[WIP] Astrostein Redux v2

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Which Astrostein should be updated first?

Astrostein
95%
Astrostein 2
No votes
Astrostein 3
5%

Total votes: 20

Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: [WIP] Astrostein Redux v2

Post by Captain J »

TheRailgunner wrote:On that note, why not just rehand all of the guns with Mac/Jaguar hands? I'm actually a little serious about it - no matter how hard I try, I can't imagine Blazkowicz with Doomguy hands and gloves.
and even worse, jaguar wolf3d's hand is smaller than doomguy's. and scaling them could be cause the graphical errors, too. also they are out of variants.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

My solution for BJ-type hands is to take Caleb's and apply a grey version of that Call of Duty sleeve that I see everywhere.
Ed the Bat
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ed the Bat »

wildweasel wrote:My solution for BJ-type hands is to take Caleb's and apply a grey version of that Call of Duty sleeve that I see everywhere.
Caleb's hands look so shriveled and... well, old. I guess one could make the argument that BJ is malnourished from his stint in prison, but...
Patriot1776

Post by Patriot1776 »

Woolie Wool wrote:Why not shrink all the levels down by half or double the size of the player and all objects so they can be played in the correct scale like the original Mac versions?
I could give the scaling changes to the player and objects and enemies a try. Somebody link me up to the wiki pages showing how that's done. I'm waiting for the holidays to wind down and things get less hectic before I resume my level editing on this. Been participating in a lot of Christmas music concerts and programs this month and so I've been too burned out to wanna actually work on anything DooM-related, more just wanting to play and actually get in my 'Day of Rest' when I can. 8-)
Sgt. Shivers

Post by Sgt. Shivers »

Woolie Wool wrote:Why not shrink all the levels down by half or double the size of the player and all objects so they can be played in the correct scale like the original Mac versions?
I think you're mistaken there, woolie. Mac astrostein and doom astrostein have completely different levels.
xenoxols
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by xenoxols »

Made a modified version with dynamic lighting, and a few weapon tweaks/sprite changes.
Link:
https://www.mediafire.com/?3sa8k4gvyk9sxyw
Credits:
Zrrion the Insect
NMN
Zero Prophet
Reactor
Kronos
Midway
Gothic
MasterOFMorag
Eriance
Mechadon
And, of course Sgt. Shivers.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

oooh, some of sprites might be good for update specially ammos! although some of sounds are kinda outdated also some weapons uses the same sound. every puffs 'n projectiles has no decals at all, no bright flag when they are fired and cannot pickup the axe somehow.

otherwise quake and gl lights are really good idea to came up with, nice work! and if you're looking for improved version of mine, check here!

Return to “Gameplay Mods”