The Guncaster - 3.888a

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: The Guncaster - 3.888a

Postby Chaosvolt » Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:26 pm

True. The self-buff effect is pretty handy though, and pairs really well with the mechsuit if I recall.
Chaosvolt

Postby cubebert » Mon May 03, 2021 6:09 am

A quick bug to report: the key configuration for Guncaster keeps getting removed everytime I start up GZDoom.
cubebert

Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Postby Chaosvolt » Mon May 03, 2021 7:03 am

An amusing character-related mental exercise came to mind while poking through the end-of-episode texts to see how overriding those works, I'm left with the amusing thought of how well Cygnis would get along with the vanilla protagonists.

Some mental images for your amusement:
1. Any interaction between Doomguy and Cygnis inevitably devolves into a "who can kill more hellspawn" contest.
2. Cygnis and Corvus mostly getting along due to both being members of the "homeworld got fucked over by D'sparil" club.
3. Baratus and Parias trying to explain the difference between mages and "wazards" so Cygnis will stop trying to punch/shoot/eat Daedolon.

As for Strifeguy, uh...I got nothing, sorry. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That reminds me, where'd the idea of referring to wizards as wazards come from anyway? Did it start as a one-off typo that became an official malapropism after it got pointed out, or...?
Chaosvolt

Postby Gourry » Fri May 07, 2021 5:36 pm

Is there a subtitle option for Cygnis dialog in Heretic and Hexen? For certain level retorting the boss is still hard for me to hear even at nearly max volume.
edit: also a bug: The mod crashes when being invisible attack a crusader in strife veteran edition.
Gourry

Postby Fureyon » Thu May 13, 2021 12:28 pm

Small Bug report:
Uppercut kills with Midas Tome active isn't turning enemies into golden statues, tested on Heretic, Hexen, Doom2 and Strife. Kinda sucks because Uppercuts are so great at killing the enemies with less health and sometimes Cygnis auto-uppercuts. Power Armor, Deadmaker and Armored Deadmaker work fine with goldifying enemies (and destroying then in the same punch) so this just applies to normal/draughsuit Cygnis. Might have something to do with that balancing on uppercut.
Fureyon

Postby DemonbaneSol » Fri May 14, 2021 1:04 pm

Something I've been wondering about the weapon wheel...

Would it be possible to make an alternate version that you could switch to in the mod's menu, with said alternate version having "static" icons for the weapons, in that they don't move around the wheel as you get new ones? Or, depending on how the weapon wheel works, just a toggle for that? I'm wanting to try and use the weapon wheel more often, as double- or triple-tapping a number key doesn't always get me the weapon I want (like when I have the Strucker and Ironblast and want to switch to the former, but I double-tap 3 too fast and end up with the Ironblast out, or when I want to switch to the TNT, and am using the add-on, so I triple-tap 5 to try and switch past the Mourning Glory and Matriarch to get to it, but inputting it too fast makes me land on the Matriarch).

By extension, same question regarding the item and spell wheels.
DemonbaneSol

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods