinely fresh and if that happens, I'd be more than welcome to admit that I'm a shotguns fan again. But until then, I'm staying away from this chainguns rubbish.

- A disappointed shotguns fan

Marrub still included the older versions for historical sake. I still play the older versions (though I can't play version 1; I lag out every time).

So you can download those and keep playin'

I mean, SHOTGUNS MASTER RACE

EDIT: Can we get SuperShotguns.pk7 yet? pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease? preeeeeeeeeeeeeetty pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease? pretty pretty pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease??
Last edited by Untitled on Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Untitled

Discord: wrsw#0132
Twitch ID: UntitledsTakenNOOOO

Postby Captain J » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:13 pm

write a book nor novel, nash. WITH NOR ABOUT SHOTGUN
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby Untitled » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:17 pm

Now I issue the ultimate challenge: write a post about this mod without using the words "Shotgun" or "Boomstick", except when referring to the name of the mod, "Shotguns.pk7"
Untitled

Postby Gez » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:22 pm

It's a funny mod with firearms everywhere.
Gez

Postby Marrub » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:27 pm

Nash wrote:I was a huge fan of the original version of this mod. Back then when it was only about shotguns and not giving in to the demands of popularity. As a fan, I am truly disappointed when this mod started introducing chainguns. For me, the soul and the art from the original is pretty much gone when this mod changed directions. Say whatever you want, but one thing will always be true: sellouts rarely last long in the industry. They're always trying too hard to appeal to a newer market who don't really understand the original spirit of the shotguns. I refuse to support chainguns because I grew up with shotguns, and the old stuff will forever remain in my heart. It's a sad day indeed because to be honest, I was looking forward to seeing the mod introduce something that would possibly blow shotguns out of the water while still remaining shotguns, but no; obviously selling out is more important to them. I'm sorry if I offend any chainguns fans but I'm just speaking my mind. It just irks me everytime this happens and this happens a LOT with the things that I am interested in. The outcome is always the same - I discover something early in its creation, I get genuinely attracted to it, then that thing becomes popular, and that thing gives in to popularity and then its soul is gone. Some people might call me a hipster but that's okay. It's hard not to be judged when I'm constantly looking for original things to appreciate. That said, I mean no disrespect to this mod because a deep part inside of me just knows that perhaps one day shotguns will come out with something genuinely fresh and if that happens, I'd be more than welcome to admit that I'm a shotguns fan again. But until then, I'm staying away from this chainguns rubbish.

- A disappointed shotguns fan

don't worry chainguns is just a [half-assed] spinoff
Marrub
Xevv Va Rkvyr

Discord: Marrub#5455
Twitch ID: marrubdaskuleion
Github ID: marrub--
Operating System: Other Linux 64-bit
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan Support

Postby Untitled » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:52 pm

Still waiting for SuperShotguns.pk7

EDIT: can you remove the kamikazes? They take away from the SHOTGUNS, which should be the main focus of the mod.
Untitled

Postby Ikazu-san » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:22 pm

Untitled wrote:EDIT: can you remove the kamikazes? They take away from the SHOTGUNS, which should be the main focus of the mod.

These are SHOTGUN kamikazes. They rush to you, pump you full of lead and die from recoil (At least that's how I imagine it).
Ikazu-san
Triple+Homing+Finale

Postby Princess Viscra Maelstrom » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:39 pm

the shotgun kamikazes are hilarious and should remain. :p
Princess Viscra Maelstrom

Re: shotguns

Postby Arch » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:18 pm

Marrub wrote:
0bsidian wrote:Obsidian's Idea

will do

100000 malfunctioned shotguns! What else can you ask for?
Arch
Arrr!

Postby 0bsidian » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:57 pm

Malfunctioned Chainguns? :P
0bsidian
*Shrugs*

Postby Marrub » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:03 pm

Untitled wrote:

Still waiting for SuperShotguns.pk7

EDIT: can you remove the kamikazes? They take away from the SHOTGUNS, which should be the main focus of the mod.

there are various balance reasons for both of those, the nonexistance of supershotguns.pk7 and the existence of the kamikazes
the super shotgun is a very direct upgrade to the shotgun, even if it takes a bit longer to reload it, and I personally dislike it for that
the kamikazes are there to reward you with extra ammunition should you or something else kill it, and harm you slightly more than a normal shotgun if you're not able to avoid it
I had a lot of problems with balancing damage taken due to, well, SHOTGUNS and all so I added a random factor to it to make it more playable
deep thoughts about shotgun balance
Marrub
Xevv Va Rkvyr

Discord: Marrub#5455
Twitch ID: marrubdaskuleion
Github ID: marrub--
Operating System: Other Linux 64-bit
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan Support

Postby TerminusEst13 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:04 pm

Marrub wrote:don't worry chainguns is just a [half-assed] spinoff

A SPIN-OFF, YOU SAY
TerminusEst13
I'm just a guy.

Twitch ID: TerminusEst13

Postby LostSkull » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:57 pm

I still don't get the purpose of this.
LostSkull
Banned User

Postby Princess Viscra Maelstrom » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:58 pm

the purpose is shotguns.
Princess Viscra Maelstrom

Postby Nash » Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:17 am

I... hope my wall of text is clearly acknowledged as just me trying to be funny (and most probably failing).

shotguns
Nash
AKA Nash Muhandes! Twitter/Facebook/Youtube: nashmuhandes

Twitch ID: nashmuhandes
Github ID: nashmuhandes

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods