AvP 2.0 - JDREDALERT's Edition WIP Is Out For Testing !!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Endless123

AvP 2.0 - JDREDALERT's Edition WIP Is Out For Testing !!

Post by Endless123 »

WARNING, SOME FEATURES WILL WORK ONLY WITH THE DEVELOPMENT VERSION OF GZDOOM

Here where to get it : http://devbuilds.drdteam.org/gzdoom/

Download the one at the top of the list[/color]

Hello guys and girls,

I wanted to play Doom as a Predator for awhile and there is no mod around where i could play as the Predator instead of the usual doomguy marine. Of course there is some good AvP mods like AvPvT (which is really fun to play) but none of them is offering to play as the Predator.

Due to my limited artistic skills there is some oddities in this mod and i apologize in advance in case it could irritate someone.

Note that the HUD is set to be displayed at a resolution of 1024x768 and lower resolution might result in the HUD not being displayed correctly.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////
/// AvP 2.0 JDREDALERT EDITION IS OUT FOR TESTING !!! ///
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Video Presentation :

Link for the mod for testing :
AvP 2.0 Final WIP

Balance Patch 1 : Balance Patch 1 (October 9th 2017)

Changes log with the patch :
Spoiler:
Weapons Explained
Spoiler:
==============================
== NEW UPDATE (Oct 4, 2017) ==
==============================

Download link : AVP20_Final_WIP

Balance Patch 1 : Balance Patch 1 (October 9th 2017)

Changes log with the patch :
Spoiler:
Old Stuff
AvP 1.3r1 : AvP 1.3 Revision 1
1.3 uptimized for ZDoom : AvP 1.3 Rev 1 uptimized for ZDoom

Google Drive Link for AvP 1.3Rev 1 Uptimized for ZDoom : AvP 1.3 Rev1 uptimized for ZDoom

Classic Version (no reload) : AvP 1.3 Rev1 Classic(No Reload)

Add-On for AvP 1.3 ONLY : 2-Modes Plasma Caster Add-On

Demo Video of all 3 classes gameplay

NEW VIDEO COMING SOON !!!

Outdated video ...

If the video don't show up it's probably because it haven't finished uploading to youtube :P

Changes :
Spoiler:
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Great thanks again to Fenderc01 for giving me the opportunity to share this with you :D

NOTE : All i did is merged the 2 mods and solved some bugs i came across along the way, all the hard work was done by fenderc01.

////////////////////
// PSX AvP 1.3 Rev2 //
////////////////////

NEW - PSX AvP Doom 1.3 Rev.2

Many small improvements and i got rid of all unused sounds.

A video
NEW VIDEO COMING SOON !!!

THIS IS THE LAST VERSION, i have no intention to continue improving it from now on. I will concentrate my efforts on the original AvP mod.

Old PSX AvP Doom 1.3r1 (New version with some bugs fix) : PSX AvP Doom 1.3r1

Old version:
PSX AvP Doom 1.3 : PSX AvP Doom 1.3

No Alien Patch for PSX AvP Doom 1.3 : No Alien Patch For AvP Revised 1.2 and 1.3

Changelog :
Spoiler:

NOTE : Please report any bug you come across, it will help me to improve this mod and its variants to offer a better and more enjoyable mod.

Note that even if the video is recorded at low resolution the mod support widescreen resolutions. Why i recorded it that way? Because Youtube is taking A LOT of time uploading widescreen recording :P

Great thanks to Kontra Kommando and jdredalert for their great help :D

Lottery explained ...

What it does?

it gives a weapon at random from the class's arsenal. All weapons of the class are part of the lottery. Meaning if the player starts a new game with the Marine he could have the Minigun as starting weapon instead of the Pulse Rifle. Same for the Predator. Each new games start with a random weapon.

Some tips :

While playing the Predator

Stealth is your best ally so be sure to manage your energy wisely. However sometimes it's better to make your way with the good old plasma blaster. Use the Plasma Caster on bosses since it's the most powerful weapon in the Predator's arsenal and the damage and damage radius increase with the # of boosters you collect. Also the use your arsenal wisely too. Sometimes it's better to use the speargun with the rapid fire mode than using the raw power of the smartdisk. Use your thermal visions to spot enemies and reduce the risk of being caught off guard.

Specials :

Speargun has 2 modes, single shot and rapid fire mode. Single shot is more effective after collecting a few boosters but rapid fire mode is more useful most of the time because it's like a machine gun and it stags the enemy

Smart Discs has 3 modes : Normal shot(i think i could call it the random trajectory shot), the low profile shot - which hugs the floors at any height making it really effective in close area, cost 20 energy points per use and finally the high profile shot which is basically a ceiling shot - really effective against the flying aliens when they fly high and are out of reach of other weapons - also cost 20 energy points per use.

The Combi-stick can be use in 2 ways : normal attack and throw attack. The throw attack is extremely effective against droids and strong monsters like the Praetorian and the Super-Runner - it can also freeze enemies nearby with its iceblast radius. Newly added for version 1.2 - each throw uses 150 energy points and can't be used if the remaining energy is bellow 150.

The Plasma Caster is a beast against bosses but can be your doom against enemies if they are too close. It also has 2 modes. The normal shot and the charged shot. Just remember once you shoot with that weapon you'll alert all the surrounding enemies standing near the impact spot of the plasma ball and could lead to some problematic situations so use it wisely

The Marine

Tips :

Use the the Auto-Turrets wisely because they are really rare. You shouldn't run out of ammo but keep an eye on your reserve just in case because some maps are extremely greedy on ammo and have an insane amount of enemies.

Once you picked up a berserk pack your health and armor are both partly filled (200 hp and 500 armor) allowing you to continue the fight with an extra protection.(added in v1.2 - this feature isn't present in previous versions)

Also be really careful where and when you use the claymore mines, they tend to explode in your face if an enemy is too close when you placed one.(claymore mines added in v1.2 and aren't available in previous version)

Specials :

Flares now have 2 roles : Light up the way and a small explosion when they reach their time limit. Use them to get rid of monsters hidden behind a box. It won't always kills the monster but you'll be sure to hurt it enough to take it out without using too much ammo.

The Alien :

Tips :

Use the pounce attack to get out of range of the flamethrower droids. Use your bit attack to heal yourself. Use the acid spitting attack wisely because it causing HP loss each time and can eventually kills you. The Alien can climb really high and go where no other class can so use that ability to hide yourself if you are low on HP and take the time to regenerate. Find a berserk pack as soon as you can the have your speed and regeneration increased along with bite damage. If you have difficulty walking around and navigating due the the boosted speed you can nullify the speed effect by using the "sneak" mode once. This will return the xeno to its default speed while retaining the increased regeneration and bite damage.

Like the Predator class, use your special vision to spot enemies easily and avoid being caught off guard.

For all classes :

Use the Sneak mode to approach an enemy from behind. It will raise your chance of a 1-hit kill[/spoiler]

Note :Older versions of this mod can be played with a widescreen monitor as long as in zdoom the video resolution is set to 1024x768 and the "Force Ratio" option is disabled. That way it will show properly on widescreen monitors.

Have fun :D

All feedbacks welcome :)

Big thanks to Kontra Kommando for letting me use his custom enemies, I really appreciate it :D

Check his Aliens : The Ultimate Doom mod (this one will be awesome :D)

http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=45213

And speaking of great mods, check his Terminator mod, it's a mod with A LOT of potential :D

http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=46128

And his Xenomorphs Custom Monsters mod

http://www.moddb.com/games/doom/addons/ ... orphs-v-11

All quality stuff so don't miss them :D

Enjoy !!

As always if there is any bugs you noticed just tell me and i'll do my best to fix it :)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Suggested maps to play with my mod :

Sergeant_Mark_IV Jungle map
http://www.mediafire.com/download/d4f78 ... z/kdij.zip

Video of this map

This map from Kontra Kommando he just released
http://www.mediafire.com/download/5b3ur ... _v_1.0.wad

Kontra Kommando Xenomorph Tread
http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=45213

Have fun :)

Previous version :
Spoiler:
Not Co-Op friendly !!!

Reason : Well it's a predator and predators are jumping fairly high and it could brake map gameplay
_________________________________________________________________________________

Credits :

jdredalert : For his technical help, his SmartGunner, his laser sight(modified Zero Tolerance single dot version)
Great thanks to jpalomo for letting me use his coding for the monster's health bar of the Predator HUD
Lukas2288 for the claws <-- no longer in use but i think it's fair to keep him on the credits anyway
Tomicapo for telling me about the claw's creator
Jekyll Grim Payne for helping me solving the seeker projectile weird behavior
SigFloyd for his minigun sprite and sounds - no longer in use but i'm keeping him on the credits anyway
Blue Shadow for his help with my HUD once again :D
Kontra Kommando for his awesome Xenomorphs and Custom Enemies :D
Mike12 for the original Revenant Missile Launcher from which i customized some details for the PlasmaCaster
Sergeant_Mark_IV for his Plasmagun that served as base for the SpearGun <--no longer in use but i keep him anyway
amv2k9 for pointing me a way to make my Predator laugh at enemies when they gibed :D

If you see anything that belongs to you or to someone you know and you don't see the name in the credits list please notify me and i will add him/her to the list. I try to keep tracks of all the credits and make an accurate list but i don't know all the stuff everyone made so help me keep the credits list as updated as possible by notifying me so to list would be as accurate as possible. Thanks for your contribution :)
Last edited by Endless123 on Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:32 pm, edited 205 times in total.
Endless123

Re: (WIP) Predator Beta 1(Poll Added)

Post by Endless123 »

Poll Added
Tomicapo

Post by Tomicapo »

CHUPAME LA PIJA
Last edited by Tomicapo on Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

Tomicapo wrote:I need to say this mod is very promising so far i like your job!! Its awesome!! :)
Thanks but to be honest there is still A LOT of work to do to make it a good Predator mod.
Endless123

Re: (WIP) Predator Beta 2(Poll Added)

Post by Endless123 »

Beta 2 is out :D

See first post for more infos
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

Just to keep you updated about the progress

I added a zoom to the PlasmaCaster and reworked the HUD once again.

screenshots :
Spoiler:
Those changes will be added in Beta 3
Kontra Kommando

Post by Kontra Kommando »

Wow, this look excellent!

What better way to kill my Xeno drones :wink:
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

Kontra Kommando wrote:Wow, this look excellent!

Yeah i agree :lol:

Speaking of aliens, i'm planning to add some in my mod so do you mind if i use yours? Of course i'll add your name in the credits if you are agree.

BTW I'm also looking for more versatile claws(good predator's claws with a good animation seem to be rare - Lukas2288's claws are cool but the animation set is limited. I'm trying to rip the forearms of the predator of my AvP2 but i'm far from being successful to be honest.
Kontra Kommando

Endless123 wrote:
Kontra Kommando wrote:Wow, this look excellent!

Yeah i agree :lol:

Speaking of aliens, i'm planning to add some in my mod so do you mind if i use yours? Of course i'll add your name in the credits if you are agree.

BTW I'm also looking for more versatile claws(good predator's claws with a good animation seem to be rare - Lukas2288's claws are cool but the animation set is limited. I'm trying to rip the forearms of the predator of my AvP2 but i'm far from being successful to be honest.

Yes, I would be honored to have my xenomorphs included into your WAD! I'm also making the warrior and the queen. The dog-xeno is going to be tough, but I'm going to give it my best. Once I've completed them, you can use them too, if you like.
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

EDIT : It's done :D Your Xenomorph Drone now replaces all Imps :) Your name is now added on the credits :D
Kontra Kommando

That is awesome! I can't wait to play!
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

A little gameplay update of my mod

screenshots
Spoiler:
This will be part of the beta 3 when i'll release it.
Deimos Anomaly

Post by Deimos Anomaly »

Damn nice!! Wanna try it now, looks so cool!
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

I just reached the first turning point in my mod and honestly i need your opinion guys. I'm testing new stuff with the Accumulator(which in beta 2 fires bullets as primary attack and refill the energy cell using shield energy as secondary)

I replaced the primary attack with a healing function using energy to refill health and armor. So what i'd like to have your opinion about is shall i keep the regeneration on the Hunter's Claws or shall i remove it completely. I'm testing both and i have to say the gameplay is really different because without a regeneration the player has to be more careful and take the time to heal himself before moving to the next area as opposed to the regeneration where the player's health and armor regenerate as soon as the player select the Hunter's Claws. To compensate the max energy is set at 9999 after the player picked up a backpack(of course i readjusted the energy used by the PlasmaCaster and PlasmaBlaster to balance things a bit but it can become difficult to play some maps because it requires the use of the claws more often and you can't just rely on those 2 weapons to get out of the jam)

So what do you think, shall i keep the regeneration or just remove it?
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

New sprites for the PlasmaCaster

screenshots
Spoiler:
I also rewored the Plasma Blaster animation
Spoiler:
That's all for now

Return to “Gameplay Mods”