XRe-GEN aka Crazy Doom (Beta 3)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
twinkieman93

Re: Crazy Doom (Beta v0.9)

Post by twinkieman93 »

edward850 wrote:
Master of Disasters wrote:Some of you guys are being a bit antagonistic, and The Masters of Insanity shouldn't have been so harsh,
I'm starting to get really confused by this statement. As far as anybody will let on, we were harsh because we didn't tell the mod author that he is the best mod maker of all time and his mod is the pinnacle of mods.
Okay, tad exaggeration, but someone needs to fill me in as to what was actually harsh about said blind review of said mod.
They're saying you're harsh because you railed on it pretty hard, justifiably so in my opinion, while not giving any suggestions on how to fix it. This is because people apparently don't understand the difference between a review and a critique, and there IS a difference as you pointed out.
edward850

Post by edward850 »

twinkieman93 wrote:This is because people apparently don't understand the difference between a review and a critique, and there IS a difference as you pointed out.
Reviews and suggestions. Review and critique are the same words (in this context). :P
I'm mostly asking this because this is the first video to gain this sort of response, so it's unexpected to say the least. If we have done this before, what made this mod/video so unique?
twinkieman93

Post by twinkieman93 »

edward850 wrote:
twinkieman93 wrote:This is because people apparently don't understand the difference between a review and a critique, and there IS a difference as you pointed out.
Reviews and suggestions. Review and critique are the same words (in this context). :P
I'm mostly asking this because this is the first video to gain this sort of response, so it's unexpected to say the least. If we have done this before, what made this mod/video so unique?
It was a combination of the fact that you left out the post-game summary and suggestions out, and the fact that there are some people who naturally white knight for things no matter what it is they're white knighting for.
Master of Disasters

Post by Master of Disasters »

twinkieman93 wrote:It was a combination of the fact that you left out the post-game summary and suggestions out, and the fact that there are some people who naturally white knight for things no matter what it is they're white knighting for.
If you think I'm white knighting, I'm not.
This mod is complete garbage, but unlike other awful users like Squishybrick who was lazy, Endless123 is clueless:
Endless123 wrote:Since i don't have all the knowledge i need to make it becomes a very good project. For now it's really an experimental mod and it's far from being completed. That's why i need your help guys.
As I already said, this wasn't a very noticeable line, and I missed it the first time I read the original post as well. Of course he still messed up, he should have asked questions in the "How do I..." thread, but I can't blame him for getting angry for being insulted instead of receiving a link to a tutorial.
edward850 wrote:...someone needs to fill me in as to what was actually harsh about said blind review of said mod.
As Twinkieman said, but I can understand how you wouldn't be able to give constructive criticism to a wad with no structure, I know I would have given the same review.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

whoa, this mod is sure crazy indeed. no offence, but it needs to be less crazy with fixing some troubles;
Spoiler: i'll delete those images soon enough after author watched it.
after that, i smell a good modding. keep going.
Mánibranðr System
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Re: Crazy Doom (Beta v0.9)- Canceled

Post by Mánibranðr System »

Well, he deleted everything in a fit of rage. We won't be seeing his "genius coding" any time soon.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

ArcheKruz wrote:Well, he deleted everything in a fit of rage. We won't be seeing his "genius coding" any time soon.
God damn it. I'm going to have to start issuing board warnings about blanking posts, aren't I?
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

ArcheKruz wrote:Well, he deleted everything in a fit of rage. We won't be seeing his "genius coding" any time soon.
You are only half-right one this one. I didn't deleted it out rage i did it because i wanted to do it the right way and to do that i had to delete the old files and create new ones. Now almost everything is fixed except for the chainsaw. All animations for the other weapons are fixed along with some other stuff. However since no one is interested in the modifications i made to improve my mod i don't think i'll ever release it. Maybe for the best lol. And yes you won't be seeing my "genius coding" anytime soon.

@ wildweasel : you are an admin are you? well do me a favor, just delete this topic. it worth nothing anymore and it will avoid dead topic bumping.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Endless123 wrote:@ wildweasel : you are an admin are you? well do me a favor, just delete this topic. it worth nothing anymore and it will avoid dead topic bumping.
I've been through this exact scenario yesterday and my answer remains the same: I will not.
Mánibranðr System

Endless123 wrote:
You are only half-right one this one. I didn't deleted it out rage i did it because i wanted to do it the right way and to do that i had to delete the old files and create new ones. Now almost everything is fixed except for the chainsaw. All animations for the other weapons are fixed along with some other stuff. However since no one is interested in the modifications i made to improve my mod i don't think i'll ever release it. Maybe for the best lol. And yes you won't be seeing my "genius coding" anytime soon.
Sorry, but no, considering that you have taken to following Edward around on the forums to whine at him at every opportunity for making his video rightfully criticizing your mod. The only conclusion that can be drawn from this is that you're in a state of complete colon capitulation.
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

Interesting lol, yeah at first he was right but tell me something. If somebody takes one of your mod and drag it into the dirt and do a video with it, how will you react? I'm sure you won't stay quiet and you will at least try to defend your own mod and then do modifications to make it better. That's exactly what i did but with every changes i made I only got Edward's negative feedbacks and you are surprised i might be upset? If you go down a street and start arguing about how the guy in the corner is dressed and you tell him he sucks because you don't like what he wears i pretty sure the guy won't take long to talk back and defend his point. Such things are also to be expected in a forum.

It's not the negative comments i can't take, Edward wasn't the first one and probably not the last one either. It's the way he did it that made me upset. If he release a mod i'll surely try it and praise his work if i like the mod. My point is the way he choose to show the flaws of my mod, that's what i'm upset with. It's not the negative comments. Yeah i know at first my mod wasn't really ready to be released and contained lots of flaws mostly because of my lack of knowledge. But know that i know what i'm doing with the files and understand stuff like decorate, mapinfo and replaces i think i can do way better.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Endless123 wrote:Interesting lol, yeah at first he was right but tell me something. If somebody takes one of your mod and drag it into the dirt and do a video with it
I don't recall it being "dragged" and a video is as valid of a medium for a review as anything else. And...uh, there were more people in that video than just Edward, right?
Mánibranðr System

Endless123 : So what you're telling me is that this whole thing is an ego trip for you. Because this is how you're phrasing it to me, you have a problem because Edward made a public video on youtube perfectly exposing every single problem with your mod and why it's not great. You're telling me this by the way you had your tantrum at Edward. Instead of taking on the feedback and working on improving your mod, you instead decided to spend that energy into becoming an insufferable cunt to the very person offering you feedback.

Seriously, what the fuck do you hope to accomplish here?
torridgristle

Post by torridgristle »

Endless123 wrote:It's the way he did it that made me upset.
What exactly are you referring to? Just that it was a video, something in the video?
Yholl

Post by Yholl »

Endless123 wrote:Interesting lol, yeah at first he was right but tell me something. If somebody takes one of your mod and drag it into the dirt and do a video with it, how will you react? I'm sure you won't stay quiet and you will at least try to defend your own mod and then do modifications to make it better.
I would explain my design decisions, and talk with people about what could be changed to make it more playable and fun, without violating those design decisions. Unless those decisions are just not going to work, in the end.
Endless123 wrote:If you go down a street and start arguing about how the guy in the corner is dressed and you tell him he sucks because you don't like what he wears i pretty sure the guy won't take long to talk back and defend his point. Such things are also to be expected in a forum.
If you go to a popular fashion designer and start telling them how much their designs suck, and you yourself have almost no experience with clothing design, I am sure they will defend their work quite heatedly. However, the situation is reversed here.
This would be a more accurate analogy.
Last edited by Yholl on Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”