BD Enhanced Edition v19g (UPDATED 25 oct 2014)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Hexereticdoom
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: BD Enhanced Edition v19g (UPDATED 25 oct 2014)

Post by Hexereticdoom »

wildweasel wrote:
CWolf wrote:I've got a little problem...
http://i.imgur.com/XAYHZ4J.png
SF_NOPULLIN is a pretty recent addition to ZDoom; you'll need a fairly new revision from http://devbuilds.drdteam.org/ to get it to run.
Exactly as you say, the actual version of BDEE requires now a more recent GZDoom dev build, due to newer scripts included. It won't work anymore with some older GZDoom releases, neither with the actual versions of the very-old coded Zandronum sourceport.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience... :|
noonecares

Post by noonecares »

CWolf wrote:I've got a little problem...
Try the 2.1. GZDoom dev build, it works for me.
SourFlame

Post by SourFlame »

Hey, could someone please share a good config file (zdoom-<user>.ini) with me? The bodies turn transparent, blood disappears, and I can't gib anything after it dies.
noonecares

Post by noonecares »

SourFlame wrote: The bodies turn transparent, blood disappears, and I can't gib anything after it dies.
Those are normal. Sgt Mark IV has removed damaging corpses in v19 for bug-testing. It's normal for blood to disappear over time.

If you mean the bodies look half-baried in the ground, go to Options > Display > OpenGL options > Preferences and set Adjust Sprite Clipping to Always.
VJ RAVEN

Post by VJ RAVEN »

Hello there Hexereticdoom

Is it possible if you can create an edition (or rather a mutator) for BRUTAL DOOM V19 which contains only the following two:

1. The tomb raider music for "A secret is revealed"
2. The Pickup sound from Brutal Doom V18a when we pick up Demonic Strength Rune, Megasphere, Soulsphere, Invulnerability and Radiation Suits

That would be really cool

Awaiting your reply soon
keep up the good work !!

Regards
VJ RAVEN
Hexereticdoom

Post by Hexereticdoom »

VJ RAVEN wrote:Hello there Hexereticdoom

Is it possible if you can create an edition (or rather a mutator) for BRUTAL DOOM V19 which contains only the following two:

2. The Pickup sound from Brutal Doom V18a when we pick up Demonic Strength Rune, Megasphere, Soulsphere, Invulnerability and Radiation Suits

Awaiting your reply soon
keep up the good work !!

Regards
VJ RAVEN
Hello, this small patch down here will do what you request. Just load it after Brutal Doom PK3 file for applying the sound changes correctly.

Have fun! :wink:
Attachments
PATCH-BDSOUND.PK3
(59.17 KiB) Downloaded 72 times
Legend

Post by Legend »

Hello, this small patch down here will do what you request. Just load it after Brutal Doom PK3 file for applying the sound changes correctly.

ATTACHMENTS
PATCH-BDSOUND.PK3
(59.17 KiB) Not downloaded y
Is that patch just those two sounds or all the bd sounds with them included?
Any chance that patch will work without brutal doom/se? Will it work with vanilla? If so, any chance of getting a wad version?
VJ RAVEN

Post by VJ RAVEN »

Hexereticdoom wrote:
VJ RAVEN wrote:Hello there Hexereticdoom

Awaiting your reply soon
keep up the good work !!

Regards
VJ RAVEN

Hello Again Friend Hexereticdoom

Thank you soooo much for your help !!!! :D

The sound effect works fine as if I was playing Brutal Doom V18a

Nice and Neat !!!!

Say will this sound patch work for Brutal Doom V20 (when it gets released) too ??

Regards
VJ Raven
Hexereticdoom

Post by Hexereticdoom »

VJ RAVEN wrote:Hello Again Friend Hexereticdoom

Thank you soooo much for your help !!!! :D

The sound effect works fine as if I was playing Brutal Doom V18a

Nice and Neat !!!!

Say will this sound patch work for Brutal Doom V20 (when it gets released) too ??

Regards
VJ Raven
You're welcome... :wink:

Well, it might work in future v20, unless Sgt. Mark IV changes something in last minute. But I think that will be an off-chance... :nope2:
VJ RAVEN

Post by VJ RAVEN »

Hi again Hexereticdoom

Hope you are enjoying Brutal Doom V20

The Sound patch which you created for me earlier with respect to Brutal Doom v19 is not working :( :(

Is it possible if you can create an edition (or rather a mutator) for BRUTAL DOOM V20 which contains only the following two:

1. The tomb raider music for "A secret is revealed" (This alone works)

Awaiting your reply soon

Sorry if I am troubling you :(

Thanks Again
VJ RAVEN
Hexereticdoom

Post by Hexereticdoom »

VJ RAVEN wrote:Hi again Hexereticdoom

The Sound patch which you created for me earlier with respect to Brutal Doom v19 is not working :( :(

Is it possible if you can create an edition (or rather a mutator) for BRUTAL DOOM V20 which contains only the following two:

Awaiting your reply soon

Thanks Again
VJ RAVEN
Hello again VJ RAVEN! :)

Not a problem at all, I've just created for you an updated sound patch for v20, you can download it from here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/b9jb6 ... 0SOUND.PK3

This one is a bit bigger, 'cause it includes some sounds missing in recent BD release.

Talking about v20, I've downloaded and tested it today, and... well... I've got the feeling that still needs a lot of polishment and bug fixing. There has been quite a lot of changes from previous v19, some of them are quite good, some other ones are not, in my opinion. It wouldn't be a strange thing to get available in a few weeks a v20a release; as I've said before, the mod still have some annoying bugs, like it has been prematurely released, despiting its previous beta versions. :?

What carries me to say, to everyone that is waiting to a Brutal Doom Enhanced Edition v20, please be patient, because I wouldn't like to release a 'too much buggy' version of it. So, for making at least a 'fairly good' one, it can take me some time for preparing, testing and polishing it. For now, please keep playing BDEE v19, that is still fairly stable and has very few bugs. As usual, I'll try to keep you informed as soon as fresh news get available!

See you soon, and have a nice doomsday... 8-)
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Hexereticdoom wrote: Talking about v20, I've downloaded and tested it today, and... well... I've got the feeling that still needs a lot of polishment and bug fixing. There has been quite a lot of changes from previous v19, some of them are quite good, some other ones are not, in my opinion.
Downloaded it too. Nice change on the new mechanics and such, but, half a year and that mod is still messed up like a teenager's room. Many unused sounds and sprites, horrible sprites for BFG and the armors, "classic" mode totally futile, bugs on weapon switches... i had to change things myself to have some fun.

I'm following your version Hex, BDEE sure got some good improvements! You, and Zaero with Infernal Doom made things on BD way more fun. :)
FreddBoy
Location: Wales. You know, where the men are men, and the sheep are scared.

Post by FreddBoy »

Glad to see you have started on BD EE for v20 Hexereticdoom, yours has always been my fave, as you always tried your hardest to balance out the mod.

Anyway, I do have one suggestion regarding the ammo ammounts, and as a whole I think they are spot on, but I always thought you were a little too generous with the max shotgun ammo.
I feel 100/200 was too high, and you could rapid fire away Willy nilly. If you capped it at 80/160 it follows the rest of your ammo counts (10x clip and 20x clip with backpack) while not being very noticeable, but still give you a healthy stock of shells.
But kudos on using the BFG for determining the max cell ammo, as 500/1000 if you used the plasma gun would be hilariously broken, especially since you can now dual wield them!
VJ RAVEN

Post by VJ RAVEN »

Hexereticdoom wrote:
VJ RAVEN wrote:Hi again Hexereticdoom

Awaiting your reply soon

Thanks Again
VJ RAVEN
Hello again VJ RAVEN! :)

Not a problem at all, I've just created for you an updated sound patch for v20, you can download it from here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/b9jb6 ... 0SOUND.PK3

This one is a bit bigger, 'cause it includes some sounds missing in recent BD release.

Talking about v20, I've downloaded and tested it today, and... well... I've got the feeling that still needs a lot of polishment and bug fixing. There has been quite a lot of changes from previous v19, some of them are quite good, some other ones are not, in my opinion. It wouldn't be a strange thing to get available in a few weeks a v20a release; as I've said before, the mod still have some annoying bugs, like it has been prematurely released, despiting its previous beta versions. :?

What carries me to say, to everyone that is waiting to a Brutal Doom Enhanced Edition v20, please be patient, because I wouldn't like to release a 'too much buggy' version of it. So, for making at least a 'fairly good' one, it can take me some time for preparing, testing and polishing it. For now, please keep playing BDEE v19, that is still fairly stable and has very few bugs. As usual, I'll try to keep you informed as soon as fresh news get available!

See you soon, and have a nice doomsday... 8-)

Hi HexereticDoom

Thank you so much for the Sound Patch Friend !!! :D :D :D

In my opinion, Brutal Doom must have the sounds from this patch :wink:

Speaking about Brutal Doom V20 being buggy.... I have noted a point (a very important one though)
The Hell Baron's quick triple plasma ball attack has been replaced with a longer to charge widespread attack (a new attack which is a good addition to the Baron's attacks)
But ever since losing the quick triple plasma ball attack (you will never know when he will use this quick attack making him potentially dangerous), the Baron has become a sort of easy enemy to deal with (In my opinion even easier than the V20 Zombie man ).....

This has kinda made me lose a little bit interest in playing Brutal Doom V20 when my favorite enemy has been made weak... :( :(

Either the triple ball quick attack must be retained or the new widespread attack must be a quickly charged one like the triple ball attack...

What is your opinion regarding this HexereticDoom ???

Can you add this important point to the changes you gonna make and release as Brutal Doom V20A ??? (I pray so :) )

Also I think you are the best person to finish the long pending Recurring Nightmare Map for Brutal Doom :) :) :) (Which I am wondering when will it be released)

Awaiting your reply

Cheers and Thanks
VJ Raven
cem26

Post by cem26 »

I heard v20 but it looks lie...

Return to “Gameplay Mods”