AvP 2.0 - JDREDALERT's Edition WIP Is Out For Testing !!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Endless123

Re: AvP 2.0 - JDREDALERT's Edition

Post by Endless123 »

jdredalert wrote:Well i'm alive, but i'm sorting out some stuff in my life lately. Sorry about the inconvenience, we'll keep you guys informed of further advances.
Thanks for jd,

As for the mod - jd and i are putting it on hold until further notice. We will keep you informed of any changes concerning the mod.

Thanks you for your patience and support.
Endless123

Re: POLL - AvP 2.0 - JDREDALERT's Edition -=ON HOLD=-

Post by Endless123 »

It's been a long time and i only have a poll and small update for you unfortunately.

Due to the big delays and jdredalrert still missing and his part of the work in an unknown state i have no choice but to start a poll to see 2 things. First the interest for the mod - is there still interest from the players. Secondly, explore the options available to me at this point.

The Mod State :
The mod on my side is finish but still have some bugs because of the missing content jdredalert is working on. As for jd's part he was nearly finished last time i talked to him and it's been back to July - no other news from him ever since.

The Future of this Mod :
It is my last mod but it's not excluding improving my Terminator mod or make add-ons for the AvP mod. Other than that, once this mod will be released there won't be any other version of this mod made by me. However let me be clear, i give permission to anyone wanting to improve or modify this mod in a more personal way and release it AFTER THE MOD HAS BEEN RELEASED. Just be sure to mention all those who helped me in the credits.

The Poll :
The poll will last for 14 days(2 weeks) to let people enough time to participate - the more people the more jd and I will know the interest toward this mod. Once the poll ended, i will advise for the time needed to execute the people's choice.

I hope i will have better news soon for you all other than a poll.

Thanks for your incredible support from the beginning the mod to this day, i really appreciate it :)
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Honestly I'd say just release what you have so everyone has something to help you test out. If not that, then releasing what you can that's not super buggy is good too.

EDIT: Especially if JD is MIA, since if he doesn't come back that potentially means you'll never finish this. Has he dropped off the radar before and come back?
Last edited by -Ghost- on Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

I can wait til it's fully done, but releasing it early with whatever you have wouldn't hurt either for testing purposes.
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

-Ghost- wrote:Honestly I'd say just release what you have so everyone has something to help you test out. If not that, then releasing what you can that's not super buggy is good too.

EDIT: Especially if JD is MIA, since if he doesn't come back that potentially means you'll never finish this. Has he dropped off the radar before and come back?
Jd has been elusive since this version was about to be finished. He went off the radar before but not for that long. I seriously don't know that to think of this to be honest.
Valherran wrote:I can wait til it's fully done, but releasing it early with whatever you have wouldn't hurt either for testing purposes.
The problem is on its present state the only class that isn't broken because of missing stuff is the Marine class, both the Predator and Praetorian classes are a bit broken due to the missing stuff. I don't know if you know but the first mod i ever made was really broken and ppl hated it for good reasons. I would prefer to release an non-broken mod this time. On the other hand as you said it could be a good thing to release the mod for testing purposes. That's why i started a poll, to know what ppl think i should do because honestly i don't know what to do at this point. I'm already trying my best to fix the existing bugs but lets be honest here, i can't fix them all without jd's work.
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

time for a little update ...

i had to remove some of jd's stuff to fix some bugs and i am presently reworking the predator's arms on all weapons. This should take a week or so and when i'm done with this i will release the non-finish mod for players's feedbacks and bug fixing purposes. Obviously as soon as jd gives me his work i will integrate it and we both will work on fixing the remaining bugs and release the definitive version as soon as we can.

In short you will have something new to play by this time next week.

Sorry again for the extreme delays and thanks for your support :)
Endless123

Re: AvP 2.0 - JDREDALERT's Edition -=ON HOLD=-

Post by Endless123 »

Small update,

The poll results are out - the results on page #1

In short you wish i wait for jd to send me his work.

Now for the mod update - the sprites jd sent me for the predator (before i lost contact with him) clashes too much with the predator weapons and can't be reworked without looking too weird so here is what i'm doing - i took the sprites of the 1.3r1 version and i'm improving them to be wide screen compatible - so far the wrist blades are done and the plasma blaster has been redesigned a bit with a better animation - the combi-stick and the smart disc will remain unchanged. What's left to do is improve the plasma caster animation, improve the hacking animation and possibly the self-destruct animation.

The new design of the plasma blaster/mini missile launcher

It's still a primitive design and since jd was supposed to redesign it anyways you can consider this one a place holder.

When i'll be done and satisfied with the results i will record a video and the unfinished version of the mod will be released for testing and bug fixing.

Once again thanks for your support.
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

Here is a short video of the plasma blaster and special attacks of the Predator class

Note that all predator sprites in this video are place holders and will all be replaced by jdredalert's sprites as soon as he sends me his work.

Comments, opinions and feedbacks are appreciated :)
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Vostyok »

Do you know which predator sprites you'll be using? And do you mean Hud weapons or the player actor sprites? I still have the ones I was working on saved if you were using them. I never got around to giving them to JD
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

Vostyok wrote:Do you know which predator sprites you'll be using? And do you mean Hud weapons or the player actor sprites? I still have the ones I was working on saved if you were using them. I never got around to giving them to JD
Only the weapons sprites while playing an not the 3rd person view of the predator

Jd was supposed to use new sprites, one of the new sprites he did was this one :

He was also making sprites (based on the first sprite bath he sent me for the wrist) for all predator weapons to match with these new arms design. However since he was also changing how the plasma caster, the smart disc, the combi-stick and the plasma blaster works as well as the sprites for those weapons, he never sent me the script changes he made to the weapons tho.

If he don't show up soon i might have to ask for someone else to make the new predator weapons sprites or just polish the existing sprites i have (as you know i'm not so good at working on sprites to make them look good :P ). I think ppl waited long enough for the release of this mod. Of course i would prefer jd's work because so far his work was amazing and i would prefer not to replace his work.
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

Give it time, for all you know he could be recovering from the hurricane.
jdredalert

Post by jdredalert »

I think i owe an apologize to everyone here. While i'm not recovering from a hurricane in the literal sense of the word, i'm having some stuff in my personal life to take care, that really consumed most of my free time and my will to work on mods. It's not that i don't like them anymore - far from it - but for a while, i simply can't stay around while my real world issues aren't fixed. That being said, i just PMed Endless with my nearly finished build (which i could say it's in around 90% done). In case i went under the radar for a long time again, he should be able to work, finish and release it on it in my absence - perhaps on a short time. Heck, he could release it today if he wanted to - although some things are not the way i wanted to be, but it could always be released as a testing build or something, so the final parts could be finished with the use of some feedback. Endless call (but i really think that as testing purposes AND a apologize gift, he should do it).

I don't know if i'll be able to keep coming back in a regular basis as i always did, since my problems IRL even made me step away from college for a semester, but i promise that i'll try to log again this week so i can get feedback and give aid to Endless in whatever he needs.

Vostyok wrote:Do you know which predator sprites you'll be using? And do you mean Hud weapons or the player actor sprites? I still have the ones I was working on saved if you were using them. I never got around to giving them to JD
Just PM me buddy! It's always a honor to have your work on our side, and while i'm really lacking motivation to keep working as it used to be, but i think that adding those to the mod won't hurt.
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Glad to see you're okay! Take your time, since RL is always more important.
jdredalert

Post by jdredalert »

Thanks Ghost. I wish i could be more of a help lately, but the truth is that i couldn't work on the mod for four months. I had both problems in my real life and on my computer. As you see, the computer part is great but i still have a lot to fix on my own stuff. So yeah, my build i sent is nearly done, but still undone (for the matter, the MAP30 that replaces the icon of sin fight is still WIP and can't be finished the way it is now, just to give you an example). The Marine and Predator weapons are working as intended, and some itens too. I had tons of new sound effects and minor gimmicks and eye candies added to the mod, and in general i think they look cool. Some stuff wasn't fully changed, so some enemies are using new sprites while others don't, so the styles are still clashing but that was something i was going to replace after everything was done. It is really close to finish, to be honest. If i hadn't to walk away this would be done probably in the middle of July (my intention was to release it int the same date as the release of the first Predator movie, as a 30 years birthday celebration, but... oh well). So, let's hope Endless release my build the way it is so you guys can play test it and say what is good and what is bad about it.
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

-Ghost- wrote:Glad to see you're okay! Take your time, since RL is always more important.
Yeah RL can really a be a b*tch sometimes and it's never a good thing to neglect it no matter what.
jdredalert wrote:Thanks Ghost. I wish i could be more of a help lately, but the truth is that i couldn't work on the mod for four months. I had both problems in my real life and on my computer. As you see, the computer part is great but i still have a lot to fix on my own stuff. So yeah, my build i sent is nearly done, but still undone (for the matter, the MAP30 that replaces the icon of sin fight is still WIP and can't be finished the way it is now, just to give you an example). The Marine and Predator weapons are working as intended, and some itens too. I had tons of new sound effects and minor gimmicks and eye candies added to the mod, and in general i think they look cool. Some stuff wasn't fully changed, so some enemies are using new sprites while others don't, so the styles are still clashing but that was something i was going to replace after everything was done. It is really close to finish, to be honest. If i hadn't to walk away this would be done probably in the middle of July (my intention was to release it int the same date as the release of the first Predator movie, as a 30 years birthday celebration, but... oh well). So, let's hope Endless release my build the way it is so you guys can play test it and say what is good and what is bad about it.
Holly cow man you scared me ! I was really afraid you were gone man ! Anyways i'm super glad you are ok and not just because of the mod - i prefer to know you are alive and well :)

About the build you sent me i haven't the opportunity to look at it since i just logged in but i'll give you feedbacks as soon as i can in pm. As for your idea of releasing your build for testing and bug fixing i was about to do that with my own build anyways so yes to that.

Glad you are still around man, i really am :D

Return to “Gameplay Mods”