Hard-Doom v8.3.1 - Updated 10/15/18

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Faerlyn

Re: Hard-Doom v7 - Updated 1/18/16

Post by Faerlyn »

Version 7 is released!
Faerlyn

Re: Hard-Doom v7.1 - Updated 9/30/16

Post by Faerlyn »

Version 7.1 is released! This release will require Zandronum 3.0 if you wish to play online with that port.
Trusty McLegit

Post by Trusty McLegit »

Sweet mod! One thing I noticed though was when you altfire the sonic railgun, there is one misaligned frame of animation way off to the left. Also, I really like that HUD! If you have time, I would really love a standalone version.
BFG

Post by BFG »

glad to see this back, did you take over from Aerial and Ghastly (the original creators)?
Faerlyn

Post by Faerlyn »

Trusty McLegit wrote:Sweet mod! One thing I noticed though was when you altfire the sonic railgun, there is one misaligned frame of animation way off to the left. Also, I really like that HUD! If you have time, I would really love a standalone version.
That is strange! Alt-fire for me seems to be fine without any sprites looking wonky. Care to show me what you mean somehow? Also I can make a standalone version of the HUD for you sometime this weekend unless someone else wants to do it for you.
BFG wrote:glad to see this back, did you take over from Aerial and Ghastly (the original creators)?
I am Aerial. I just went back to using the name "Faerlyn" years ago to avoid confusion with the Aerial from ZDaemon.
Cryomundus

Post by Cryomundus »

It's hard to catch, but I think it happens in like the 1-2 seconds into the video, a sprite pops up on the left for a brief second.
NullWire

Post by NullWire »

http://imgur.com/LgL0aWQ I hope this can be useful, I forgot to add some monsters from project smx
Faerlyn

Post by Faerlyn »

I've actually managed to find the cause of this. I noticed that it isn't happening in ZDoom or Zandronum. However on GZDoom the "Rendering Interpolation" option is causing the bug. In GZDoom 2.1.1 and prior the issue doesn't happen however (which was the latest version when I did the smooth Sonic Rail). I'm not actually sure how I could fix this or if I even can. :?
Trusty McLegit

Post by Trusty McLegit »

That's really strange...
Faerlyn

Post by Faerlyn »

Here is a nice video that Sompi made of Scythe Map11 with Hard Doom v7.1! :biggrin:
Spoiler:
Faerlyn

Re: Hard-Doom v8 - Updated 7/10/17

Post by Faerlyn »

Version 8 is released! Check the main post for links and details.
dljosef

Post by dljosef »

And here's my updated bestiary for Hard Doom, to coincide with V8.
Spoiler:
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

1. Removed the Shotgun and shells from player start. Time for real pistol starting. :)
Nooooo, that's one of the things i liked most about this. :(
Faerlyn

Post by Faerlyn »

dljosef wrote:And here's my updated bestiary for Hard Doom, to coincide with V8.
Thanks a bunch for that! I was too lazy to update the text file for v8 within the mod itself. I added it to the main post I hope that is ok with you.
GAA1992 wrote:Nooooo, that's one of the things i liked most about this. :(
Should give it a try! In most cases shotgun starting isn't required anymore. Most maps usually put a weapon near the start or Shotgunners which you will now drop the shotgun from.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”