Hard-Doom v8 - Updated 7/10/17

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Hard-Doom v8 - Updated 7/10/17

Postby dljosef » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:04 pm

That's definitely fine. I definitely like the new additions of the new pistol zombies and faceless shotgunners.
dljosef
Brutal Doom? Nope, I don't care.

Postby GAA1992 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:44 pm

I understand you. Doom is plenty of shotgun drops, because is one of the most reliable weapons in the game. And i won't ask you to put it back.

I actually liked the shotgun start because, well, you're playing something with "HARD" on the name, and instead of a pistol you started with a shotgun. That surely meant there was some freaky dicky shit going on :p

Keep on the good job, imma downloading v8 now!
GAA1992
Demons are a disease. I am the cure.

Postby Faerlyn » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:28 pm

GAA1992 wrote:I understand you. Doom is plenty of shotgun drops, because is one of the most reliable weapons in the game. And i won't ask you to put it back.

I actually liked the shotgun start because, well, you're playing something with "HARD" on the name, and instead of a pistol you started with a shotgun. That surely meant there was some freaky dicky shit going on :p

I actually plan to make a custom cvar for v8.1. It will be for shotgun starting but default to off. This way people that enjoy the old shotgun starting can do so. :)
Faerlyn

Postby dljosef » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:40 pm

Come to think of it, speaking of bestiaries, I'm thinking of writing one for Colourful Hell as well.

Btw, I definitely don't mind the balanced enemy spawns. The chance to find a quad shotty early in a full megawad run can really make some levels easier. (If you don't use those megawads that have some slaughter levels in them, that is)
dljosef
Brutal Doom? Nope, I don't care.

Postby Untitled » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:51 pm

Faerlyn wrote:
GAA1992 wrote:I understand you. Doom is plenty of shotgun drops, because is one of the most reliable weapons in the game. And i won't ask you to put it back.

I actually plan to make a custom cvar for v8.1. It will be for shotgun starting but default to off. This way people that enjoy the old shotgun starting can do so. :)

You don't need to make a custom CVar for it - sv_shotgunstart is already an existing CVar, and it should be used instead (just remember to make an ACS script that removes "Shotgun" and then gives you "Shotgun~"

While we're at it, would it be possible to make a CVar to make SSG Zombies drop said SSG? It'd be really nice.
Untitled

Postby Faerlyn » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:09 am

Untitled wrote:You don't need to make a custom CVar for it - sv_shotgunstart is already an existing CVar, and it should be used instead (just remember to make an ACS script that removes "Shotgun" and then gives you "Shotgun~"

While we're at it, would it be possible to make a CVar to make SSG Zombies drop said SSG? It'd be really nice.

Ahh right! I didn't think of using ACS to just make the sv_shotgunstart cvar work properly in HD. Also I was discussing a custom cvar for SSG drops from zombies earlier with Ghastly and it is indeed planned for the next release.
Faerlyn

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods