AvP 2.0 - JDREDALERT's Edition WIP Is Out For Testing !!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Clay

Re: AvP 2.0 - JDREDALERT's Edition WIP Is Out For Testing !!

Post by Clay »

I AM SO PLAYING THIS WHEN YOU FINISH!
jdredalert

Post by jdredalert »

Glad you liked it! We're in slow development rate now; We've been working so hard on this mod for the last years and i'm taking my time to do other things now, including in real life. Endless and i are still in contact, but at least for a little longer, i'm still on vacation. This is the project we dedicated most and the only thing i worked for a long while, and now i want to do some fresh new things to cool my mind before finishing it.
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

BTW have you test the Predator class with the patch? i'd like to have your impressions about the changes i made.
Oh whoops, I forgot about this post... I'll get back to you on that around next Tuesday.
shadstarn

Post by shadstarn »

this is amazing! specially on some custom levels!

i love the weapons .. and the reloading:D

okay here is my SUGESTIONS please understand its only sugestions:
- mutators and settings in game what enemies you want if its possible
. men and women or men.. or only aliens ... and aliens and or predators
. also be cool if tehre could be those bastard robot soldiers .. soldiers that you dont empathize with that you do want to kill and it feels good to kill them
dashyr89

Post by dashyr89 »

Mod looks awesome but sadly I cannot play it due to some weird crashes.

The mod will crash whenever I try to throw the combistick or the disc with the predator.

Tried with the current stable and DEV versions of GZDoom. :(
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

dashyr89 wrote:Mod looks awesome but sadly I cannot play it due to some weird crashes.

The mod will crash whenever I try to throw the combistick or the disc with the predator.

This MOD was made on a GZDoom version that pre-dates the current stable release.

I would love to see this get finished, but Endless and JD haven't made an update in ages now.
Twitchy2019

Post by Twitchy2019 »

This is just my two bits, but if this mod hasn't been updated in years, isn't it time to be moved to the dead projects thread?
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

warman2012 wrote:This is just my two bits, but if this mod hasn't been updated in years, isn't it time to be moved to the dead projects thread?
It has viable releases, therefore it isn't dead.
jdredalert

Post by jdredalert »

It's not dead indeed. However, it's been a while since i last saw Endless around, both here at ZDF and on his Steam account. Since he's M.I.A. for more than a year now (he last login here was back in november 2017) i guess i'm the only one left to keep it alive - and i do want to keep it alive.

However, there's a lot of things to do here: most of the mods code must be rewrote from scratch. The way it is now, it's a mess: a bunch of stuff was duct taped together here in a bad looking way since the earlier days of the mod (and one of my struggles since i joined the team was to deal with all that stuff. It confused me a lot back then and still gives me nightmares now). I never wanted to steal Endless thunder in his own mod, but our working philosophies used to differ a lot - i wanted to make things to be as clean and organized as possible, while he just wanted to things to work, and if copy and pasting walls of redundant stuff was the shorter way to go, he would take it. Now that i'm the last man standing here and the heir of the mod, i'm willing to salvage what i can and redo everything else from scratch if i have to (as i did with most of the weapons in the past). There's also a lot of questionable features and stuff that i simply couldn't get rid of since it wasn't my own project, but one that i was collaborating. I believe i can now in order to make things more straight forward (i believe that sometimes, less is more). That would also require some time for me to do all by myself.

So TL:DR: Mod isn't dead, but since i'm the only one left and there's a lot of things to do, i can't say when it's going to be updated.
dashyr89 wrote:Mod looks awesome but sadly I cannot play it due to some weird crashes.

Well i'm curious about those crashes. The build i have here works nicely up until Gzdoom 3.5.1 x64, but i'm not sure about anything beyond that. You may be able to play it on that version. You can contact me via PM if that's not working for you and i see what i can do.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”