[WIP/Release] Brutal Doom SE

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
SigFloyd

Re: Brutal Doom v19 SE

Post by SigFloyd »

Big C wrote:
SigFloyd wrote:Wow, Mediafire's dicking with me. It shows that the file has been updated, but when I download it myself, it's the old one. I've had to make a new link to the updated file in the OP.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/czlhs ... Addons.zip
Let me know if it works. There should be a "BDSE Shootable Corpses" and "BDSE Old Chainsaw Attack" in there.
Mediafire says that the link is expired and/or taken down by the author.
I've fixed the link in the main post, but I'll post the new one here as well.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/wyt9w ... Addons.zip
Galaxyman

Post by Galaxyman »

SigFloyd wrote:I've added a persistent blood and gore mutator to the addon pack. However, I've noticed blood decals can still start disappearing if you hit a decal limit. Besides that, they no longer time out on their own.
Just been trying the mutator and pretty much all the blood on the floor still disappears much like in the original v19. Blood splatter on walls lasts longer but also disappears. Is this decal limit adjustable or built into the doom engine? However I noticed that the gibs , brains etc stay forever now. Great to have the shootable corpses back makes it so much more fun 8-)

Possible bug report: sometimes when doing kicks the gun I am holding randomly disappears and can't punch or use weapons anymore until I restart the game.
Last edited by Galaxyman on Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SigFloyd

Post by SigFloyd »

Galaxyman wrote: Possible bug report: sometimes when doing kicks the gun I am holding randomly disappears and can't punch or use weapons anymore until I restart the game.
Thanks for pointing that out. That was a really nasty, but simple bug with the rocket launcher in the No Reloads addon. It's fixed now. :thumb:

EDIT: I've found the culprit in the mysterious disappearing blood spots. Turns out it wasn't related to decal limits. The addons pack has been updated yet again.
Galaxyman

Post by Galaxyman »

SigFloyd wrote:
Galaxyman wrote: Possible bug report: sometimes when doing kicks the gun I am holding randomly disappears and can't punch or use weapons anymore until I restart the game.
Thanks for pointing that out. That was a really nasty, but simple bug with the rocket launcher in the No Reloads addon. It's fixed now. :thumb:

EDIT: I've found the culprit in the mysterious disappearing blood spots. Turns out it wasn't related to decal limits. The addons pack has been updated yet again.
Cool. Looking forward to trying it out after I get home from work. This is by far the most FUN mod of the fantastic brutal doom :thumb:
southpark2010

Post by southpark2010 »

It might be a bit hard with the new code, but is there a way of allowing the player to interrupt the Shotgun's reloading? The 7+1 feature is still quite cool, though.
SigFloyd

Post by SigFloyd »

southpark2010 wrote:It might be a bit hard with the new code, but is there a way of allowing the player to interrupt the Shotgun's reloading? The 7+1 feature is still quite cool, though.
Now that you mention it, wow. That was a huge oversight on my part. A quick fix is provided below for the time being. I'll have to update the main file tomorrow. Also about the new reloading, I've grappled with it before but got stumped each time. And then one night after mulling over it again, it hit me. Just rewrite the whole reloading thing!
Attachments
7+1 Shotgun Fix.pk3
(12.68 KiB) Downloaded 82 times
Galaxyman

Post by Galaxyman »

SigFloyd wrote: EDIT: I've found the culprit in the mysterious disappearing blood spots. Turns out it wasn't related to decal limits. The addons pack has been updated yet again.
I just tried it .... and I have to say I am lovin' it! The majority of the blood does actually stay now, some of it still disappears from doors and some walls (not all walls it seems), but on the floor it stays permanent. This is fantastic, it really enhances the brutal doom experience. This, along with destroyable corpses, enhanced weapons (particularly love the RL alt-fire) is now the must-have version of Brutal Doom as far as I'm concerned. My hats off to you for actually listening to what people want and working hard to implement these ideas.

I won't be seen outside of my room for a week now :mrgreen:
coolster

Post by coolster »

Those shootable corpses and removed janitor, SigFloyd you are amazing, you just made not only a better version of Brutal Doom v19 but brought back features i missed.

Galaxyman about the blood dissappearing from your walls, check your cl_maxdecals in the console and see what is the limit set to, normally it is 1024, set it to something ridiculous so your blood will probably never dissappear in any level.
Galaxyman

Post by Galaxyman »

coolster wrote:Those shootable corpses and removed janitor, SigFloyd you are amazing, you just made not only a better version of Brutal Doom v19 but brought back features i missed.

Galaxyman about the blood dissappearing from your walls, check your cl_maxdecals in the console and see what is the limit set to, normally it is 1024, set it to something ridiculous so your blood will probably never dissappear in any level.
Hey Coolster, I tried setting the cl_maxdecals to some outrageous number in the console and it worked. All blood splatter on walls, doors etc stays. Especially awesome on levels that require backtracking (e.g E1M3) and see all the blood and gore still there, rather than completely gone like in the original BD. The janitor has no place here. Good riddance :D

We have found the holy grail of Brutal doom right here. SigFloyd you sir are a legend.
PaskaTykki

Post by PaskaTykki »

Very nice that realistic Pump Shotgun reload. Now it does't need every time cocking when reload. :) Also corpses fly very nice from explosion.
I notice wall eat sometime corpses when corpse fly from explosion.
Rifle iron sight shot have bigger recoil than hip fire. This work backwards or is it intend?
Rocket Launcher main shot doesn't have recoil, but secondary shot have.
southpark2010

Post by southpark2010 »

More comments:

1,) Fists seem to have a delay when being deselected. Assuming it should be as quick as the other weapons?

2,) Could you make the time window for the side kicks a bit bigger?

3,) It seems like the bloody mess of gibs that is left from shooting a corpse can be blown up by kicking it with berserk, but not by shooting it again.

4,) It seems like fatalities don't always occur, the enemies will die like normal (the worst was the Pain Elemental where I took unavoidable splash damage).

5,) Does the crawling Hellknight ever appear anymore? I haven't seen him in a long time.
Hellstorm Archon
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Post by Hellstorm Archon »

Perhaps I've found replacement sprites for the railgun:
zrrion the insect wrote:I assume that's what it would be for, more importantly it looks cool.
And I have made a railgun:
Different muzzle colours wouldn't be any trouble, should blue not be your cup of tea.
SigFloyd

Post by SigFloyd »

Some new updates:
+ Polished up the Shotgun's reloading mechanics
+ Fixed fatality attacks sometimes not triggering fatalities when they should
+ Refined how the various Hell Knight deaths work
+ Fixed smashed remains being unshootable in the Shootable Corpses addon
PaskaTykki wrote:I notice wall eat sometime corpses when corpse fly from explosion.
That's a side effect of corpses being unshootable, since they have no collision at all. The addon that makes them shootable also fixes the flying corpses going through walls.
m4lmaster

Post by m4lmaster »

shooting corpses add-on is not working for me. :(
SigFloyd

Post by SigFloyd »

m4lmaster wrote:shooting corpses add-on is not working for me. :(
Just be sure to load it after the main pk3, or if you're certain that addon is what you're always going to use, you can open it up in WinRAR or whatever and put its contents into SE.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”