[1.9a] Insanity's Requiem Mk.2 | Updated Credits.

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Someone64

Re: [1.6c] Insanity's Requiem Mk.2 Oh Hey, It's not dead!

Post by Someone64 »

When using the Devastator while playing on the Jenesis megawad, the reload sprite is a texture from the megawad instead.
Also, using the monster pack with other weapon packs causes the monster pack to have missing sounds.
TiberiumSoul
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by TiberiumSoul »

yes thats because the monster pack is meant for insanity's requeim only as there are things in the main package that the enemies need, like the missing sounds you describe :P also in regard to jenisis idk man it's very likely that theres a texture in jenisis with the same name as the texture definitions for the Devastator
TiberiumSoul

Post by TiberiumSoul »

-Ghost- wrote:This mod has definitely come a long way, it's balanced pretty well now. The guns/sounds feel great too, though I do still kind of miss the Riddick voice.
I'm actually looking for someone to voice Ryan in this mod as im getting a bit bored with using Reaper. i want to keep his lines but have them be done with a different voice
Doomenator

Post by Doomenator »

I saw probably ten modifications of this mod but in fact the difference in them is not large. Version changed but problems remain. Not even considering the balance and some bugs.
The weapon still fires luminous paint. (It looks awful.)
The sight of the weapon is not returned back after recoil. (Not very convenient especially when using a sight. )
In the sniper mode weapon cannot be reload. (It would be nice to make auto reload and change weapons when out of ammo.)
After reload some ammo clips disappears immediately, and casings no. (Probably need to add more lags. Not to mention the fact that it looks weird.)
In the beginning of the level now has appeared a lag, because of blood system I think.
I feel sorry for the owners of weak computers looking at this:
Spoiler:
Personally, my interest for this mod has dropped to zero. :|
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

I would send you something if i could. But my equipments are terrible. I do still like this, however.
SeriousWeasle
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by SeriousWeasle »

I have just tried the new version of the mod, one thing I noticed is that I couldn't run like in the previous versions of the mod. I have tried different source ports, downloaded the newest build from drdteam and even removed gzdoom-[user].ini, which caused some problems with controls and mods in the past. None of this worked. So I would like to know if this is a bug or a feature.
Apeirogon

Post by Apeirogon »

SeriousWeasle wrote:I have just tried the new version of the mod, one thing I noticed is that I couldn't run like in the previous versions of the mod. I have tried different source ports, downloaded the newest build from drdteam and even removed gzdoom-[user].ini, which caused some problems with controls and mods in the past. None of this worked. So I would like to know if this is a bug or a feature.
Telepaths on vacation. What did say you gzdoom on crash?
Apeirogon

Post by Apeirogon »

Small gameplay video
https://youtu.be/wQ6xpBN9iDI

Mod summary

1. Tormentor has unlimited ammo (bug) and have sound of bursting string when shoot
2. ProtivoTankovoye Ruzhyo Degtyaryova with soviet bullet, sample of 1939 years, exhausted stock of high-explosive incendiary bullet of instant action, and its reloading sound slightli changed
3. Plasma fatso can not attack, but still spawning
4. Boomstick at key 6 now can shoot exploding bomb, but vector directed gradient gravity force field attract it сloser to the ground, to the ancestors, so complete last level of alien vendetta/etc without cheats imposible. Again.
5. Lost abyility to move feet quickly
6. No enemy health readout
7. New ingame help screen
8. Flack canon now freeze gzdoom even more than before when shooting
9. Cyberdemon is a gay, in a bad way
SeriousWeasle
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by SeriousWeasle »

Apeirogon wrote:What did say you gzdoom on crash?
It didn't crash, I just wasn't able to sprint.
TiberiumSoul

Post by TiberiumSoul »

Sprinting has been removed as it doesnt work in multiplayer, as for the stuff Apeirogon mentioned I'll get on that when I get back from my break, yes im taking a break from this to do other things so for now please try to enjoy 1.6c as is until i can get 1.6d out
Apeirogon

Post by Apeirogon »

Temporali crutch for plasmafatso and running script, while tiberium resting at maldive.
ACHTUNG!!!! Do not solve problem of running in coop!
It just a crutch for single, since some map pack can not be beaten with unhurried steps in the rhythm of a waltz.
http://rgho.st/7ScwynblC
Apeirogon

Post by Apeirogon »

Didn't expect? Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!

Since I am now under influence of caffeine (~200mg), one pill of phenotropil and ~60mg of 1,3-dimethylamylamine my speed of thinking so high, that i can solve four millenium problem, about non-trivial zeros Riemann zeta function and their relationship with prime number. But leave this insignificant theme of "nootropic and how to use it" and return to our idtech 1.

So, what with this mod.
Looks like "soul from mesopotamia" try to make two firing mode for sniper rifle, just like for tormentor, but didnt finish his work. I dont finish his work and just return HI-explosive bullets.
Tormentor fire mode now can swap only on full barell.
Flak cannon alt fire now use 1/2 magazine, instead of all.
And some tiny upgrade for ammo spawn (now at rocket box spawn with high chance you can find sniper box, on cell pack spawn typhoon magazine, on rocket ammo spawn single sniper bullet, etc) and typhoon(slightly more accuracy).

Download in ZDL BEFORE weapon mod.

http://rgho.st/7HDrszQv8
NotSoHazy

Post by NotSoHazy »

How do i launch abandoned version? Cant launch it with any gzdoom version.
Apeirogon

Post by Apeirogon »

Maybe this because its for zdoom?!

And by the way, old version works at gzdoom 3.1, but without HUD.
TiberiumSoul

Re: [1.7a] Insanity's Requiem Mk.2 | Put Something Witty Her

Post by TiberiumSoul »

Just dropping this little thing here to show im still working on this.

Introducing THE CHOCOLATE STARFI- No.

Also, Apeirogon, Next time you want to publish little edits like the ones you made... please ask me first

Download : Mk.2 Beta 1.7a Package

Return to “Gameplay Mods”