GMOTA: Fantasy arcade action (last post here 4-18-23)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
AvzinElkein

Re: GMOTA: Fantasy arcade action, NEW UPDATE 3/16/2018 [V1.1

Post by AvzinElkein »

Heyo; I just want to listen to the soundtrack. How do I do that? :P
Combine_Kegan

Post by Combine_Kegan »

AvzinElkein wrote:Heyo; I just want to listen to the soundtrack. How do I do that? :P
Well, you could always crack open the Mod in SLADE and extract all of the .spcs out of the music folder, the credits.txt inside there will also tell you track names, as for playing the .spc files, you'll need to get ahold of a media player with .spc support, I use FOOBAR2000 myself with the FOO_GEP plugin to listen to them.
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

Another thing: It almost works with the original DOOM...
Ryuhi

Post by Ryuhi »

Combine_Kegan wrote:
AvzinElkein wrote:Heyo; I just want to listen to the soundtrack. How do I do that? :P
Well, you could always crack open the Mod in SLADE and extract all of the .spcs out of the music folder, the credits.txt inside there will also tell you track names, as for playing the .spc files, you'll need to get ahold of a media player with .spc support, I use FOOBAR2000 myself with the FOO_GEP plugin to listen to them.
i never realized you used SPC files for the soundtrack.

that brings me back :)
Gollgagh

Post by Gollgagh »

AvzinElkein wrote:Another thing: It almost works with the original DOOM...
Would it be possible for you to be more verbose? There is literally no information in your post even hinting as to what the problem is.
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

Gollgagh wrote:
AvzinElkein wrote:Another thing: It almost works with the original DOOM...
Would it be possible for you to be more verbose? There is literally no information in your post even hinting as to what the problem is.
No Super Shotgun in DOOM = no Arcane Charger, and the Level End screens match that of DOOM, and there might be other problems I haven't noticed yet. :P
SiFi270

Post by SiFi270 »

When playing this with Hellbarde, the zombieman replacement's arrows kill you in one hit, which has something to do with both wads having their own take on the archer knight enemy. Could you please give me advice on how to make my own patch for this?
Combine_Kegan

Post by Combine_Kegan »

SiFi270 wrote:When playing this with Hellbarde, the zombieman replacement's arrows kill you in one hit, which has something to do with both wads having their own take on the archer knight enemy. Could you please give me advice on how to make my own patch for this?
Looks like the names of GMOTA's Archers are the same as Hellbarde's. I'll look into changing the names of GMOTA's archers and see if that helps. It also looks like some of the Hellfos projectile names share names with Hellbarde as well,I'm not sure how far I want to go in editing this, I'm also seeing a lot of other warnings and errors, this just might not be a mapset that can be played with GMOTA.

Edit: On closer inspection, looks like some of those warnings and errors just pop up when Hellbarde is booted up. I'll just rename the actors and things should be fine, so that'll be in the coming update.
Combine_Kegan

Re: GMOTA: Fantasy arcade action, UPDATE 4/43/2018 [V1.2]

Post by Combine_Kegan »

V1.2 is now live, bugs squashed and balance tweaks in effect now!
RustyController

Re: GMOTA: Fantasy arcade action, UPDATE 4/3/2018 [V1.2]

Post by RustyController »

Thank you for moving the sword throw to primary fire at least, it feels a lot better now!

In case you are curious i play GMOTA using a mobility boosting mod called "JPMobility" viewtopic.php?f=43&t=53665 ,makes blaz playthroughs really wild/fast paced, this of course is my opinion and GMOTA in of itself is amazing on its own! Please keep making awsome content kegan!
Combine_Kegan

Post by Combine_Kegan »

RustyController wrote:Thank you for moving the sword throw to primary fire at least, it feels a lot better now!

In case you are curious i play GMOTA using a mobility boosting mod called "JPMobility" viewtopic.php?f=43&t=53665 ,makes blaz playthroughs really wild/fast paced, this of course is my opinion and GMOTA in of itself is amazing on its own! Please keep making awsome content kegan!
Your comments got me thinking really hard about the sword throw, and after this change I agree: Moving the sword throw to primary fire was the right choice. Your criticism is appreciated dude. I'm also surprised that mod works with GMOTA, I'll have to let the creator know about that.
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

Out of curiosity, does Doomslayer have a BFG?
Combine_Kegan

Post by Combine_Kegan »

Gideon020 wrote:Out of curiosity, does Doomslayer have a BFG?
It was something I kinda debated on over awhile, but I went with the berserk rune over a traditional BFG to keep with the melee focus of the mod.
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

Works for me.
Irrevenant

Post by Irrevenant »

I have to say I didn't have a problem with the sword throw before, myself. I thought it felt better prepping a throw without having to swing first.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”