GMOTA: Fantasy arcade action (last post here 4-18-23)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Combine_Kegan

Re: GMOTA: Fantasy arcade action, NEW UPDATE 3/16/2018 [V1.0

Post by Combine_Kegan »

And we're live! Check the first page for the download link!
YukesVonFaust

Post by YukesVonFaust »

HOLY FREAKING BLAZ IT'S HERE
GOTTA DOWNLOAD IT NOW
Bigger C

Post by Bigger C »

THE HYPE IS VERY FUCKING REAL.
affandede

Post by affandede »

First bug report:

Don't know why but sometimes you can't pickup small bullet gems. You can still get combined bullet+shotgun ammo from bigger enemies but place gets littered with small bullet gems you can't pickup even if you don't have any bullet ammo. Experienced this odd bug on third map of Scythe2.
Funky Gnoll

Post by Funky Gnoll »

Chivalry: IS TURBO

nah for real this mod is hot stuff, nice job!
Bigger C

Post by Bigger C »

JESUS FUCK I MEANT TO GO TO SLEEP 2 HOURS AGO.

GMOTA IS A HELLUVA DRUG.
Combine_Kegan

Post by Combine_Kegan »

affandede wrote:First bug report:

Don't know why but sometimes you can't pickup small bullet gems. You can still get combined bullet+shotgun ammo from bigger enemies but place gets littered with small bullet gems you can't pickup even if you don't have any bullet ammo. Experienced this odd bug on third map of Scythe2.
You used the give all cheat, didn't you? The give all cheat will give the player all ammunition types, so you have blazter bullets alongside your ammunition for the Doomslayer's repeater
affandede

Post by affandede »

Combine_Kegan wrote:

You used the give all cheat, didn't you? The give all cheat will give the player all ammunition types, so you have blazter bullets alongside your ammunition for the Doomslayer's repeater
No Keagan, I didn't. Tried some other map packs like Maps of Chaos, Hellbound and Equinox, it just occurs on Scythe 2. And it is always on third map. Did you make any wad-specific scripting like in Guncaster mod? (For instance, it had some funny intermission screens if you play the mod with vanilla iwads.)

By the way, AMAZING mod. I am having a blast with New gothic movement right now and just discovered you have to destroy bonelord's bones.
Combine_Kegan

Post by Combine_Kegan »

affandede wrote:
Combine_Kegan wrote:

No Keagan, I didn't. Tried some other map packs like Maps of Chaos, Hellbound and Equinox, it just occurs on Scythe 2. And it is always on third map. Did you make any wad-specific scripting like in Guncaster mod? (For instance, it had some funny intermission screens if you play the mod with vanilla iwads.)

By the way, AMAZING mod. I am having a blast with New gothic movement right now and just discovered you have to destroy bonelord's bones.
Ah wait, no, I see what happened, you picked up some backpacks, which gave you some of Blaz's ammo stuff. Unfortunately I can't stop the backpack from doing that, but I know a fix for that. I'll apply that later today. Thank you for pointing this out, and I'm glad you're enjoying the mod thus far
SiFi270

Post by SiFi270 »

Doom Slayer goes really well with the Consolation Prize version of Outcast Levels. Especially when...
Spoiler:
EDIT: Also, I've noticed that Hell Knights bleed green nashgore-esque blood but still leave red decals on the wall. Lastly, what does the Wrath Caster's alt fire do? Edit the second: Not sure how I missed that the first time I picked it up.
Last edited by SiFi270 on Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
affandede

Post by affandede »

I am not a modding guru but I think all Blaz ammo types can be excluded from backpacks in DoomSlayer class, and vice versa. Still, as I said am no modding guru but just speaking from my own limited modding experience.
john190

Post by john190 »

Who the hell is Kustan?
affandede

Post by affandede »

john190 wrote:Who the hell is Kustan?
Dabbling with mod files, are we?
john190

Post by john190 »

affandede wrote:
No. I saw it on the exit screen. It said: Kustan will eventually join the struggle.
affandede

Post by affandede »

john190 wrote:
affandede wrote:
No. I saw it on the exit screen. It said: Kustan will eventually join the struggle.
Oh. It was the name of a sub-folder in decorate files, so I thought...

As for the Kustan (and Samson), guess they are additional characters we can hope to see in future versions.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”