Hard-Doom v8.3 - Updated 5/7/18

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Hard-Doom v8 - Updated 7/10/17

Postby dljosef » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:04 pm

That's definitely fine. I definitely like the new additions of the new pistol zombies and faceless shotgunners.
dljosef
Brutal Doom? Nope, I don't care.

Postby GAA1992 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:44 pm

I understand you. Doom is plenty of shotgun drops, because is one of the most reliable weapons in the game. And i won't ask you to put it back.

I actually liked the shotgun start because, well, you're playing something with "HARD" on the name, and instead of a pistol you started with a shotgun. That surely meant there was some freaky dicky shit going on :p

Keep on the good job, imma downloading v8 now!
GAA1992
Demons are a disease. I am the cure.

Postby Faerlyn » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:28 pm

GAA1992 wrote:I understand you. Doom is plenty of shotgun drops, because is one of the most reliable weapons in the game. And i won't ask you to put it back.

I actually liked the shotgun start because, well, you're playing something with "HARD" on the name, and instead of a pistol you started with a shotgun. That surely meant there was some freaky dicky shit going on :p

I actually plan to make a custom cvar for v8.1. It will be for shotgun starting but default to off. This way people that enjoy the old shotgun starting can do so. :)
Faerlyn

Postby dljosef » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:40 pm

Come to think of it, speaking of bestiaries, I'm thinking of writing one for Colourful Hell as well.

Btw, I definitely don't mind the balanced enemy spawns. The chance to find a quad shotty early in a full megawad run can really make some levels easier. (If you don't use those megawads that have some slaughter levels in them, that is)
dljosef
Brutal Doom? Nope, I don't care.

Postby Untitled » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:51 pm

Faerlyn wrote:
GAA1992 wrote:I understand you. Doom is plenty of shotgun drops, because is one of the most reliable weapons in the game. And i won't ask you to put it back.

I actually plan to make a custom cvar for v8.1. It will be for shotgun starting but default to off. This way people that enjoy the old shotgun starting can do so. :)

You don't need to make a custom CVar for it - sv_shotgunstart is already an existing CVar, and it should be used instead (just remember to make an ACS script that removes "Shotgun" and then gives you "Shotgun~"

While we're at it, would it be possible to make a CVar to make SSG Zombies drop said SSG? It'd be really nice.
Untitled

Postby Faerlyn » Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:09 am

Untitled wrote:You don't need to make a custom CVar for it - sv_shotgunstart is already an existing CVar, and it should be used instead (just remember to make an ACS script that removes "Shotgun" and then gives you "Shotgun~"

While we're at it, would it be possible to make a CVar to make SSG Zombies drop said SSG? It'd be really nice.

Ahh right! I didn't think of using ACS to just make the sv_shotgunstart cvar work properly in HD. Also I was discussing a custom cvar for SSG drops from zombies earlier with Ghastly and it is indeed planned for the next release.
Faerlyn

Re: Hard-Doom v8.1 - Updated 10/8/17

Postby Faerlyn » Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:35 pm

Version 8.1 is released! Check the main post for links and details.
Faerlyn

Re: Hard-Doom v8.1.1 - Updated 2/18/18

Postby Faerlyn » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:42 pm

Version 8.1.1 has been released. It's a pretty small update check the main post for details.
Faerlyn

Re: Hard-Doom v8.2 - Updated 3/14/18

Postby Faerlyn » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:42 pm

Updated to v8.2! Check the main post for links and details.

Edit: Had to removed the coop-mthru CVAR due to desync issues in Zandronum. Current version is now v8.2f!
Last edited by Faerlyn on Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Faerlyn

Re: Hard-Doom v8.2 - Updated 3/14/18

Postby Doomenator » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:08 am

Spoiler:
Doomenator
Banned User

Re: Hard-Doom v8.3 - Updated 5/7/18

Postby Faerlyn » Mon May 07, 2018 8:22 pm

Updated to version 8.3! 8-)
Faerlyn

Postby MaxRideWizardLord » Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:28 pm

Can you please release unnerfed monster pack without guns and other items, please? So that it can be used with mods like Guncaster, Wrath of Cronos and many others gameplay mods. Just please give back all the monsters original damage and abilities, like Pyrodemon his famous teleport which made him to be who he is.
MaxRideWizardLord
Banned User
for 7 days, 23 hours

Postby Untitled » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:22 am

I actually PM'd Faerlyn with a request for a "Hard-Doom-Lite", which would be a version with none of the weapons/items for exactly the purpose of mod compatibility - the message was never answered.

Fae also hasn't posted on the forums at all since May 07th, 2018 (the "Updated to version 8.3!" post).
Untitled

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods