GMOTA: Fantasy arcade action, UPDATE 4/3/2018 [V1.2]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: GMOTA: Fantasy arcade action, UPDATE 4/3/2018 [V1.2]

Postby jhonbeta » Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:09 pm

hello the mod. I liked. I passed the original doom, with this mod, and I am playing with other maps and I am eager to have the new version with the new character that is great, it hurts me that I can not donate, because of my economy :( . I hope you do not abandon this project, because I see a lot of future. :D :D
User avatar
jhonbeta
 
Joined: 28 Dec 2018

Re: GMOTA: Fantasy arcade action, UPDATE 4/3/2018 [V1.2]

Postby Combine_Kegan » Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:10 am

jhonbeta wrote:hello the mod. I liked. I passed the original doom, with this mod, and I am playing with other maps and I am eager to have the new version with the new character that is great, it hurts me that I can not donate, because of my economy :( . I hope you do not abandon this project, because I see a lot of future. :D :D


I'm glad you enjoy it so much, that's more than enough for me, and don't worry, it's not abandoned. I'm currently working on the next playable character right now, actually!
User avatar
Combine_Kegan
The GMOTA Guy
 
Joined: 19 Jan 2014
Location: Hopelessly stuck in the past

Re: GMOTA: Fantasy arcade action, UPDATE 4/3/2018 [V1.2]

Postby souio » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:17 pm

This is a very awesome mod. Actually gives me good Demonsteele vibes except you turned it into a Capcom game (I take it Capcom arcade games was one of the main influences for this). One additional feature that I think would be amazing, but probably difficult to implement, would be beat-em-up style health gauges for the enemies that you fight. One of my favorite things about hack n slash games was watching their health bar whittle down and watching some of the enemies fall at the speed they do would be incredibly satisfying.

Keep up the great work and can't wait for the third character!
souio
 
Joined: 04 Aug 2016

Re: GMOTA: Fantasy arcade action, UPDATE 4/3/2018 [V1.2]

Postby thedeathrunner123 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:49 pm

you could use target spy or jp hud health bar, universal health bars to use. this lets you beat up an enemy and watch their health whittle as you beat them. target spy is EXTREMELY customizable.
User avatar
thedeathrunner123
Uhhhhhhh, DooM Anybody?
 
Joined: 18 May 2018
Location: Somewhere at the gates of Hell

Re: GMOTA: Fantasy arcade action, UPDATE 4/3/2018 [V1.2]

Postby LOLANONIMUS » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:20 am

Hey kegan could you make the mod be used in heretic?
LOLANONIMUS
 
Joined: 15 Dec 2018
Discord: #0589
Twitch ID: Luisg700

Re: GMOTA: Fantasy arcade action, UPDATE 4/3/2018 [V1.2]

Postby warman2012 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:39 pm

So, could we get a way to make the custom music used by Blaz also be used by the Doomslayer?
User avatar
warman2012
Your friendly neighborhood asskicker.
 
Joined: 04 Jan 2017
Location: My Foot,Your Face! (Team Monster)

Re: GMOTA: Fantasy arcade action, UPDATE 4/3/2018 [V1.2]

Postby Ryuhi » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:52 pm

warman2012 wrote:So, could we get a way to make the custom music used by Blaz also be used by the Doomslayer?


Each character is going to have their own theme to the music. Doomslayer keeps the default as he is themed kinda like doomguy, but you can always use custom music addons if you'd like. There's even a SNES jukebox that works great: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=49073
User avatar
Ryuhi
 
Joined: 21 Feb 2017

Re: GMOTA: Fantasy arcade action, UPDATE 4/3/2018 [V1.2]

Postby vidumec » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:05 pm

using Wrath while wielding Thunderbuss crashes the game with "called without valid caller. Thunderbuss expected". Called from state thunderbuss 116

latest (3.7.2) gzdoom version. Something something stricter engine code checks in newer versions break mods left and right.
User avatar
vidumec
 
Joined: 15 Apr 2017

Re: GMOTA: Fantasy arcade action, UPDATE 4/3/2018 [V1.2]

Postby thedeathrunner123 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:37 pm

any idea when we might be able to expect V1.3? a date preferably?
User avatar
thedeathrunner123
Uhhhhhhh, DooM Anybody?
 
Joined: 18 May 2018
Location: Somewhere at the gates of Hell

Re: GMOTA: Fantasy arcade action, UPDATE 4/3/2018 [V1.2]

Postby Combine_Kegan » Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:19 am

vidumec wrote:using Wrath while wielding Thunderbuss crashes the game with "called without valid caller. Thunderbuss expected". Called from state thunderbuss 116

latest (3.7.2) gzdoom version. Something something stricter engine code checks in newer versions break mods left and right.


When you say Wrath are you talking about the Berserk Rune? Because yeah, my friend pointed that bug out and it's been squashed for this upcoming version, turns out the newer GZDoom versions throw a big hissyfit if you take a weapon out of order.



thedeathrunner123 wrote:any idea when we might be able to expect V1.3? a date preferably?


No dates yet. Still got a lot to do before this update's done, need to finish up Knightmare mode, get some new sprites for one of the monsters, player sprites for Kustam, add the ability to pick up and throw barrels for all of the heroes, and a few other surprises.
User avatar
Combine_Kegan
The GMOTA Guy
 
Joined: 19 Jan 2014
Location: Hopelessly stuck in the past

Re: GMOTA: Fantasy arcade action, UPDATE 4/3/2018 [V1.2]

Postby vidumec » Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:25 am

yea the berserk rune

got confused by the WrathCaster actor
User avatar
vidumec
 
Joined: 15 Apr 2017

Re: GMOTA: Fantasy arcade action, UPDATE 4/3/2018 [V1.2]

Postby thedeathrunner123 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:58 am

Combine_Kegan wrote:
vidumec wrote:using Wrath while wielding Thunderbuss crashes the game with "called without valid caller. Thunderbuss expected". Called from state thunderbuss 116

latest (3.7.2) gzdoom version. Something something stricter engine code checks in newer versions break mods left and right.


When you say Wrath are you talking about the Berserk Rune? Because yeah, my friend pointed that bug out and it's been squashed for this upcoming version, turns out the newer GZDoom versions throw a big hissyfit if you take a weapon out of order.



thedeathrunner123 wrote:any idea when we might be able to expect V1.3? a date preferably?


No dates yet. Still got a lot to do before this update's done, need to finish up Knightmare mode, get some new sprites for one of the monsters, player sprites for Kustam, add the ability to pick up and throw barrels for all of the heroes, and a few other surprises.

That throwing barrels sounds AMAZING, this will be a great update.
User avatar
thedeathrunner123
Uhhhhhhh, DooM Anybody?
 
Joined: 18 May 2018
Location: Somewhere at the gates of Hell

Re: GMOTA: Fantasy arcade action, UPDATE 4/3/2018 [V1.2]

Postby vidumec » Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:24 pm

ive made a GLDEFS addon to add some dynamic lights to monsters' and player's spells and projectiles (and items)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1qsjw2rdb7ky0 ... l.wad?dl=0

there might be some things i missed - the amount of actors is HUGE.

PS: feel free to add it to your mod, and modify it however you wish!
User avatar
vidumec
 
Joined: 15 Apr 2017

Re: GMOTA: Fantasy arcade action, UPDATE 4/3/2018 [V1.2]

Postby Combine_Kegan » Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:46 pm

vidumec wrote:ive made a GLDEFS addon to add some dynamic lights to monsters' and player's spells and projectiles (and items)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1qsjw2rdb7ky0 ... l.wad?dl=0

there might be some things i missed - the amount of actors is HUGE.

PS: feel free to add it to your mod, and modify it however you wish!


Wow, not gonna lie. the GLDEFs on the item pickups looks especially nice, I like the pulsating light on the weapon/upgrade trophy stands.I'll be adding this to the coming update. Thank you!
Spoke too soon, this currently doesn't play nice with Zandronum and I have no experience with GLDEF stuff. Sorry man.
User avatar
Combine_Kegan
The GMOTA Guy
 
Joined: 19 Jan 2014
Location: Hopelessly stuck in the past

Re: GMOTA: Fantasy arcade action, UPDATE 4/3/2018 [V1.2]

Postby Dhise » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:49 pm

I love projects that keep being worked on over the years. Glad to see this is still being improved. Awesome mod man.
User avatar
Dhise
 
Joined: 15 Feb 2019

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Awario [RSS], Twitter [Bot] and 18 guests