GMOTA: Fantasy arcade action (last post here 4-18-23)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
PresBarackbar

Re: GMOTA: Fantasy arcade action, UPDATE 12/4/2019 [V1.4]

Post by PresBarackbar »

I must be dense or have missed it somewhere...but how do you activate the Sentinel Arms as Kustam?
Combine_Kegan

Post by Combine_Kegan »

PresBarackbar wrote:I must be dense or have missed it somewhere...but how do you activate the Sentinel Arms as Kustam?
The use item key, same as Blaz's fatal draw, you'll need a full meter first of course
Doomedbot

Post by Doomedbot »

This mod would fit perfect with golden souls 2 there just one issue with running them together the jump doesn't work you don't jump as high as you need to go play :cry:
HolyHeadcrab

Post by HolyHeadcrab »

Doomedbot wrote:This mod would fit perfect with golden souls 2 there just one issue with running them together the jump doesn't work you don't jump as high as you need to go play :cry:
Super Mario Agilities will fix that for you.
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=61742

That being said, Golden Souls 2 really isn't meant to be played with anything else. It's gonna break stuff.
Ninobanaani

Post by Ninobanaani »

Oh shit, new update? What a treat!
Aepoh
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Aepoh »

Combine_Kegan wrote:
PresBarackbar wrote:I must be dense or have missed it somewhere...but how do you activate the Sentinel Arms as Kustam?
The use item key, same as Blaz's fatal draw, you'll need a full meter first of course
I think the reason people might be missing out on how to use the sentinel arms could be because you made the meter white. When I first got the powerup I thought the meter started as empty and had to be filled up before it could be used.
Aepoh
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Aepoh »

I've played Gmota for a bit with a couple different WADs with each character, and I have to say that Doomslayer doesn't quite feel on the same level Blaz or Kustam. I'm not sure if I'm missing something, but Doomslayer doesn't seem to have many high damage burst options to deal with the crazier maps like in Scythe 2. I'm not sure what in Slayer's kit is good, compared to Kustam and Blaz since they only have 2 weapons. I feel like I'm missing something.
Fureyon

Post by Fureyon »

Slayer plays more or less like the vanilla Doom Marine, but I'd argue that every weapon deals more damage relative to their vanilla counterpart. Slayer's thing is speed, he can dance around enemies far easier than the other characters and his access to bombs and knives ensure you always have something to use. Enemies killed with the sword drop ammo in case you find yourself running low. In this character's case, the burst damage comes from using bombs and knives. Otherwise his weapons do have very high DPS.
Combine_Kegan

Re: GMOTA: Fantasy arcade action, UPDATE 8/18/2020 [V1.4.1]

Post by Combine_Kegan »

Don't get too excited now, but I made a small update fixing the crashing issue on Zandronum online when taking crushing damage.
Doctrine Gamer

Re: GMOTA: Fantasy arcade action, NEW UPDATE 3/9/2015 [V0.9.

Post by Doctrine Gamer »

Cryomundus wrote: I mean, a lot of maps kinda depend on you having ranged weapons. In particular the rocket launcher, that's pretty much one of Doomguy's go-to weapons. It'd be kinda hard to kill icon of sin style boss's without having a ranged explosive. I can't imagine trying to do something like Dark Tartarus without any ranged weaponry.
Although the mod is more update in relation to this comment, I really still have this problem with Blazkowicz and Kustam.
I tried all the long-range projectiles but they don't seem to behave like rocket launchers and it is impossible to kill Icon of Sin.
Combine_Kegan

Post by Combine_Kegan »

Doctrine Gamer wrote:
Cryomundus wrote: I mean, a lot of maps kinda depend on you having ranged weapons. In particular the rocket launcher, that's pretty much one of Doomguy's go-to weapons. It'd be kinda hard to kill icon of sin style boss's without having a ranged explosive. I can't imagine trying to do something like Dark Tartarus without any ranged weaponry.
Although the mod is more update in relation to this comment, I really still have this problem with Blazkowicz and Kustam.
I tried all the long-range projectiles but they don't seem to behave like rocket launchers and it is impossible to kill Icon of Sin.
Well, Blaz's half-charged wave cannon should be enough to attack an icon of sin tucked away into an odd spot, and Kustam's fully charged pistol causes a massive hitscan explosion, which should also be enough to attack the romero head.
Doctrine Gamer

Post by Doctrine Gamer »

Combine_Kegan wrote:
Doctrine Gamer wrote:
Well, Blaz's half-charged wave cannon should be enough to attack an icon of sin tucked away into an odd spot, and Kustam's fully charged pistol causes a massive hitscan explosion, which should also be enough to attack the romero head.

I will do more tests on your mod, other than this problem I found is an excellent mod, very fun.
rhyrhygogo

Post by rhyrhygogo »

The mod has been fun so far! one question though and it's a dumb one: How to cycle through subweapons/secondary fire or items.
JohnDoe8

Post by JohnDoe8 »

rhyrhygogo wrote:The mod has been fun so far! one question though and it's a dumb one: How to cycle through subweapons/secondary fire or items.
They get replaced by picking up a new one I think.
Combine_Kegan

Post by Combine_Kegan »

rhyrhygogo wrote:The mod has been fun so far! one question though and it's a dumb one: How to cycle through subweapons/secondary fire or items.
Yeah, what JohnDoe said, you'll need to pick up different subweapons to swap that stuff out

Return to “Gameplay Mods”