‌‎‎‎‎‏‏‏‏Fractal Doom v0.2.4b

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Sarcose

Re: [Released] Frăctal Doom

Post by Sarcose »

Man, I wish I had been recording this: on Map03 in Plutonia I got to the Archvile in the beginning and set down a minidoomguy to fuck him up. The archvile sets him on fire and blows him away, and right when he flies away he yells "FUCK YOURSELF!" then flies away. It was amazing.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Post by Matt »

Didn't lose it at the video, but I didn't have my headphones on.

Downloaded, played, lost it at
Spoiler:
and just had to stop playing for about three minutes while I eventually recovered.
zrrion the insect

Post by zrrion the insect »

This is perfection.
Triple S

Post by Triple S »

I don't really want to undermine the rest of the mod's awesomeness, because the entire mod is quite entertaining (and hard as balls)...

...but the mini marines are just absolutely wonderful. I find myself wanting mini marines for every mod now.

Can you imagine Samsara with full class compatibility? Perfect.

also the mini rocket marines are fucking scary, but do not ever nerf them please
Big C

Post by Big C »

I came for the mini-marines and stayed for the deflating mini-cacos.

This is glorious.
FireHusky

Post by FireHusky »

This looks really interesting! :o
I might give it a shot this weekend. I've never seen anyone (or heard anyone) have this idea! It's so cool and might be one of the more memorable mods.
I have a few questions, though. It looks like the smaller enemies have the same health as their originals (from the video) and they seem to be faster. Is their stats all the same?
One last question, will there be miniature cute cyberdemons that shoot adorable tiny rockets at you that doesn't do any damage, but push you back? That would be extremely funny! :D

But I will check out this mod this weekend, and will post what I think about it.
scroton

‌‎‎‎‎‏‏‏‏‏‪‪‪‪‪‬‬‬‬‭‭‭‭‮‮‮

Post by scroton »

I am hiding this here in the middle of the thread in an edited post rather than posting on the end of the thread because I do not wish to bump this thread and bring additional attention to this thread.

If you're reading this I am probably already banned. I am sorry that my post is faded, that must make it hard to read.

Since my work has been reuploaded to Best Ever by others save one version, I have gone ahead and uploaded the one missing version (zdoom monsters version) since withholding it didn't really accomplish anything.
Spoiler: Credits

Downloads:

Zandronum Version
--FOR SERVER ADMINS: Skill 2 is the difficulty level UV equivalent, not Skill 3
--Difficulty levels and some monsters are balanced for multiplayer
--Weapon Skins (unfortunately due to limitations, no crouching sprites and you'll run in place when stopped)
--Chance for Mini Marine to spawn on death
--Mini marine ammo given at start of level given if you already have only one, rather than only if you have no mini marine ammo
--Everything possible has +CLIENTSIDEONLY
--Bullets and projectiles pass through allies
--The left pistol (fired in single shot, not held) uses normal bullets rather than projectiles, this is in case having only projectiles would break compatibility with some maps
--Difficulty Levels:
  • (0)Geometric: UV spawns, 2x Ammo, Player only takes 80% Dmg, Monsters are more aggressive than vanilla (Agg = 0.4)
    (1)Recursive: UV spawns, 1.5x Ammo, Player only takes 90% Dmg, Monsters are more aggressive than vanilla (Agg = 0.6)
    (2)Fractal: UV spawns, Monsters are more aggressive than vanilla (Agg = 1.0)
    (3)Stochastic: NM spawns, 2x Ammo, Monsters are more aggressive than vanilla (Agg = 1.0), Fast Monsters
    (4)MultiFractal: NM spawns, 4x Ammo, Monsters are more aggressive than vanilla (Agg = 1.0), Fast Monsters, Monsters respawn
ZDoom Version
--Difficulty levels and some monsters are balanced for single player
--Mini marine spawn rate from pain state increased (though none spawn on death, unless you're holding one when you die)
--Bullet primary fires use bullets rather than fast projectiles
--Map-placed pickups are split into several pickups which each give less and occupy the same point
--Difficulty Levels:
  • Linear: HMP spawns, 2x Ammo, Player only takes 80% Dmg
    Euclidean: HMP spawns, 1.5x Ammo, Player only takes 90% Dmg
    Cartesian: UV spawns, 1.5x Ammo, Player only takes 90% Dmg
    Elliptic (Default): UV spawns, Monsters are more aggressive than vanilla (Agg = 0.2)
    Symplectic: UV spawns, Monsters are more aggressive than vanilla (Agg = 0.4)
    Recursive: UV spawns, 1.5x Ammo, Monsters are more aggressive than vanilla (Agg = 0.6)
    Fractal: UV spawns, 1.5x Ammo, Monsters are more aggressive than vanilla (Agg = 1.0)
    Stochastic: NM spawns, 2x Ammo, 1.5x Armor pickups (but not max armor), Monsters are more aggressive than vanilla (Agg = 1.0), MiniMarines have 2x health, Fast Monsters
    MultiFractal: NM spawns, 4x Ammo, 2x Armor pickups (but not max armor), Monsters are more aggressive than vanilla (Agg = 1.0), MiniMarines have 4x health, Fast Monsters, Monsters respawn
ZDoom Monster Version
--Only includes monsters, no weapons or any other modifications
--Does not include mini marines
--Should be compatible with most weapons mods and any other mods that don't replace monsters. If playing a wad that does replace monsters then load Fractal last. Let me know if there are any issues.

Zandronum Monster Version
--Only includes monsters, no weapons or any other modifications
--Does not include mini marines
--Some monsters balanced towards multiplayer
--Everything possible has +CLIENTSIDEONLY
--Should be compatible with most weapons mods and any other mods that don't replace monsters. If playing a wad that does replace monsters then load Fractal last. Let me know if there are any issues.[/spoiler]

All versions of project:

ZDoom Version
ZDoom Monster Version
Zandronum Version
Zandronum Monster Version
Last edited by scroton on Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:06 pm, edited 5 times in total.
scroton

Post by scroton »

Last edited by scroton on Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Abba Zabba

Re: [Released] Fractal Doom

Post by Abba Zabba »

Just started playing this mod today, and I have to say, it's awesome. It finds a way to both be hilarious and yet still serious and above all, lots and lots of fresh fun. One gripe though; why does the special alt-fire sound for the shotguns (and I think the pistol and chaingun too) have a timer on when it plays again? It would be great if the sound played everytime you did an alt fire, instead of like ever 2 seconds or so, but that's my opinion. I also like how you made the mini weapons movable from explosives. And don't get me started on the mini marines. 10/10
scroton

Post by scroton »

Last edited by scroton on Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Abba Zabba

Post by Abba Zabba »

Minor bug: mini mancubi don't have their sounds pitch shifted up.
yoshi314

Post by yoshi314 »

Big C wrote:I came for the mini-marines and stayed for the deflating mini-cacos.

This is glorious.
that is an understatement. my sides are still sore from yesterday's initial play session. this mod is hilarious.

only nitpick is that some mini zombie sounds have an odd metallic reverb on them that sounds a bit nasty (playing on gzdoom atm). could be something with my audio settings. same goes for mini marine's dying sound.

also, ammo limits could be raised a bit - with so much more enemies now it's possible to run out of ammo frequently, even on early levels.
Abba Zabba

Post by Abba Zabba »

Another little bug: mini barons and mini knights have red blood instead of green blood.
scroton

Post by scroton »

Last edited by scroton on Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
scroton

Post by scroton »

Last edited by scroton on Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”