Page 38 of 54

Re: GMOTA: Fantasy arcade action, NEW UPDATE 3/16/2018 [V1.0

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:43 am
by john190
No. I saw it on the exit screen. It said: Kustan will eventually join the struggle.[/quote]

Oh. It was the name of a sub-folder in decorate files, so I thought...

As for the Kustan (and Samson), guess they are additional characters we can hope to see in future versions.[/quote]

Hmmmmmmm I smell a mage and an archer or EVEN a crossbowman.

Re: GMOTA: Fantasy arcade action, NEW UPDATE 3/16/2018 [V1.0

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:47 am
by Agitatio
Custom Music doesn't work when playing as Doomslayer. Is that intentional?

Re: GMOTA: Fantasy arcade action, NEW UPDATE 3/16/2018 [V1.0

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:40 am
by DemonSlayer
Grigori wrote:Custom Music doesn't work when playing as Doomslayer. Is that intentional?


I wish that a Doomslayer music randomizer was included but I was thinking of using the Demonsteele music randomizer as those tracks fit his personality better.

Re: GMOTA: Fantasy arcade action, NEW UPDATE 3/16/2018 [V1.0

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:08 pm
by Combine_Kegan
Grigori wrote:Custom Music doesn't work when playing as Doomslayer. Is that intentional?

Yep! Blaz gets SNES Music, Doomslayer gets whatever music the map is playing

Re: GMOTA: Fantasy arcade action, NEW UPDATE 3/16/2018 [V1.0

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:37 pm
by Doomenator
Combine_Kegan wrote:...

What about the sounds? Doomslayer has no personal sounds, there are no even footsteps.
By the way, the sound of footsteps should be removed or completely redesigned. The sound of the stomp on the water, very frustrating. :)

Re: GMOTA: Fantasy arcade action, NEW UPDATE 3/16/2018 [V1.0

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:42 pm
by Combine_Kegan
Doomenator wrote:
Combine_Kegan wrote:...

What about the sounds? Doomslayer has no personal sounds, there are no even footsteps.
By the way, the sound of footsteps should be removed or completely redesigned. The sound of the stomp on the water, very frustrating. :)


I thought about Doomslayer's footsteps and ultimately he shouldn't have any, as for the footstep stuff, I might overhaul those later

Re: GMOTA: Fantasy arcade action, NEW UPDATE 3/16/2018 [V1.0

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:13 pm
by Agitatio
Combine_Kegan wrote:Yep! Blaz gets SNES Music, Doomslayer gets whatever music the map is playing

I understand why it's like that, but at the same time think that an option to enable custom music for Doomslayer wouldn't hurt.

Re: GMOTA: Fantasy arcade action, NEW UPDATE 3/16/2018 [V1.0

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:56 pm
by armymen12002003
Grigori wrote:
Combine_Kegan wrote:Yep! Blaz gets SNES Music, Doomslayer gets whatever music the map is playing

I understand why it's like that, but at the same time think that an option to enable custom music for Doomslayer wouldn't hurt.


I agree with this, also i'd love to see a score counter for this to get the full arcade action like experience.

Re: GMOTA: Fantasy arcade action, NEW UPDATE 3/16/2018 [V1.0

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:32 pm
by affandede
Is there any makeshift fix we can do in decorate until you have a look at the bullet gem bug?

Re: GMOTA: Fantasy arcade action, NEW UPDATE 3/16/2018 [V1.0

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:32 pm
by Combine_Kegan
The problem is if I add a music option for Doomslayer, I have no idea what to give him, future updates of GMOTA will introduce additional characters with their own playlists. Plus I was going for fitting music for each hero, Blaz gets SNES music, Kustam will get NES, and Samson will get Genesis tunes.

Doomslayer is the odd man out in many ways, seeing as he's the only character that carries more than two weapons, he's mainly a DOS/PC theme going on for his weapons and sound effects, and trying to give him a randomized playlist revolving around THAT would be a hell of an undertaking

Re: GMOTA: Fantasy arcade action, NEW UPDATE 3/16/2018 [V1.0

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:33 pm
by Combine_Kegan
affandede wrote:Is there any makeshift fix we can do in decorate until you have a look at the bullet gem bug?

That'd require altering each ammo type's pickup states, I'll have the update out before the day is through

Re: GMOTA: Fantasy arcade action, NEW UPDATE 3/16/2018 [V1.0

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:41 pm
by armymen12002003
Combine_Kegan wrote:future updates of GMOTA will introduce additional characters with their own playlists
Just out of curiosity how many characters are you planning?

Re: GMOTA: Fantasy arcade action, NEW UPDATE 3/16/2018 [V1.0

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:01 pm
by Combine_Kegan
armymen12002003 wrote:
Combine_Kegan wrote:future updates of GMOTA will introduce additional characters with their own playlists
Just out of curiosity how many characters are you planning?


4 total, Blaz, Doomslayer, Kustam, and Samson. Admittedly it was originally only gonna be three but after playing Doom 4 awhile back I just had to do something about that.

Re: GMOTA: Fantasy arcade action, NEW UPDATE 3/16/2018 [V1.0

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:26 pm
by armymen12002003
Combine_Kegan wrote:
armymen12002003 wrote:
Combine_Kegan wrote:future updates of GMOTA will introduce additional characters with their own playlists
Just out of curiosity how many characters are you planning?


4 total, Blaz, Doomslayer, Kustam, and Samson. Admittedly it was originally only gonna be three but after playing Doom 4 awhile back I just had to do something about that.


oh ok lol

Re: GMOTA: Fantasy arcade action, NEW UPDATE 3/16/2018 [V1.0

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:37 pm
by Combine_Kegan
Updated GMOTA to fix that ammo pickup bug, thanks again affandede for pointing that out