GMOTA: Fantasy arcade action (last post here 4-18-23)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Cryomundus

Re: GMOTA: Fantasy themed, arcade inspired, gameplay mod [V0

Post by Cryomundus »

Yessss, you made them separate powerups! I'll have to give this a go tomorrow and let you know, this is quickly becoming one of my favorites!
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

weldone, now that's got better.
LostSkull

Post by LostSkull »

Love it!
Tux

Post by Tux »

Is not working invulsphere a feature?
LostSkull

Post by LostSkull »

Aw,man! I got the elbow dash subweapon and it's so freaking awesome! It feels like playing Wario, but in the Doom universe. :D
Cryomundus

Post by Cryomundus »

Tux wrote:Is not working invulsphere a feature?
Apparently if you pick up a sub-weapon and you have an invuln sphere up, you will lose that effect.

That used to happen in Brutal Doom as well, if you performed a fatality, you'd lose the invuln effect as well. It was eventually fixed for it, so I'm assuming that can be done for here as well. (as I think what happens is the player changes states upon picking up the powerup, which is what I think also occured in older versions of BD as well.)
LostSkull

Post by LostSkull »

Btw, can someone help me with the Caco, Baron and Knight's bloods platter being in wrong color?
Combine_Kegan

Post by Combine_Kegan »

LostSkull wrote:Btw, can someone help me with the Caco, Baron and Knight's bloods platter being in wrong color?
That's a quirk with the new blood mod I've added, if I were to have it set were different monsters spray their old blood colors, I'd have to replace the monster entirely, hurting GMOTA's compatibility with other mods. Surely it's not that big of a deal

Also, good news everyone, I fixed the issue with the overheal/over armor bars getting all jacked up on different resolutions. V1.0 will have that new fix, along with the other subweapons and spells.
LostSkull

Post by LostSkull »

Combine_Kegan wrote:That's a quirk with the new blood mod I've added, if I were to have it set were different monsters spray their old blood colors, I'd have to replace the monster entirely, hurting GMOTA's compatibility with other mods. Surely it's not that big of a deal
Understood. Meh, I can live with it. :)
LostSkull

Post by LostSkull »

Would be so neat if the shield power-up would actually reflect the projectiles back to the monsters, hurting them about 2.5% more than it would've hurt you.
Just a thought. :)

EDIT: Sorry for double post :bang:
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

LostSkull wrote:Would be so neat if the shield power-up would actually reflect the projectiles back to the monsters, hurting them about 2.5% more than it would've hurt you.
Like some kind of punishment for the monsters attacking huh? I think it's a good idea.

I'd vote for this one :cheers:
LostSkull

Post by LostSkull »

Endless123 wrote:
LostSkull wrote:Would be so neat if the shield power-up would actually reflect the projectiles back to the monsters, hurting them about 2.5% more than it would've hurt you.
Like some kind of punishment for the monsters attacking huh? I think it's a good idea.

I'd vote for this one :cheers:
:D
Shadelight

Post by Shadelight »

I went medieval on their asses.
Tux

Post by Tux »

2.5%?
you sure? :P
LostSkull

Post by LostSkull »

Tux wrote:
2.5%?
you sure? :P
I just noticed that it also reflects hitscans, so the best thing would be to only reflect the projectiles from Caco's, Knights, Barons and Arachnotrons. The damage given from the reflect to the monster should be the same as given to you. Forget the 2.5% increase, that would be dangerous on UV and Nightmare :o

Return to “Gameplay Mods”