Immoral Conduct: Decorate Edition [UPDATE: 8-1-2019]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Crudux Cruo

Re: [UPDATE] Immoral Conduct

Post by Crudux Cruo »

Snarboo wrote:I noticed your recent change, weasel! The behavior of the weapon pickups varies between EDGE versions. In 1.35, you get a full magazine upon picking up any weapon, even a dropped one, but in 1.27, weapons that are dropped give you half ammo, so you usually get half a clip. Not sure how to handle this yet, but the pickups need work.
This is a tricky one. isn't there a way to make dropped weapons give half ammo? i think that would be best for the balance of the mod and more what CW intended. BTW, i'm having a blast working on this, its nice to dig into a project with other people. Thanks again hellser for opening this up for us on github.
wildweasel wrote:
Crudux Cruo wrote:oh poo. anyhow, i may take a whack at the shotgun alt attacks since noone else has gotten to it yet; if it was me i would change the grenade slug to a thrown grenade, much like another weapon i cant remember which on it was.
Remember, for now, we're trying to mimic as closely as possible the behavior of the original mod. I do recall the Flak Shotgun having a grenade-launch altfire, but I forget its specifics...
If you change the map to level 32 in edge, and go into the secret room, you'll find the rifle clips have the rifle style clip as a pickup. these give cell ammo.
Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

It's easy for a weapon to give you half ammo upon dropping, but in some cases a gun gave you more than a clip's worth of ammo, like the infantry rifle.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Crudux Cruo wrote:If you change the map to level 32 in edge, and go into the secret room, you'll find the rifle clips have the rifle style clip as a pickup. these give cell ammo.
Ah, found the culprit; rifle ammo uses CLIPA0 but was using CLIPB0.
Crudux Cruo

Post by Crudux Cruo »

Redid ICD_FlakRemington and gave it reloading, flak bomb AltFire, shell ejection for primary and secondary, created darker shell slug code for ejection, flak bomb actor.
Committed to github, update for effect :)

btw i forked from the snarboo branch, is that what i was supposed to do?
Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

I can make you a contributor on the main branch, or you can ask for a pull request!
Crudux Cruo

Post by Crudux Cruo »

probably the easiest thing to do is to make me a contributor. im not sure how to do the other one :/
Hellser
Global Moderator
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Hellser »

Don't worry, they'll tell you how. :P I'm new to Git as well. Or we could try googling. :)
Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

Added! :) Try to aim for accuracy with any changes if possible, and add comments wherever and whenever you modify code with your name so we can credit you.

Edit:
Be sure to leave good comments and descriptions when committing changes so we know what was changed and why, too!
Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

Alright, merged your fork into the Snarboo branch, Crudux Cruo! You also have direct access to this branch for future additions. :)

Edit:
Flak Remington is now fully implemented! It has the proper reload states, and can be picked up. It should also replace the regular Remington upon pickup.
Crudux Cruo

Post by Crudux Cruo »

Quick question: besides healing does beserk actually do anything?
scroton

Re: [HIATUS] Immoral Conduct

Post by scroton »

Hellser wrote:Don't forget, wildweasel, she turns on you (as does the other AI) if you shoot her enough. Not sure how that can be added in with DECORATE. Probably a small feature worth leaving out.
Just give them a custom painstate for the player's damagetypes that gives them an inventory counter, then have them a_changeflag FRIENDLY

wildweasel wrote: The only behavior I had trouble implementing was jumping; apparently EDGE's monster AI has support for making monsters jump up short ledges
Under what conditions do they jump up? If an enemy is within a certain distance, or just because, or what?
wildweasel wrote:I do not currently have a way to replicate the co-op replacement behavior, where a friendly marine has a small chance to spawn on Player Start 4, but I did at least remember to flag her to not appear in Deathmatch mode.
Do they spawn on the start if Player 4 is in game, or only if they're not in game, or it doesn't matter? A script that spawns them on a player's starting position, though not necessarily player 4 if that player isn't in the game, would be pretty easy to do.
Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

Cory Whittle completely replaced the player 4 spawns with a custom spawner that had a random chance of spawning a friendly marine. EDGE never really supported multiplayer, and DDF allows you to replace anything in the game with whatever you want.
scroton

Post by scroton »

Ah, I didn't know if that had already been addressed, since there wasn't any further mention of it in the thread.
Coraline

Post by Coraline »

Interesting to see ICD-SE remastered, but I'm thinking that it would probably...I don't know, best be remastered in 3DGE than in ZDoom, being that it was originally designed for EDGE, and Zdoom still can't replicate some of EDGE's features properly. 3DGE is quite capable of itself nowadays, and is only going to get better as it moves forward.

Though, it's nice to educate some of these kids on who the original king was 'round these parts ;-)

By the way, the DDF docs have been transplanted on the Wiki, so I just need to go through and continue to update the documentation, being that they were written for version 1.29. I might keep the old stuff in RED bgcolor for deprecated commands.
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

corynne wrote:Interesting to see ICD-SE remastered, but I'm thinking that it would probably...I don't know, best be remastered in 3DGE than in ZDoom, being that it was originally designed for EDGE, and Zdoom still can't replicate some of EDGE's features properly. 3DGE is quite capable of itself nowadays, and is only going to get better as it moves forward.
I haven't tried ICD-SE, but Don's Challenge E1 Demo (another, similarly heavy gameplay mod by the same developer) runs perfectly fine in 3DGE as-is without any editing or remastering required.

That said, I don't think the point of this mod is to "remaster" ICD-SE, but to port it to Zdoom as closely as possible so it can be played with other Zdoom mods and maps.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”