GMOTA: Fantasy arcade action (last post here 4-18-23)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
jhonbeta

Re: GMOTA: Fantasy arcade action, UPDATE 4/3/2018 [V1.2]

Post by jhonbeta »

hello the mod. I liked. I passed the original doom, with this mod, and I am playing with other maps and I am eager to have the new version with the new character that is great, it hurts me that I can not donate, because of my economy :( . I hope you do not abandon this project, because I see a lot of future. :D :D
Combine_Kegan

Post by Combine_Kegan »

jhonbeta wrote:hello the mod. I liked. I passed the original doom, with this mod, and I am playing with other maps and I am eager to have the new version with the new character that is great, it hurts me that I can not donate, because of my economy :( . I hope you do not abandon this project, because I see a lot of future. :D :D
I'm glad you enjoy it so much, that's more than enough for me, and don't worry, it's not abandoned. I'm currently working on the next playable character right now, actually!
souio

Post by souio »

This is a very awesome mod. Actually gives me good Demonsteele vibes except you turned it into a Capcom game (I take it Capcom arcade games was one of the main influences for this). One additional feature that I think would be amazing, but probably difficult to implement, would be beat-em-up style health gauges for the enemies that you fight. One of my favorite things about hack n slash games was watching their health bar whittle down and watching some of the enemies fall at the speed they do would be incredibly satisfying.

Keep up the great work and can't wait for the third character!
thedeathrunner123
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Pro
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by thedeathrunner123 »

you could use target spy or jp hud health bar, universal health bars to use. this lets you beat up an enemy and watch their health whittle as you beat them. target spy is EXTREMELY customizable.
LOLANONIMUS

Post by LOLANONIMUS »

Hey kegan could you make the mod be used in heretic?
Twitchy2019

Post by Twitchy2019 »

So, could we get a way to make the custom music used by Blaz also be used by the Doomslayer?
Ryuhi

Post by Ryuhi »

warman2012 wrote:So, could we get a way to make the custom music used by Blaz also be used by the Doomslayer?
Each character is going to have their own theme to the music. Doomslayer keeps the default as he is themed kinda like doomguy, but you can always use custom music addons if you'd like. There's even a SNES jukebox that works great: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=49073
vidumec

Post by vidumec »

using Wrath while wielding Thunderbuss crashes the game with "called without valid caller. Thunderbuss expected". Called from state thunderbuss 116

latest (3.7.2) gzdoom version. Something something stricter engine code checks in newer versions break mods left and right.
thedeathrunner123

any idea when we might be able to expect V1.3? a date preferably?
Combine_Kegan

Post by Combine_Kegan »

vidumec wrote:using Wrath while wielding Thunderbuss crashes the game with "called without valid caller. Thunderbuss expected". Called from state thunderbuss 116

latest (3.7.2) gzdoom version. Something something stricter engine code checks in newer versions break mods left and right.
When you say Wrath are you talking about the Berserk Rune? Because yeah, my friend pointed that bug out and it's been squashed for this upcoming version, turns out the newer GZDoom versions throw a big hissyfit if you take a weapon out of order.

thedeathrunner123 wrote:any idea when we might be able to expect V1.3? a date preferably?
No dates yet. Still got a lot to do before this update's done, need to finish up Knightmare mode, get some new sprites for one of the monsters, player sprites for Kustam, add the ability to pick up and throw barrels for all of the heroes, and a few other surprises.
vidumec

Post by vidumec »

yea the berserk rune

got confused by the WrathCaster actor
thedeathrunner123

Combine_Kegan wrote:
vidumec wrote:using Wrath while wielding Thunderbuss crashes the game with "called without valid caller. Thunderbuss expected". Called from state thunderbuss 116

When you say Wrath are you talking about the Berserk Rune? Because yeah, my friend pointed that bug out and it's been squashed for this upcoming version, turns out the newer GZDoom versions throw a big hissyfit if you take a weapon out of order.

thedeathrunner123 wrote:any idea when we might be able to expect V1.3? a date preferably?
No dates yet. Still got a lot to do before this update's done, need to finish up Knightmare mode, get some new sprites for one of the monsters, player sprites for Kustam, add the ability to pick up and throw barrels for all of the heroes, and a few other surprises.
That throwing barrels sounds AMAZING, this will be a great update.
vidumec

Post by vidumec »

ive made a GLDEFS addon to add some dynamic lights to monsters' and player's spells and projectiles (and items)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1qsjw2rdb7ky0 ... l.wad?dl=0

there might be some things i missed - the amount of actors is HUGE.

PS: feel free to add it to your mod, and modify it however you wish!
Combine_Kegan

Post by Combine_Kegan »

vidumec wrote:ive made a GLDEFS addon to add some dynamic lights to monsters' and player's spells and projectiles (and items)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1qsjw2rdb7ky0 ... l.wad?dl=0

there might be some things i missed - the amount of actors is HUGE.

PS: feel free to add it to your mod, and modify it however you wish!
Wow, not gonna lie. the GLDEFs on the item pickups looks especially nice, I like the pulsating light on the weapon/upgrade trophy stands.I'll be adding this to the coming update. Thank you!
Spoke too soon, this currently doesn't play nice with Zandronum and I have no experience with GLDEF stuff. Sorry man.
Dhise

Post by Dhise »

I love projects that keep being worked on over the years. Glad to see this is still being improved. Awesome mod man.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”