XRe-GEN aka Crazy Doom (Beta 3)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Crazy Doom (Beta v0.9)- Canceled

Postby The Zombie Killer » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:00 am

wildweasel wrote:
ArcheKruz wrote:Well, he deleted everything in a fit of rage. We won't be seeing his "genius coding" any time soon.

God damn it. I'm going to have to start issuing board warnings about blanking posts, aren't I?

Either that or the forum needs an "edit history" feature
User avatar
The Zombie Killer
King of the Kangaroos
 
Joined: 14 Jul 2011
Location: Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
Discord: Zombie#1795

Re: Crazy Doom (Beta v0.9)- Canceled

Postby edward850 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:03 am

Endless123 wrote:It's the way he did it that made me upset.

Is it because we committed the heinous crime of playing it in a ZDoom netgame, despite no note in your original post indicating that it was a multiplayer mod?
User avatar
edward850
[netcode intensifies]
 
Joined: 20 Jul 2005
Location: New Zealand

Re: Crazy Doom (Beta v0.9)- Canceled

Postby Endless123 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:07 am

ArcheKruz wrote:Endless123 : So what you're telling me is that this whole thing is an ego trip for you. Because this is how you're phrasing it to me, you have a problem because Edward made a public video on youtube perfectly exposing every single problem with your mod and why it's not great. You're telling me this by the way you had your tantrum at Edward. Instead of taking on the feedback and working on improving your mod, you instead decided to spend that energy into becoming an insufferable cunt to the very person offering you feedback.

Seriously, what the fuck do you hope to accomplish here?


Nothing because obviously you don't get it. It's not an ego trip as you said. It's a matter of dignity. I'm not expecting you to understand right away but in a point in your life you will eventually want to keep you dignity. You said i did nothing to improve my mod. you can't be farther from the truth. Honestly i really did. But who cares anyway. This project is canceled and it will stay
canceled.

@ torridGristle: look at the video and you will understand.
Endless123
 
Joined: 28 Aug 2013

Re: Crazy Doom (Beta v0.9)- Canceled

Postby torridgristle » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:09 am

Endless123 wrote:look at the video and you will understand.


I have a few thoughts but I want to know from you what bothered you about it .
User avatar
torridgristle
Sprites will be 120% tall in the game.
 
Joined: 23 Aug 2013

Re: Crazy Doom (Beta v0.9)- Canceled

Postby Endless123 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:11 am

edward850 wrote:
Endless123 wrote:It's the way he did it that made me upset.

Is it because we committed the heinous crime of playing it in a ZDoom netgame, despite no note in your original post indicating that it was a multiplayer mod?


Explain something to me Edward, why you think all the mods posted on this forum are by default co-op while most of them are made with single player in mind?

Anyway as i said earlier the mod is dead so why continuing arguing about it.
Endless123
 
Joined: 28 Aug 2013

Re: Crazy Doom (Beta v0.9)- Canceled

Postby wildweasel » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:12 am

Endless123 wrote:Explain something to me Edward, why you think all the mods posted on this forum are by default co-op while most of them are made with single player in mind?

Because very, very few people ever actually say that co-op doesn't work?
User avatar
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead
 
Joined: 16 Jul 2003

Re: Crazy Doom (Beta v0.9)- Canceled

Postby Freya Mánibrandr » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:27 am

Endless123 wrote:
ArcheKruz wrote:Endless123 : So what you're telling me is that this whole thing is an ego trip for you. Because this is how you're phrasing it to me, you have a problem because Edward made a public video on youtube perfectly exposing every single problem with your mod and why it's not great. You're telling me this by the way you had your tantrum at Edward. Instead of taking on the feedback and working on improving your mod, you instead decided to spend that energy into becoming an insufferable cunt to the very person offering you feedback.

Seriously, what the fuck do you hope to accomplish here?


Nothing because obviously you don't get it. It's not an ego trip as you said. It's a matter of dignity. I'm not expecting you to understand right away but in a point in your life you will eventually want to keep you dignity. You said i did nothing to improve my mod. you can't be farther from the truth. Honestly i really did. But who cares anyway. This project is canceled and it will stay
canceled.

@ torridGristle: look at the video and you will understand.


Oh i understand perfectly! You took your ball and went home, crying all the way because Edward dared to hurt your oh so fragile ego by not slathering your work it glowering praise. Edward cannot attack your dignity, because you have shown that you have none to begin with.

If you had any dignity, the mod would have still been in the thread, and the problems would have already been worked on and you would have already released a fixed version. But here we are, you're still bitching about Edward, you took your mod down, and blanked your opening post, without any demonstrable improvements, I must add.
User avatar
Freya Mánibrandr
 
Joined: 26 Aug 2012

Re: Crazy Doom (Beta v0.9)- Canceled

Postby Endless123 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:40 am

Tell me one thing, why shall i release my mod here after what happened? Are you seriously thinking i'll be stupid enough to do the same mistake twice? If i release the fixed version i will not doing it here that's why this topic should be closed or deleted. I made a big mistake by posting my mod here and i won't do it again. The end.
Endless123
 
Joined: 28 Aug 2013

Re: Crazy Doom (Beta v0.9)- Canceled

Postby edward850 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:42 am

Endless123 wrote:Explain something to me Edward, why you think all the mods posted on this forum are by default co-op while most of them are made with single player in mind?.

"Most" is a rather strong word. In a forum with 1858 project threads, with vastly more due to the dedicated projects thread being a recent addition to this forum (and this isn't even the original ZDoom forums at that), it would be very tricky to identify the actual majority of multiplayer compatible mods. Not including the ones that are posted here that aren't actually ZDoom compatible at all. And also not including the ones that don't know if they are compatible or not, resulting in insane clown cars.
So it stands to reason that the only way you can be sure is by trying. If you don't state your intention, people just have to fill in the blanks themselves, and seeing as I'm a person who would rather something have multiplayer support then not (Which is kinda bias, considering what my current "project" is at the moment. :P), I will naturally try it. And sure enough it worked.
User avatar
edward850
[netcode intensifies]
 
Joined: 20 Jul 2005
Location: New Zealand

Re: Crazy Doom (Beta v0.9)- Canceled

Postby Freya Mánibrandr » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:44 am

Endless123 wrote:Tell me one thing, why shall i release my mod here after what happened? Are you seriously thinking i'll be stupid enough to do the same mistake twice? If i release the fixed version i will not doing it here that's why this topic should be closed or deleted. I made a big mistake by posting my mod here and i won't do it again. The end.


Translation : Screw you guys, I am taking my balls elsewhere where it would be sucked!

(As a matter of record: this user was warned for the majority of their behavior in this thread, including other posts besides this one. -mgmt)
User avatar
Freya Mánibrandr
 
Joined: 26 Aug 2012

Re: Crazy Doom (Beta v0.9)- Canceled

Postby Endless123 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:47 am

ArcheKruz wrote:
Endless123 wrote:Tell me one thing, why shall i release my mod here after what happened? Are you seriously thinking i'll be stupid enough to do the same mistake twice? If i release the fixed version i will not doing it here that's why this topic should be closed or deleted. I made a big mistake by posting my mod here and i won't do it again. The end.


Translation : Screw you guys, I am taking my balls elsewhere where it would be sucked!


:lol: really funny, and they say i'm rude :lol:
Endless123
 
Joined: 28 Aug 2013

Re: Crazy Doom (Beta v0.9)- Canceled

Postby Cardboard Marty » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:55 am

Sure, let's all be assholes because we can be! That sounds like fun, right?

I have no idea what it is with you guys and negativity, but it's ridiculous. You post an hour long video ridiculing somebody else's work and you don't expect some kind of negative hurt reaction? Had this been the environment when I first joined this community I would've never thrived and I would've lost interest in modding for Doom. You can post and do whatever you very well please with someone's work if they put it up for public consumption, but have AT LEAST little bit of tact, will you? Not everybody's mod is going to be Cacoward material or break new ground, but we all start from somewhere. This kind of stupid shit has been going on in what seems like every other thread here in the projects sub-forum these days, and I'm a bit sick of it.

Endless123, I encourage you to put up the mod again, even if it's not here. Hopefully you'll find some critics who aren't trying to make a punchline out of your work.
User avatar
Cardboard Marty
"WHAT??? YOU are telling me the guy just updates when ever he wants?"
 
Joined: 23 Oct 2004
Location: Blue Vertigo HQ
Discord: Cardboard Marty#1337
Twitch ID: CarlosAtBV

Re: Crazy Doom (Beta v0.9)- Canceled

Postby torridgristle » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:58 am

A group of people recorded a video wherein they laughed at a mod, essentially insulted the author, and then claimed that the author has an inflated ego because the author wouldn't grin and bear it.

A list of complaints would have been fine, but an hour long video? It's not only a terrible way of getting your point across (blowing a few paragraphs into an hour of video), it's also rude to laugh at people. Endless123 didn't do anything wrong, they just made a bad mod like most entry-level modders. An hour long video of a group of adults (who should know how to act in social situations) laughing at this kid is just going to drive them away. It's highly unlikely people would even listen to the criticism in the video. I'm sure someone has but it doesn't seem like the sort of thing that yields positive outcomes and I'm certain Edward and his friends know this.

It's just bullying under the guise of "Mod Criticism". You're all bullying this kid and you can't understand why someone would remove the subject of the bullying (their mod)--it's an attempt at making you stop.

And wanting to be treated with a bit of respect isn't comparable to "wanting your balls sucked". That's an extremely immature response.
User avatar
torridgristle
Sprites will be 120% tall in the game.
 
Joined: 23 Aug 2013

Re: Crazy Doom (Beta v0.9)- Canceled

Postby wildweasel » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:08 am

Yeah, you know what, I'm not going to sit back and watch this happen anymore. I'll admit that I didn't watch Edward's video at all, but this discussion has quickly gone past "defense and rebuttal" and into the realm of unpleasantness.

If this discussion is to continue, I'd much rather see both parties calmly explain themselves in a manner that does not make any attempt at insulting the other.

[edit] And you know what, I think some apologies (from both sides) are probably also in order.
User avatar
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead
 
Joined: 16 Jul 2003

Re: Crazy Doom (Beta v0.9)- Canceled

Postby Captain J » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:09 am

well, least i picked up some of glitches or flaws on this wad, and i smelt the good modding wad after that. but crazy, because suddenly this happend.

also i hope endless didn't deleted the whole thing, not seriously. it's pretty sad too.
User avatar
Captain J
That's Amoreee
 
 
 
Joined: 02 Oct 2012
Location: A Year old Pizza Box
Discord: DiscussJ#3128

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Captain J, Gezzdt, Rodman909, ValeriePalerie, VitSm and 18 guests