Immoral Conduct: Decorate Edition [UPDATE: 8-1-2019]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Snarboo

Re: [UPDATE] Immoral Conduct

Post by Snarboo »

Crudux Cruo wrote:technically speaking it would not be complete, on those grounds no. the mod really is defined by its monsters.
Well the idea isn't that this is finished, but rather that we have a solid release for people to test. That way they don't have to download the entire project off GitHub and then compile it. :p
Crudux Cruo

Post by Crudux Cruo »

OH. well sure then :P
Crudux Cruo

Post by Crudux Cruo »

I know this is a super necro bump, but I was in the mood for some immoral conduct and It made me think how CLOSE we got to finishing this.

- 40mm Grenade Launcher (Cell Pack) [Done, grenade needs work]
- .357 Magnum (Space Marine Corpses) [ToDo]
- 9mm Beretta [Done, add pickup]
- Sentry Turret (Backpack Pickup) [ToDo]
- Sentry Bot Remote [ToDo]
- Class 0
- Silenced .45 Pistol [Done, needs pickup]
- WolfSS [Todo]
- Archvile [ToDo]
- Pain Elemental [ToDo]
- Arachnotron [ToDo]
- Spider Mastermind [ToDo]
- Cyberdemon [ToDo]
Last edited by Crudux Cruo on Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:21 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Crudux Cruo

Post by Crudux Cruo »

Idk, may pick at this some more in my spare time. This truly is my all time favorite mod ever.

For anyone reading this, if you haven't heard of Cory Whittle, Immoral Conduct, ect. this was a EDGE mod back 13 ish years ago... you can still play it with 3dge with some errors.
This mod has a lot done already, it's worth a try.

Maybe one day Don's Challenge will be ported too, but that's a lot.
Hellser
Global Moderator
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Hellser »

If this was to be done, I might have to redo most of the code. ICD-SE referenced actors that was shared between different weapons or effects, where as I made whole new actors - not exactly a good idea. Probably why WW and Snarboo went "Narp!" when they saw my code. I have spare time coming up next week, I might take another stab at this. Most of everything is done, I just need to clean everything up and give them common names.
Crudux Cruo

Re: Immoral Conduct: Decorate Edition [UPDATE: 8-1-2019]

Post by Crudux Cruo »

Worthy of note:

ACTOR ICD_HelperSpawner : RandomSpawner replaces Megasphere
{
+FRIENDLY
DropItem "ICD_FriendlyRifleMarine"
// DropItem "ICD_FriendlyPistolMarine"
// DropItem "ICD_FriendlyM16Marine"
// DropItem "ICD_FriendlySSGMarine"
}

We apparently never got this on the TODO, but we still need to do the rest of the helper marines!
Also, we need to actually plug in the helpers into the game. Somewhere in the radius trigger scripts is the formula to spawn a friendly in a given map.

That's cool you're still willing to clean things up and such! when I get spare time I was going to try to complete the monsters and add the revolver in as I'm able to with my hectic schedule. Most of this stuff is pretty straightforward actually, though that friendly bot will be a tad tricky im sure of it.
Hellser
Global Moderator

Post by Hellser »

Yeah. I'll add that to the Todo. There's still some things though that needs to be tweaked or reworked completely. Namely how the Grenade Launcher reloads. It feels clunky to me - at least by code. I know ZScript is an option, but I'm going to try and stick with Decorate as much as possible. That's what I've envisioned this copy of ICD to be; a DDF->DECORATE copy (also the other excuse would be that I don't know ZScript).

I'll also consider about making the minimalist blood system optional for those who wish to use something like Nash's Vengeance Gore mod which does feel great with this.
Crudux Cruo

Post by Crudux Cruo »

Well, I was going to fix the code but the dead marine script seems to be identical to ICD... so thats one thing of the list. nothing to fix that I can tell.
NOTE: it has a VERY low chance of spawning, like in the original it's roughly 2% per dead marine corpse.

on another note, i have been tinkering with the 40mm and found the sweet spot to be:

same speed, 30... could stand to be a little faster just so it's easier to arch.

BounceFactor 0.75
WallBounceFactor 0.35

A_FireProjectile("ICD_40mmGrenade",0,1,5,-2,0,-4)

A_FireProjectile("ICD_40mmSmokenade",0,1,5,-2,0,-4)

IT WAS:

Bouncefactor 0.5 (no wallbounce)

and A_Firecustommissile("ICD_40mmGrenade",0,1,5,-2,0,4)
A_Firecustommissile("ICD_40mmSmokenade",0,1,5,-2,0,4)

my problem right now is that the projectile is more sensitive to height differentials than in EDGE... those steps are catching the projectile and hurling it back. I have no idea how to fix that because it's more how the engine detects projectiles than the decorate code.

ALSO was wondering if its a -NOGRAVITY projectile, how is it being dragged by gravity?

Edit: DERP.

BounceFactor 0.65
WallBounceFactor 0.30
gravity 0.8

almost spot on physics.
Hellser
Global Moderator

Post by Hellser »

Thanks. That feels a little better.
Hellser
Global Moderator

Post by Hellser »

Made a push to the new Git Repository. The weapon damages of all bullet based weapons (thus far) should be close to accurate.
Crudux Cruo

Post by Crudux Cruo »

I think i have the arachnotron just about nailed. here's the files :)

-40mm redux
-Arachnotron
-added a line in sndinfo for the arachny
Attachments
8-6-19 = CC 40mm & Arachnotron.zip
Newly coded arachnotron - basically the same but with a slower attack and less health...
(4.07 KiB) Downloaded 31 times
durbdoogle

Post by durbdoogle »

Wow a flurry of activity after a long sleep. Super excited that this might be completed!
Crudux Cruo

Post by Crudux Cruo »

There's so little left to do honestly, the monsters were basically vanilla except for the zombies. I had been meaning to try to press on earlier back but i had so many things happen between now and then, projects and life... the others too.
If you want to help you're more than welcome to do so, even if it's just playtesting/comparing versions with the original.
And i don't know if this will ever materialize, but... would love to bring DCDEMO to gzdoom. it's cory whittle's magnus opus for sure. it would be quite an undertaking, one i'm not up to doing myself.
UnbornDecay25

Post by UnbornDecay25 »

Dont know wheather to grab this right now, or wait till its finished
durbdoogle

Post by durbdoogle »

Crudux Cruo wrote:There's so little left to do honestly, the monsters were basically vanilla except for the zombies. I had been meaning to try to press on earlier back but i had so many things happen between now and then, projects and life... the others too.
If you want to help you're more than welcome to do so, even if it's just playtesting/comparing versions with the original.
And i don't know if this will ever materialize, but... would love to bring DCDEMO to gzdoom. it's cory whittle's magnus opus for sure. it would be quite an undertaking, one i'm not up to doing myself.
Hmm, I could try some playtesting when I get back to my PC. At best, right now, all I have is my phone and Delta Touch with that older mod, Immoral Conduct ZDSP:

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=48036

Return to “Gameplay Mods”