[WIP/Release] Brutal Doom SE

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Daniel2

Re: [WIP/Release] Brutal Doom SE

Post by Daniel2 »

When i try this mod i have huge freezes when i use chainsaw, (i have somewhat high end PC) and with the BDSE_19_Actors_Fixed version i dont have anymore this but i have micro lags here and there constantly. vanilla BD works flawlessly on my PC.

BD Jhonny and Project brutality both gives me thoose constant wierd micro lags. basicaly every BD modification i tried are giving me micro lags while vanilla BD works just normaly.

PS : i tried theese mods without changing anything or adding any fancy stuff (high res textures etc, nothing was added!). I even removed lights.pk3 and brightmaps.pk3 just to see what was the real problem :S
Any help would be greatly apreciated. I was planing to try Beyong Hell and Earth with BDSE after see this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4F7WoHPXYNw but it just dont work, byhae.pk3 dont even load, i laod in normal Doom 2 map 1 entryway :S
worldendDominator

Post by worldendDominator »

That's an interesting video. Was that wad designed for BDSE? It has dying animations for custom enemies and stuff.
Daniel2

Post by Daniel2 »

I do not know, i asked in the video comments, you can do same, waiting for an answer :S
shotfan

Post by shotfan »

worldendDominator wrote:
That's an interesting video. Was that wad designed for BDSE? It has dying animations for custom enemies and stuff.
Regarding that video - can somebody explain to me how that "Hellish Rifle" appeared in BDSE? I played it (BDSE) sometime ago, and there were only the weapons from base BD. I did not see that weapon mentioned in the features' list on the first page either. So where does Hellish Rifle come form: is it from updated BDSE, or somewhere else (Project Brutality has a weapon that looks and functions the same - the Inferno mode of Hell Rifle... :?: )?
worldendDominator

I've looked into it. Beyond Hell and Earth is designed for BD and cannot run without it. Its custom enemies have gorn, special death animations, fatalities and so on.
Playing it right now, it's cool.
shotfan wrote:Regarding that video - can somebody explain to me how that "Hellish Rifle" appeared in BDSE? I played it (BDSE) sometime ago, and there were only the weapons from base BD. I did not see that weapon mentioned in the features' list on the first page either. So where does Hellish Rifle come form: is it from updated BDSE, or somewhere else (Project Brutality has a weapon that looks and functions the same - the Inferno mode of Hell Rifle... :?: )?
It's from the wad, not from BDSE. And it has a bug where it sometimes produces neck snap animations when you kill zombies with altfire :P
shotfan

Post by shotfan »

Thanks for the clarification. Wads that combine new maps with new guns are, well, new to me :D
Daniel2

Post by Daniel2 »

Btw i found mysel ehat video settings he uses. Texture resise HQ4x MMX, its the best after many tests. I might make a post to explain why, + aniso 16x and trilinear filtering.
Cacobus

Post by Cacobus »

Daniel2 wrote:Btw i found mysel ehat video settings he uses. Texture resise HQ4x MMX, its the best after many tests. I might make a post to explain why, + aniso 16x and trilinear filtering.
So did you ever figure out how to get BYHAE to run with Brutal doom SE?,and if so whats the trick too it?.Thanks
worldendDominator

Load order is important. BDSE first, BYHAE second. Use ZDL if you can't get it right.
Daniel2

Post by Daniel2 »

According to Project Brutality's readme file its first map files then mod file.

Extract from manual :

5. The load order should look something like this (from top to bottom)
a. (Map packs, Megawads, Wads, etc.)
b. Music Wads
c. PROJECT BRUTALITY 2.0
d. COMPATIBILITY PATCHES
e. HUD MODS f. Everything else

What to do?

e: made some test with this : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9W6PI ... ef=2&pli=1
It actualy works now with BD mod, i have to try now with BDSE (but BD SE is v19 as far as i know).
I tried the pack Beyong hell and earth packed with a BD mod in a single pk3 http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f= ... 89#p902154 . It worked but had some missing stuff (exclamation point in some maps) and i actualy saw no new weapons.

I stil havnt seen the red wierd rifle :(

Btw you were right its first : mod file then map file else it just dont load. Looks like PB manual is wrong. I was actualy searching for load order instructions few eeks ago as i am new to this new Doom thing that is zdoom etc but i couldnt find anything realy clear.

PS : the map design is realy nice. New monsters animations are also good etc.
Cacobus

Post by Cacobus »

Hey Daniel2,so let me get this straight,the BYHAE fix2 pk3 works with BD20b the newest version?is it a patch,that,I use with the BYHAE all in one version with Bd20b include in the pack? or do I run it with the latest version BD20b? Also interested to see if it runs with project brutality,or BDSE version 19.Thanks
Daniel2

Post by Daniel2 »

I tired it with bd 20b and it works, and i saw the new weapons and missing items. Concidering it is 17MB max it obv does not have BD in it ;)
Daniel2

Post by Daniel2 »

There is an effect making the whole screen shake wierdly when you fire (effect that is not so present in vanilla BD) that is just game breaking for me. Cant stand it :P

Btw no it does not work with BDSE. :F

Works with vanilla BD tho.
nin90

Post by nin90 »

This is driving me insane.
Either I use the normal SE pk3 and get the suiciding enemies or I use the fixed actors pk3 and get obnoxious stuttering.

It worked just fine back when I played a whole bunch back in 2014. I tried older builds of GZDoom but it didn't make any difference.

Are older builds of SE available somewhere?

EDIT: Actually, rolling back to an older version of GZDoom helped. I picked one at random but it's version 1.8.00
Using the regular pk3 and no suiciding enemies anymore.
Moktar

Post by Moktar »

Sorry for bumping a long-time dead thread, but I have been working on a bug-fixed version of BDSE, it contains some code from BD20 and BD21 but it still has a plenty number of bugs. I named it as Brutal DOOM X (BDX) as it is more like a fork.

The blood ported from BD21 is not totally functional and there are many performance issues and inconsistencies, along as the death behavior of most enemies and the new fatalities from BD20/BD21 that are not still ported. However, most features from modern builds of BD are intentionally disabled on this bug-fixed BDSE, things such as the f*** yourself, dual-guns and more.

It currently works with GZDOOM 4.2.4.

You are free to modify, enhance, upgrade or bug-fix this fork.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yVT_NX ... sp=sharing

(english is not my native language)

Return to “Gameplay Mods”