GMOTA: Fantasy arcade action, UPDATE 4/3/2018 [V1.2]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: GMOTA: Fantasy arcade action, UPDATE 4/3/2018 [V1.2]

Postby jhonbeta » Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:09 pm

hello the mod. I liked. I passed the original doom, with this mod, and I am playing with other maps and I am eager to have the new version with the new character that is great, it hurts me that I can not donate, because of my economy :( . I hope you do not abandon this project, because I see a lot of future. :D :D
jhonbeta

Postby Combine_Kegan » Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:10 am

jhonbeta wrote:hello the mod. I liked. I passed the original doom, with this mod, and I am playing with other maps and I am eager to have the new version with the new character that is great, it hurts me that I can not donate, because of my economy :( . I hope you do not abandon this project, because I see a lot of future. :D :D

I'm glad you enjoy it so much, that's more than enough for me, and don't worry, it's not abandoned. I'm currently working on the next playable character right now, actually!
Combine_Kegan
The GMOTA Guy

Postby souio » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:17 pm

This is a very awesome mod. Actually gives me good Demonsteele vibes except you turned it into a Capcom game (I take it Capcom arcade games was one of the main influences for this). One additional feature that I think would be amazing, but probably difficult to implement, would be beat-em-up style health gauges for the enemies that you fight. One of my favorite things about hack n slash games was watching their health bar whittle down and watching some of the enemies fall at the speed they do would be incredibly satisfying.

Keep up the great work and can't wait for the third character!
souio

Postby thedeathrunner123 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:49 pm

you could use target spy or jp hud health bar, universal health bars to use. this lets you beat up an enemy and watch their health whittle as you beat them. target spy is EXTREMELY customizable.
thedeathrunner123
Uhhhhhhh, DooM Anybody?

Postby LOLANONIMUS » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:20 am

Hey kegan could you make the mod be used in heretic?
LOLANONIMUS

Discord: #0589
Twitch ID: Luisg700

Postby warman2012 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:39 pm

So, could we get a way to make the custom music used by Blaz also be used by the Doomslayer?
warman2012
Your friendly neighborhood asskicker.

Postby Ryuhi » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:52 pm

warman2012 wrote:So, could we get a way to make the custom music used by Blaz also be used by the Doomslayer?

Each character is going to have their own theme to the music. Doomslayer keeps the default as he is themed kinda like doomguy, but you can always use custom music addons if you'd like. There's even a SNES jukebox that works great: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=49073
Ryuhi

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods