XRe-GEN aka Crazy Doom (Beta 3)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Endless123

XRe-GEN aka Crazy Doom (Beta 3)

Post by Endless123 »

Project revived

First i'd like to apologize to everyone for my behavior lately specially to Edward850 , i misjudged him and i'm sorry about that.

Now this version of the old Crazy Doom has been totally reworked. With lots of help from my brother, Blue Shadow and Edward850( yes you are reading it right lol) the HUD is fixed, the animations are fixed(even the SSG which has more frames than i though). What i kept from the old CD is pretty much almost everything. I won't say it's perfect but i think it's ready for a partial release(partial because there is still 2 things i want to add to this mod but they aren't essential to the mod).

NOTE : Single Player Only, Co-Op hasn't been tested

Before any more babbling here is the credits list
Spoiler:
A little screenshot now of all the elements present
Spoiler:
The gameplay :

What to expect ...

Auto-regeneration of health and armor along with Ki
Use of Ki to create rockets and cells
R-Launcher shots rocket twice as powerful as normal - Secondary attack/fonction - creates 1 rocket for 100 Ki points
Chaingun still shoots rockets as secondary attack but the rockets do normal damage
Plasmagun still refills the cells but also cost 100 Ki points to creat a cell of 50 units
SSG still shoots BFG balls (far less powerful than a normal BFG shot), now with animation fixed and sounds
The BFG remains unchanged except for the animation.
Shotgun is same but sounds and animation are now synchronized.
The fists now are affected by the berserk, like in normal doom the damages are amplified upon picking up a berserk pack
The Chainsaw/GunSaw remains the same for now (i might remove or replace the secondary attack because the animation frames i made with GIMP aren't showing at the right place)
The pistol is the same except for the secondary attack - now throws a grenade

New stuff in this update ...
Spoiler:
Till next time take care :)

Mod History
Spoiler:
NEW LINKS

Beta 3 with GunSaw : http://www.mediafire.com/download/2ib0r ... enGSB3.pk3

Beta 3 with RuneSaw : http://www.mediafire.com/download/2ry9g ... enRSB3.pk3

On a side note i'm working on an slightly improved HUD. Here is a screenshot of what it looks like so far
Spoiler:
Please notify me of any bug(s)/unwanted effects you encountered and i will do my best to fix the problem quickly. I have played and tested my mod but i'm not an elite player so there is still a possibility bugs show up only in certain wads or maps. I had tested it with Dark 7, Doom 2, TNT and Plutonia and i haven't met any bug.
Last edited by Endless123 on Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:23 am, edited 20 times in total.
Endless123

Re: Buff Damages (Beta v0.1)

Post by Endless123 »

New update aviable - see first post
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Kappes Buur »

The HUD is nice and clean looking. but I don't like the blue gradient trim.
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

Kappes Buur wrote:The HUD is nice and clean looking. but I don't like the blue gradient trim.
I know it can represent something people might not like that's why in the next update i will separate the hud from the rest of the mod. It's still a beta and i need people like you to test it and give me feedbacks . It's still not balanced and i'm planning to change the weapons's models because right now the default models aren't fitting with their new projectiles.

In short there is a lot of things to do before i consider it complete.
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

New update aviable

New stuff in this version ...

New HUD(i removed the previous one)

Now the hud looks like this : (I was playing Weapon of Saturn mod with my hud)

Weapon tag and icon are both displayed

All weapons now have a secondary fire

Plasma pistol shots a 3-shots burst
Shotgun shots a 3-mini missiles volley
SSG shots a 3-small BFG shots volley
Minigun shots a 5 mini missiles volley
Rocket Launcher shots a 5 rockets spread
Plasmagun shots a burst of 5 plasma balls
BFG9000 shots a 3 full damage BFG balls

Each shot of the BFG costs 30 energy cells and the secondary fire cost 120 energy cells
I reduced the damage on all weapons except the BFG.

I also separate the hud from the rest of the mod.

Link for BETA V0.3 WITH HUD

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ejaln ... taV0_3.pk3

If you prefer without my hud here is the link

BETAv0.3 WHITOUT HUD

http://www.mediafire.com/download/uyqc9 ... 3NoHUD.pk3

Finally if you want to try my hud with other mods here is the link

MY HUD

http://www.mediafire.com/download/pbe68 ... ephud1.pk3

That's all for now.

I won't be making updates anytime soon for 2 reasons

1 - I need more time to learn about creating sprites and models for each weapons(i could use stuff already aviable but it won't be the same as if i made them myself)

2 - I'll have less free time to mod games, not only Doom but also Diablo 2, NWN and some others - well at least for a few weeks if not a few months.

In the meantime, i'll be coming on the forum to check for stuff and of course to check your feedbacks and suggestions.

Well stay well guys and girls, enjoy my mod :D

See ya all !
Last edited by Endless123 on Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Endless123

Re: Buff Damages (Beta v0.5)

Post by Endless123 »

I had some free time earlier today and i slightly modified my mod

New changes are minors

- I lower the damage factor for hard and nightmare difficulty. no point playing a mod you the player can't survive the first map.

- New HUD : i only change the clip location and i added the doomguy face. I also change a few colors. If you don't like the colors feel free to modify the SBARINFO.txt in my mod and change the colors to those you want. You can also include my HUD in your mod if you want. I tried it with Brutal Doom and the patch v2.4 and it's working perfectly. Unfortunately it doesn't fit all resolutions and of course i don't think it can be used for widescreen play. But if you like it enough and have the knowledge to make it compatible with most resolutions including widescreen feel free to do so.

Here is the new links :

Full mod with new hud

http://www.mediafire.com/download/3f5uf ... taV0_5.pk3

Mod without new hud

http://www.mediafire.com/download/da1jb ... 5NoHUD.pk3

And finally my new HUD only

http://www.mediafire.com/download/lesge ... ephud2.pk3

Note : I still need your inputs guys, i'd like to balance it so players would like it. Any feedbacks and advises are welcome.

P.S. : I'd like to apologize about the many updates in such a short time. The updates will be less frequent from now on.
Tomicapo

Post by Tomicapo »

-I pretty like very much the job you make with the HUD is awesome, also good mod you do a great job i like that. :mrgreen:
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

Thanks for the feedback :)

Sorry for the stupid question but which version of my mod did you played? I ask because i released a few and there are lots of big changes in the difficulty settings, weapons power and altfire. I'm planning to remove all medkits and stimpacks and replace them with some kind of augmented defense or maybe a regeneration if i get the permission to use the lines of codes related to that.

Also shall i raise the difficulty or lower it? Weapons are a bit overpowered if the mod is played at normal but i haven't test it much at hard and nightmare. I try to make a balanced mod that could be played by noob and at the same time represent a good challenge for hardcore Doom gamers.

Anyway, thanks for your feedbacks and i'll do my best to make this mod a good one. I'm not aiming for the homerun like Project MSX, Weapons of Saturn and Brutal Doom (Honestly i don't think i'll surpass those mods but i'll do my best :) )
Tomicapo

Post by Tomicapo »

I play the latest version.You release.
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

OK, I'll release beta 0.7 by the end pf the week if everything goes as planned. Major changes in the weapons department, specially for all secondary fire of the each weapon. I'll have to change the name of my mod though lol

BTW, i'm sorry you had to cancel your mod. Of course it had bugs but ALL new mods have bugs. Just remember this, even Windows has lots of bugs each time Microsoft release a new version lol It's part of all new stuff.
Tomicapo

Post by Tomicapo »

Thanks for your words bro. Also your mod is better than mine and you have a lot of great ideas that you can use with other mods you want to do.
I wish you very good luck with that . :D
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

I'm working on a new version of my mod. SOOOO many things i changed and i succeed for the player's regeneration while moving, i'm trying to make some kind of regenerative armor that slowly regenerate using the same codes i used for the hp regen but no luck so far. I might have to ask MagSigmaX (from Project MSX) how to do it if i can't figure out how to do it myself soon lol.
Endless123

Re: Crazy Doom (Beta v0.8)

Post by Endless123 »

Well where to begins,

First i changed the name of my mod for Crazy Doom

Second, once again i changed a few thing in my HUD - now the HUD elements aren't hiding the weapon in use

Third, now the player has a regeneration of hit points and armor ONLY when doing an action, meaning staying in a corner won't regenerate anything but any actions will regenerate both health and armor of 1 point. To make things more interesting i removed all armors and healing stuff.

Fourth, I changed almost all secondary attacks and i restored most of normal attacks.

Here's the changes on weapons.

Fist - Normal attack is the same
Alt Fist Attack - Fires a plasma ball if the player has energy cells, if not it does anything

Plasma Pistol is the same for both normal and alt attack

Shotgun - Normal attack shoots normal but does more damages and fires faster than normal
Alt Shotgun Attack - Still shoots rockets but only if the player has rockets

SSG - Normal attack as original Doom 2 SSG but shoots faster and is stronger
Alt SSG Attack - Shoots a small BFG ball (less damages than the BFG shots) but only if the player has cells

Minigun - Normal attack as original Doom
Alt Minigun Attack - Shoots a volley of 3 rockets if the player has rockets

Rocket Launcher is the same for both attacks

Plasmagun - Normal attack is the same as the default
Alt Plasmagun Attack - Shoots a BFG ball (once again, it' does less damages than the BFG shots)

BFG9000 - Same as the original Doom but does great damages
Alt BFG9000 Attack - Shoots what i called "The Destroyer Shot", try it on a Cyberdemon and you'll know why lol
The shot cost a lot of energy cells and can only be used twice if the player has 999 energy cells

I also rearranged the difficulty levels as follow :

Normal Hell - Same as before
Normal Hell Challenge - Ennemies have 10 times their normal Hit points and Ammo factor is normal instead of double

Hard As Hell - Enemies have 5 times their normal Hit points and do double damages
Hard As Hell Challenge - Enemies have 10 times their normal Hit points, do double damages and ammo are at normal rate instead of double

Nightmare In Hell -Enemies do double damage, have 10 times more Hit Points and spawn non-stop
Ultimate Nightmare - Enemies do double damage on you, have 10 times more Hit Points and spawn non-stop and ammo rate is normal instead of double

And now the new screenshots :

And now the mod itself

http://www.mediafire.com/download/7xd90 ... taV0_8.pk3

I'm panning something nice for this mod in a near future after i solve a few issues - that will be for the next update :D

As always your comments, feedback and advises are welcome :)

That's all for now.
Endless123

Re: Crazy Doom (Beta v0.9)

Post by Endless123 »

Changes made :

1 - When entering in pain state the player becomes invisible, not a big perk but anyway.
2 - The Chainsaw now has a secondary attack shooting bullets in group but it's not usable if you don't have any bullets
3 - I removed ALL remaining armor bonus, health bonus and soulsphere/megasphere
4 - I kept the invulnerability sphere
5 - Added sprites and sounds from Sergeant Mark IV and SigFloyd Brutal Doom 19 and SE

Screenshots :
Spoiler:
Of course it's far from perfect and as always your comments and suggestions are welcome.

Link to Crazy Doom beta 0.9Rev1 - Sounds and Sprites sorted

http://www.mediafire.com/download/2prl5 ... _9Rev1.pk3

Enjoy :D

Credits : Sergeant Mark IV and SigFloyd for their great work on Brutal Doom which inspired me a lot :D
Endless123

Re: Crazy Doom (Beta v0.9)

Post by Endless123 »

I must apologize to those who already downloaded Beta 0.9 because i didn't post the right file. I edited my post above with the right file and i did the same for the first post of this thread.

In case you don't like to search here is the link - http://www.mediafire.com/download/2prl5 ... _9Rev1.pk3

Apologizes again for the this error.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”