Hard-Doom v8.3.1 - Updated 10/15/18

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
dljosef

Re: Hard-Doom v8 - Updated 7/10/17

Post by dljosef »

That's definitely fine. I definitely like the new additions of the new pistol zombies and faceless shotgunners.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

I understand you. Doom is plenty of shotgun drops, because is one of the most reliable weapons in the game. And i won't ask you to put it back.

I actually liked the shotgun start because, well, you're playing something with "HARD" on the name, and instead of a pistol you started with a shotgun. That surely meant there was some freaky dicky shit going on :p

Keep on the good job, imma downloading v8 now!
Faerlyn

Post by Faerlyn »

GAA1992 wrote:I understand you. Doom is plenty of shotgun drops, because is one of the most reliable weapons in the game. And i won't ask you to put it back.

I actually liked the shotgun start because, well, you're playing something with "HARD" on the name, and instead of a pistol you started with a shotgun. That surely meant there was some freaky dicky shit going on :p
I actually plan to make a custom cvar for v8.1. It will be for shotgun starting but default to off. This way people that enjoy the old shotgun starting can do so. :)
dljosef

Post by dljosef »

Come to think of it, speaking of bestiaries, I'm thinking of writing one for Colourful Hell as well.

Btw, I definitely don't mind the balanced enemy spawns. The chance to find a quad shotty early in a full megawad run can really make some levels easier. (If you don't use those megawads that have some slaughter levels in them, that is)
Untitled
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Untitled »

Faerlyn wrote:
GAA1992 wrote:I understand you. Doom is plenty of shotgun drops, because is one of the most reliable weapons in the game. And i won't ask you to put it back.

I actually plan to make a custom cvar for v8.1. It will be for shotgun starting but default to off. This way people that enjoy the old shotgun starting can do so. :)
You don't need to make a custom CVar for it - sv_shotgunstart is already an existing CVar, and it should be used instead (just remember to make an ACS script that removes "Shotgun" and then gives you "Shotgun~"

While we're at it, would it be possible to make a CVar to make SSG Zombies drop said SSG? It'd be really nice.
Faerlyn

Post by Faerlyn »

Untitled wrote:You don't need to make a custom CVar for it - sv_shotgunstart is already an existing CVar, and it should be used instead (just remember to make an ACS script that removes "Shotgun" and then gives you "Shotgun~"

While we're at it, would it be possible to make a CVar to make SSG Zombies drop said SSG? It'd be really nice.
Ahh right! I didn't think of using ACS to just make the sv_shotgunstart cvar work properly in HD. Also I was discussing a custom cvar for SSG drops from zombies earlier with Ghastly and it is indeed planned for the next release.
Faerlyn

Re: Hard-Doom v8.1 - Updated 10/8/17

Post by Faerlyn »

Version 8.1 is released! Check the main post for links and details.
Faerlyn

Re: Hard-Doom v8.1.1 - Updated 2/18/18

Post by Faerlyn »

Version 8.1.1 has been released. It's a pretty small update check the main post for details.
Faerlyn

Re: Hard-Doom v8.2 - Updated 3/14/18

Post by Faerlyn »

Updated to v8.2! Check the main post for links and details.

Edit: Had to removed the coop-mthru CVAR due to desync issues in Zandronum. Current version is now v8.2f!
Last edited by Faerlyn on Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doomenator

Re: Hard-Doom v8.2 - Updated 3/14/18

Post by Doomenator »

Spoiler:
Faerlyn

Re: Hard-Doom v8.3 - Updated 5/7/18

Post by Faerlyn »

Updated to version 8.3! 8-)
MaxRideWizardLord

Post by MaxRideWizardLord »

Can you please release unnerfed monster pack without guns and other items, please? So that it can be used with mods like Guncaster, Wrath of Cronos and many others gameplay mods. Just please give back all the monsters original damage and abilities, like Pyrodemon his famous teleport which made him to be who he is.
Untitled
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Untitled »

I actually PM'd Faerlyn with a request for a "Hard-Doom-Lite", which would be a version with none of the weapons/items for exactly the purpose of mod compatibility - the message was never answered.

Fae also hasn't posted on the forums at all since May 07th, 2018 (the "Updated to version 8.3!" post).
Faerlyn

Post by Faerlyn »

I plan to do a "Lite" version eventually. I just haven't yet due to loosing interest in Doom.

Edit: Added a "Lite" version to the main post. Figured it was easy enough to just make today quickly. 8-)
Faerlyn

Re: Hard-Doom v8.3.1 - Updated 10/15/18

Post by Faerlyn »

Updated to version 8.3.1! This release also includes an updated Lite version. Nothing major (unless you like fast monsters?) just some small fixes to things that were bugging me.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”