The Guncaster - 3.888b

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: The Guncaster - 3.888a

Postby PillowBlaster » Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:52 pm

Tesculpture wrote:Have some bugs to report:

-Grabbing the Powersuit or the Deadmaker Mask for the first time always puts it on, even if "Auto-activate Artifacts" is set to No. Also, the Powersuit doesn't seem to display its item tips on first use, even when "Special item tips" is set to On.

-When wearing the Powersuit, if you start a new game or load a game where you aren't wearing the Powersuit, the HUD icon for the Fire Breath spell remains the green "Tiberium Breath" version instead of changing to the regular orange one. This persists no matter how many times you start new games/load games; the only way to change the icon back is to have the Powersuit on and "take it off".

-The "Button-Based" Armor Restriction applies to Armor bought from the shop as well - if you don't hold down the "use" key as you click the button to complete the purchase, you still expend the money but don't receive the armor.

-The "Shop Ring opacity %" Option does not actually adjust the opacity - it also changes the Shop Sprite scale instead.

-The projectiles of the Flamewave spell use sprites from the Guncaster Addon - if you load Guncaster without the Addon, Flamewave has no sprites save the embers/explosions.

-First part is intentional, given they are a special case, while the latter is not. Dunno what's going on there, so I'll have to relay it to Zhs2.
-Whoops, that'll require administering a fix by KeksDose.
-Administered a fix for that myself.
-Sounds like it could be reading wrong cvar, or its attached under wrong name, but I'll leave it to KeksDose.
-Whoops, that's on me, fixed on my side.
PillowBlaster

Postby fakemai » Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:42 am

I might take a look at the auto-activation things in Strife later since that presently only applies to health items, and not things like Quad Damage. Also auto-activation for Deadmaker is hilarious since there's an NPC that sells it in that game, and you proceed to alert everyone when doing that, as well as likely gutting the seller.
fakemai

Postby PillowBlaster » Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:47 am

Oh.... That's bad. I should probably put just the item, not the bringer there (technical jargon, do not worry about that). In fact, that's what is used for Powersuit, so I should definitely do that, thanks for heads up.
PillowBlaster

Re: The Guncaster - 3.888b

Postby PillowBlaster » Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:33 am

It's been a while, so lemme do the thing. Update time, give thanks to KeksDose for fixing things too! (And of course, praise Mima and the Moon)

Core + Addon.

Spoiler: changelog
PillowBlaster

Postby Rowsol » Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:34 am

PillowBlaster wrote:-Made dropped Pulverizers also drop you Longhorn ammo, even if it doesn't make sense, I think it makes using revolver slightly more viable. (Pillow)

Making zombiemen always drop it works for me. Was that a thought or is it not doable in the other games as well?
Rowsol

Postby fakemai » Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:24 am

Speaking of Pulverizer, if you enable that option for Acolytes to spawn with them, and kill them with fire while they're shooting, the shooting never stops, at least the sound. It's funny. That aside nothing else noticed and those other things were fixed, thank you. I just need to actually play vanilla Strife again and confirm how certain things are meant to be played. Probably Heretic next though. Also Masters of Pain? That left me confused for a while but I get it now, and it'll be a lot of fun to exploit the hell out of.
fakemai

Postby Rexen » Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:07 pm

Okay so recently I had this dumb idea but a silly one. I was thinking that when the player opens the shop there's a very small chance the shopkeeper is sleeping on the job in some way, like snoring or something like that. Also I been wondering, is it possible for subtitles to be added for the other non-shop voice lines since gzdoom has a feature for that?
Rexen
Has anyone seen my blue card key?

Github ID: RealRexen
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: Yes (Using Development/Testing Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby ClessxAlghazanth » Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:00 am

Hi

Does anyone know if it's possible to run the latest Guncaster version with monster packs such as Colorful Hell ? The universal adapter mod doesn't seem to be updated for a while

best regards and thanks
ClessxAlghazanth

Postby Fureyon » Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:32 am

I haven't played a lot yet, but here's some feedback:

That little buff to the Matriarch gave it the punch it needed to compete with other guns as far as time to kill is concerned. On the previous patch you could easily overtake Matriarch damage with other guns on sustained fire (base guns only, no Stratos), now its damage overall is pretty similar with the added benefit of also having some AoE, so it's worth using on the big guys, such as the Cyberdemon.

I can't say I've noticed much difference in the buffed spells. Mind you, I don't doubt they're better, but I haven't felt like it was worth modifying how I use them. That is to say: despite the buff, the status quo is unaltered, which is good!

The Ironblast Strat summon/unsummon is indeed more intuitive now, although I've always used the quick summon/unsummon myself. I also think the sprites look pretty cool, I've always been curious about what Bishop's palm structure looked like.

Masters of Pain upgrade is hella good! Now I consider this artifact a must-have, especially because it fits my playstyle like a glove!
Fureyon

Postby UTNerd24 » Sat Aug 07, 2021 5:47 am

There's a weird bug with the propane tanks. If picked up, selected, then used, the tank is thrown, but its still in the player's inventory, however it can't be selected. Like, it skips to your next item, but reads "Propane"
I know I should be using binds, but still, It's kinda weird.
UTNerd24

Postby Fureyon » Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:59 am

The key noises help a lot, I dunno why I can't see the keys on the map anymore even with the setting to do so on GZDoom. I only have this problem with GC for whatever reason, with other mods it works fine.
Also I'd like to ask you to boost the key noises in Heretic. In Doom(2) it's fine, nice and audible, on Heretic its so low you can barely hear it even without music.

I don't think Hexen or Strife have key noises, considering you have at least a dozen different ones.

EDIT: Skull Keys in Doom seem to use the same sound bits as Heretic, and could use a boost in volume too.
Last edited by Fureyon on Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fureyon

Postby Rexen » Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:26 pm

I seen the Key issue happen with Project Brutality 3.0 as well, so I don't think its just a GC case
Rexen
Has anyone seen my blue card key?

Github ID: RealRexen
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: Yes (Using Development/Testing Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby Fureyon » Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:22 pm

I noticed another bug, when gunzerking with the Sandman, shell casings coming off the Left Gun are tiny (aka: normal sized) compared to the bigger casings the gun normally spews.
Fureyon

Postby Gourry » Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:50 am

Not sure if this has been mentioned: when I get the reaversphere, the game goes to vm abort mode.
Gourry

Postby Chaosvolt » Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:03 pm

Rexen wrote:I seen the Key issue happen with Project Brutality 3.0 as well, so I don't think its just a GC case

I almost misread that as implying you'd tried to play with both mods enabled and started getting 'nam flashbacks.
Chaosvolt

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods