[1.9a] Insanity's Requiem Mk.2 | Updated Credits.

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
DoomKrakken

Re: [1.5d] Insanity's Requiem Mk.2

Post by DoomKrakken »

Kinsie wrote:
DoomKrakken wrote:Of course. There are many sites that look down upon such projects with grave disdain.
So why are you even bringing it up as even a semi-valid option on one of those aforementioned sites?
I brought it up, but not as an option.

I suppose nobody got my sarcasm. Forgot to emote that.
Crimsondrgn

Post by Crimsondrgn »

ArcheKruz wrote:How about removing all the assets you don't have a permission for and making new ones from scratch?
Sounds like taking a nuke to a problem not deserving of it. A bit late to do much but seek for permissions anyway since I imagine the mod now has a ton of downloads due to the Icarusliv3s video on it, so doing such a thing would be like acting as if the spilled milk never existed instead of trying to clean it up.

I am curious to see how much of his own stuff Tiberium could make for the mod though, maybe gradually rebuild it, swapping other people's stuff for his? But the current version as of typing this will always be floating around somewhere.

As for where it would go if it wasn't allowed here or other main Doom places, fans of it would probably keep it living through Dropbox or something similar, It's very hard to kill off things people like on the internet, see AM2R as an example.

To me the best way to handle this is to halt development of the mod until everyone's stuff is properly labeled and given permission for, and then make sure everything added or changed afterward gets the same treatment.
NocturneOfSolace

Post by NocturneOfSolace »

Crimsondrgn wrote:
ArcheKruz wrote:How about removing all the assets you don't have a permission for and making new ones from scratch?
Sounds like taking a nuke to a problem not deserving of it. A bit late to do much but seek for permissions anyway since I imagine the mod now has a ton of downloads due to the Icarusliv3s video on it, so doing such a thing would be like acting as if the spilled milk never existed instead of trying to clean it up.

I am curious to see how much of his own stuff Tiberium could make for the mod though, maybe gradually rebuild it, swapping other people's stuff for his? But the current version as of typing this will always be floating around somewhere.

As for where it would go if it wasn't allowed here or other main Doom places, fans of it would probably keep it living through Dropbox or something similar, It's very hard to kill off things people like on the internet, see AM2R as an example.

To me the best way to handle this is to halt development of the mod until everyone's stuff is properly labeled and given permission for, and then make sure everything added or changed afterward gets the same treatment.
That logic is insane and I don't even know where to begin with it, can you hear yourself? "TONS OF PEOPLE ALREADY DOWNLOADED VERSIONS OF THE MOD THAT HAS ASSETS WITH NO PERMISSION, SO DAMAGE IS DONE MIGHT AS WELL LET HIM CONTINUE TO PLAGERIZE!"

That's basically what you're saying
Crimsondrgn

Post by Crimsondrgn »

NocturneOfSolace wrote:
Crimsondrgn wrote:

That logic is insane and I don't even know where to begin with it, can you hear yourself? "TONS OF PEOPLE ALREADY DOWNLOADED VERSIONS OF THE MOD THAT HAS ASSETS WITH NO PERMISSION, SO DAMAGE IS DONE MIGHT AS WELL LET HIM CONTINUE TO PLAGERIZE!"

That's basically what you're saying
No, I'm saying that he should stop working on the mod until he gets everything sorted out, and then make damn sure he gets permission from now on, also sounds like he's done this more than once before.
TiberiumSoul
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by TiberiumSoul »

that was actually my plan crimson, hence why I said 1.5d will be the last release for a good while.
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

My only complaint so far is that the Doom 4 gauss cannon looks out of place next to the rest of the guns. Too...bright I suppose is the word I would use.
TiberiumSoul

Post by TiberiumSoul »

honestly im thinking about cutting out the gauss cannon as theres no real way for me to make it a true uberweapon.

right now its just a monster drop for people to use when they kill a spider mastermind
Crimsondrgn

Post by Crimsondrgn »

TiberiumSoul wrote:that was actually my plan crimson, hence why I said 1.5d will be the last release for a good while.
Yeah, and I was going to drop out of this conversation before it continued anyway, feels a bit weird to me to talk the way I did about someone's mod in their thread, also not my place at all to do so.

And for what it's worth, I definitely think it's a fun mod, my only real complaint being I can't wrap my head around what the shield/armor system is doing at all and just run with it instead of trying to think about it.

As for a BFG swap, you probably already had it at some point or thought about it, but how about some kind of heavy machine gun that feeds off of the Longinus rifle's ammo, or ammo similar to that? Something that comes off like an autocannon, not very fast firing, but very loud and very powerful. It would make an interesting counterpart to the very spammy Typhoon, and possibly make it piercing?

That makes me wonder, is it possible to code a weapon with piercing that goes through lesser enemies but just explodes or stops on contact with boss type stuff like the cyberdemon and spider mastermind, to simulate their bulkiness and such?
TiberiumSoul

Post by TiberiumSoul »

after a lengthy discussion with TerminusEst13 on Discord here is a complete list of credits ranging from audio to Bestiary, this will also go in my Original Post.
Spoiler: Full Credit Inside
Download : Mk.2 Beta 1.5e Package
twelvenipon

Re: [1.5e] Insanity's Requiem Mk.2 Full Credits on P.32

Post by twelvenipon »

Duplicate in archiv ts_ir_mk.2_b1.5e_zan.pk3---- discord ID APISFIRE.ogg, APISSEMI.ogg, APISSTOP.ogg, M_PAUSE
Duplicate in archiv ts_ir_mk.2_monsters_b1.5e_zan.pk3 ..... sprite PALOA1C.png , TRO3C4.png -- (Darkbeast , wrong sprites ?, check this one)
TiberiumSoul

Post by TiberiumSoul »

will do thank you for your feedback
twelvenipon

Post by twelvenipon »

No problem, if i can suggest, decrease some effects size, like barrel explosion
actor p_arifle_tracer : FastProjectile
{ damage (randompick(24,27,24,27,24,27,24,27,54)) ,< ----- random damage with small chance of critical hit, i try with OMEN and randompick
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Re: [1.5c] Insanity's Requiem Mk.2

Post by chronoteeth »

Crimsondrgn wrote:Was personally hoping the pump action might eventually get swapped for something else anyway, a bit odd to have something with a left handed ejection port when as far as I remember everything else is proper right handed.

Edit: Actually the 4th handgun is left handed too.
hi so yea i wasnt feeling my original shotgun edit either, didnt have personality. since tiberium did proper credits finally i updated it and added spice

Credits from Necronnixis
Crimsondrgn

Post by Crimsondrgn »

First thought is that looks like a hybrid Doom 3 / Doom 4 shotgun but with wood, the cable thing on the side is a bit strange, looks nice though.

Makes me wonder if any of the lore covers the UAC making civilian firearms.
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

the cable hooks into the side of the gun which has a lil gas canister to ignite the shells for the alt fire

wood cuz it looks good and too many guns in the mod are just too gunmetal

Return to “Gameplay Mods”