GMOTA: Fantasy arcade action, UPDATE 4/3/2018 [V1.2]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: GMOTA: Fantasy arcade action, UPDATE 4/3/2018 [V1.2]

Postby AvzinElkein » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:09 am

Um, a minor goof:
AvzinElkein

Discord: AvzinElkein#8621

Postby Brohnesorge » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:17 am

There's no error there. The orange text is your sound device. Play mods before you report issues.
Brohnesorge
Release date: Eventually

Discord: #7624
Twitch ID: brohnesorge1
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8 64-bit

Postby AvzinElkein » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:28 am

Brohnesorge wrote:There's no error there. The orange text is your sound device. Play mods before you report issues.

Look at the "invalid keycommand" thing.
AvzinElkein

Discord: AvzinElkein#8621

Postby _mental_ » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:31 am

KEYCONF doesn't support block comment /* ... */ and only line one // is accepted. Everything between /* and */ will be treated as console commands.
_mental_

Postby Laggy » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:37 pm

gmota_nomusic is still a server cvar. Clients can't change it for themselves in a server.
Laggy

Postby Funky Gnoll » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:40 pm

Thanks for buffing the Torch!

The Cleansing Flame burns once more
Funky Gnoll

Postby Combine_Kegan » Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:57 am

I'm not sure what I can do for that GMOTA_nomusic thing at the moment but I'll start looking into it, as for the keyconf thing, woops. I just commented it out properly and I'll make sure that's sorted for v1.3
Combine_Kegan
The GMOTA Guy

Postby Gideon020 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:20 am

Combine_Kegan wrote:I'm not sure what I can do for that GMOTA_nomusic thing at the moment but I'll start looking into it, as for the keyconf thing, woops. I just commented it out properly and I'll make sure that's sorted for v1.3

Incidentally, is there supposed to be no custom music when playing as Doomslayer?
Gideon020
Fanboy

Postby Combine_Kegan » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:23 am

Gideon020 wrote:
Combine_Kegan wrote:I'm not sure what I can do for that GMOTA_nomusic thing at the moment but I'll start looking into it, as for the keyconf thing, woops. I just commented it out properly and I'll make sure that's sorted for v1.3

Incidentally, is there supposed to be no custom music when playing as Doomslayer?

Yep, intentional for now. After I get the other characters in I might make it so Doomslayer can potentially sample music from everyone's jukeboxes, provided that isn't a severe pain in the ass.
Combine_Kegan
The GMOTA Guy

Postby Ryuhi » Thu Apr 05, 2018 3:57 pm

I usually do the stock soundtrack with a Megadrive soundfont when playing as the Doomslayer, its oddly fitting.
Ryuhi

Postby Funky Gnoll » Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:48 pm

Couple issues I've noticed:

-Magebane thieves often face the wrong direction when charging up their fan of knives attack. It has no real effect on gameplay but it can be confusing to see.

-When swordless, the dagger subweapon does not 'autofire'. I haven't noticed if this is the case for all subweapons.
Funky Gnoll

Postby RedoLane » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:43 am

Just curious:
Where did you get the sound clips for the Pavise Guard?
It's really cool!
RedoLane

Discord: #7295

Postby Combine_Kegan » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:02 pm

Funky Gnoll wrote:Couple issues I've noticed:

-Magebane thieves often face the wrong direction when charging up their fan of knives attack. It has no real effect on gameplay but it can be confusing to see.

-When swordless, the dagger subweapon does not 'autofire'. I haven't noticed if this is the case for all subweapons.

Whoops, the theives definitely aren't supposed to do that, just fixed that one, my bad.

As for being unarmed and not having autofire, that's intentional, the trade off being you can tap the button and throw subweapons much faster compared to when you have the sword, but it seems to be confusing a lot of people, so I'll reduce the rate at which you can throw subweapons while unarmed and add the autofire to that. Shame too, I liked that little quirk between being armed and unarmed.

RedoLane wrote:Just curious:
Where did you get the sound clips for the Pavise Guard?
It's really cool!

Those are all sounds from Mutoid man in Smash TV, and yeah, they ARE cool, really glad sgt shivers gave me that idea
Combine_Kegan
The GMOTA Guy

Postby Funky Gnoll » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:50 pm

If it really is intentional, that's fine by me. I don't really use a lot of subweapons while unarmed cuz I want to do lots of punchan and get that sweet buff (and/or suffer needlessly because I'm a hidebound fool).

The warding shield's tornado spell seems to pull enemies through walls sometimes? There's also the issue of the double lariat, punch stagger, Omen impacts, etc. affecting enemies through walls, but I'm not really sure it's possible or worth doing to fix that.
Funky Gnoll

Postby will183 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:47 am

Wait what is the sunder called internally? Want to give it to me cause im playing slaughterfest 2012 on berserker difficulty, would be essential to surviving
will183

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods