[1.9a] Insanity's Requiem Mk.2 | Updated Credits.

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Wivicer
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: [1.5c] Insanity's Requiem Mk.2

Post by Wivicer »

Crimsondrgn wrote: Not sure why that kind of thing ever bothers people, personally find the guy from this mod more interesting personality wise than say, Duke Nukem. Always preferred my Heroes on the darker side of things, like the Diablo 2 Necromancer, or The Punisher from Marvel Comics / the Thomas Jane, 2004 movie.

I suppose picking Caleb over Duke would be the best way to get across my preference.
I understand the appeal of the character from this mod, but after a while I got tired of hearing his taunts.

Suggestion for TS: maybe put in a CVAR to turn off taunts?

Also I really like the sounds for the zombies. Where are you sourcing them from?
TiberiumSoul

Post by TiberiumSoul »

Dead Space :P
Carbine Dioxide

Post by Carbine Dioxide »

Really? I never would've known that those sounds came from Dead Space, the most iconic noises from that game that I know of are the Slashers, Kamikazes, and the guys that vomit. :P
NocturneOfSolace

Post by NocturneOfSolace »

Carbine Dioxide wrote:Really? I never would've known that those sounds came from Dead Space, the most iconic noises from that game that I know of are the Slashers, Kamikazes, and the guys that vomit. :P
I'm honestly shocked you didn't recognize it, because a lot of the sounds ARE from the Slashers
Wivicer

Post by Wivicer »

TiberiumSoul wrote:Dead Space :P
Dang. I need to go back and play that game again.
TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

So I was hoping that after all of the nonsense that you had finally learned your lesson and would finally start crediting people.

Oh how mistaken I was. Oh how sorely mistaken.
I decided to take a quick glance at the new .pk3 to see the new stuff.

First things first, I notice some really neat jumping sprites. Hey, those are the jumping sprites I submitted to Jumpmaze! Any credits? Nnnnnope.

Oh hey, that's a really cool font from a really familiar source! Any credits? Nnnnnope.

Oh hey, that's a really cool complete copy of every death map from MetaDoom. Any credits? Nnnnope.

And that's just with a couple minutes of checking out things. I'm sure, if I continued digging into it, that I would find far more.
Why are you still doing this? How many times do you need to be reminded? Credit people. Credit people. Credit people.

Your "oh btw remind me if i missed someone in the credits, thx!" policy does not cut it.
Stop fucking doing this.
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

TerminusEst13 wrote:Oh hey, that's a really cool complete copy of every death map from MetaDoom. Any credits? Nnnnope.
He didn't even change the MAPINFO name!

Or remove the debug code locked behind the "meta_developer" cvar from MetaDoom! Like, Jesus dude, for all the crap you've ripped from other mods without attribution, I'd hope you'd at least be good at plagiarism by now.

EDIT: While I'm poking around, where did the included IRDM_01 map come from?
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Yeah, uh, Tiberium? I feel like we've (and I mean "the entire doom community" at this point, not just me) seen enough stuff used without attribution that I'm prepared to believe you might not have had any intention of crediting anybody until someone noticed. "Maybe they won't know," you probably said to yourself. Well, we know. You've done this so many times that every single part of the mod is now under close scrutiny by several people just to make sure every little bit is accounted for, and a lot of it still isn't. We tell you to remove things that you had no permission to use, and sure, some of it goes away, but you fight tooth and nail, you argue and complain about the stuff that you can't bear to replace or remove, and then more stuff gets added surreptitiously in hopes that we won't notice again. (We do.)

You're either going to have to adopt a better permissions and credits policy or I'm going to have to start taking admin action against you. Because this is already a place where things are available open-source and free of charge, and all anybody ever asked for was a bit of recognition. And they're not getting it. It's dishonest at best, disrespectful at worst.
TiberiumSoul

Post by TiberiumSoul »

Hey, I'm not the only one that's ripped the permadeath thing from metadoom because its in project brutality as well,

albeit now that i think about it he probably asked...

as for the included IRDM_01 map, that's mine probably the only thing in the entire mod that i can say "I made this."

I'll remove the game over maps and fonts out of respect for Kinsie and Jimmy's respective hard work.

Everything else will be credited in the release 1.5d and I mean EVERYTHING if I miss even one thing I'll submit to whatever punishment you feel I deserve and take my mod elsewhere if that's what it takes...
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

TiberiumSoul wrote:Hey, I'm not the only one that's ripped the permadeath thing from metadoom because its in project brutality as well,

albeit now that i think about it he probably asked...
A quick glance at the Project Brutality 2.03a PK3 does not show any of my stuff in it. Maybe it's in some mysterious beta build that Google doesn't bring up? Maybe you're bullshitting to deflect blame? I dunno! Regardless of the truth behind your claim, whether or not somebody did it before you doesn't suddenly make it fine.

(It's also pretty funny that you're specifically addressing only this while ignoring the jumpmaze sprites and only paying lip-service to the fonts...)
TiberiumSoul wrote:I'll remove the game over maps and fonts out of respect for Kinsie and Jimmy's respective hard work.
How is it easier for you to rip stuff out of your mod than it is to just... add a line to credits.txt? I mean, it's even in your PK3, so you can update it right there in SLADE straight after importing the files. At that point, it's harder to NOT update it.

At this point, with your consistency at this, it seems like you actually have a weird complex about citing your sources, a belief that people will think your mod is "lesser" if people find out that you borrowed from publicly usable sources for it like everybody else does. Which is pretty weird, considering people don't really mind as long as you CITE YOUR SOURCES.
Mánibranðr System
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Post by Mánibranðr System »

You're missing the point, TiberiumSoul. This isn't a one-off incident where you've messed up, this is a culmination of a lot of bad habits you've picked up that spit in the face of the very community that spend their free time developing assets for you to use. You keep using other people's work that was clearly not meant to be remixed, or edited, and not only have you consistently failed to ask for permission, you have consistently dropped the ball on giving credit.

If you really want to fix things, start over from scratch, start making your own assets and only use assets that are meant to be used and remixed, and assets that you have permission to use/remix.
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

TiberiumSoul wrote:as for the included IRDM_01 map, that's mine probably the only thing in the entire mod that i can say "I made this."
...except for the textures of the centrepiece, which are taken - without citation AGAIN - from Valiant MAP24 (thanks Jimmy!)

For fuck's sake, stop doing this!
Last edited by Kinsie on Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

A warning has now been issued for these repeated breaches of common courtesy. Credit and attribution are important. Plagiarism is bad.
Zenon

Post by Zenon »

Y'know, in the OP he says he doesn't quite remember where most of this came from, nor whom to credit. Why don't you just kindly notify him of what he's missed and be done with it?
I see no need for an angry, pitchfork wielding mob, nor any reason for admin action.

Am I the only one who thinks this is petty?
Last edited by Zenon on Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Cyberdemon2006 wrote:Y'know, in the OP he says he doesn't quite remember where most of this came from, nor whom to credit. Why don't you just kindly notify him of what he's missed and be done with it?
I see no need for an angry, pitchfork wielding mob, nor any reason for admin action.

Am I the only one who thinks this petty?
Because he's done this a lot of times in the past, and even outright told an author that he didn't ask permission because he figured he'd be told "no": viewtopic.php?p=992463#p992463

Return to “Gameplay Mods”