The Guncaster - 3.888b

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
NTSM
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: The Guncaster - 3.888

Post by NTSM »

PillowBlaster wrote:I ain't spoiling anything, h'lol~
That is clear! ^^ That was just a question to myself. :D
chaosweaver13

Post by chaosweaver13 »

Someone please help. I keep trying to get this mod to work, but no matter what I do i get the same error

Script error, "Guncaster.pk3:menudef.txt" line 27:
Unknown keyword 'Size'

Can anyone tell me what this means and or how to fix this please?
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

Looks like a case of "update your gzdoom", that oughta do it.
mpcomp
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by mpcomp »

Greetings

Have played & replayed the mod several times now..... its almost therapeutic along side trailblazer and russian overkill....

Anyways just noticed this in the latest instalment of Guncaster v3888 so i am writing/ reporting it

BUG: the meteor fist is not prresent in the shop wheel... period (tested with and without unlock all shop items)

it is accessible and usable in game after spell book pickup using next and previous spell keybind and also spell hotkey .

PS a tiny request

Request: please add a toggle key bind option for KekDose golden emperor remote missile drone cam aka gc_guidedmissile view in mod controls section.

That is all I have discovered . Quality Work as always for a true power fantasy experience. Thank you Pillowblaster and Rest of Team(yes all of you mentioned in credits page) .

regards

mpcomp
PillowBlaster

Post by PillowBlaster »

Our pleasure mate, and remember to praise Mima. I dunno about doing a bind toggle (given that switching it mid-fire might make for weird occurances; I'd leave it to KeksDose whether he wants to implement it or not), but I did fix the Meteorfist unlocking problem (which my own dum-ass caused), thanks!
Dalse

Post by Dalse »

I have a small idea for a spell or gun strat: What if there is a way that you can actively spend gold that is not a shop? Could be a "midas shot/cast" or something similar that uses gold as resource. It could be useful when you dont have anything else in the shop to spend gold on besides more extremespheres.
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

That reminds me of coin toss from FF6. I wouldn't mind seeing the pulverizer strat changed to a coin tossing mode. Even after the buffs to the bullet ball I'm still not keen on it.
nakedraptor

Post by nakedraptor »

This mod is amazing - I love the spells and the weapons and alt modes. Runs great with colorful hell / mkchampions. Would it be possible to add an option to remove the enemy health indicator? If it's already in the mod, sorry, I can't find it.

edit: Aha, right after I write this out I find the HP viewer option in the Here Be Dragons menu. Literally blind.
Dalse

Post by Dalse »

I have another suggestion that could be put in the gameplay options: What about a longhorn start mode? Every time you pass a level , you lose everything but your starting stuff. I think it would be interesting for slaughtermaps if you wish to keep it challenging instead of doing "changemap" every time to force a start. Perhaps you also have a option to get a gold multipliyer to apply it to usual non-slaughter maps?
Pineapple Wizard
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Pineapple Wizard »

I have a bug to report, every time I try to open the shop it crashes my game. I have all of the addons loaded, I'm using the current build of gzdoom, I'm using the regular doom 2 maps and my setting are default. I've tried just using the core file itself but I still get the same issue. I don't get a crash report or anything of the sort when the shop crashes my game. Any help or suggestions?
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

Try removing your gzdoom.ini and trying again.
SaveTheDoomer
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by SaveTheDoomer »

I've played this mod for months now, and surely is a reason to get gzdoom by itself. Just one thing that i really miss : a plasma gun-like weapon. Miniguns are fun, but aren't the same thing.
SaveTheDoomer
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by SaveTheDoomer »

Oh i just forgot to mention a little bug : augur ignores infiniteammo :geek:
Pineapple Wizard
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Pineapple Wizard »

Rowsol wrote:Try removing your gzdoom.ini and trying again.
That worked. Apparently I had it set to render graphics with Softpoly and doom renderer software. Seems like Guncaster doesn't like doom software renderer on softpoly.
Chaosvolt

Post by Chaosvolt »

Getting an access violation error on trying to load this mod up with Strife. Version of GZDoom is 4.5.0 (currently latest stable release), used with ZDL 3-1.1 (using ye olde drag and drop instead of having ZDL around as a mod loader had no effect on results), no other PWADs added. Guncaster version is latest linked on the OP, 3.888

Given this is with the new PC I'm not sure if it's an "I'm missing something that my old PC had that's missing in the new one for some insane reason" issue or a recent issue. I'd need to hook up the old PC again to check whether the version of Guncaster I have on there is an older one.

Unrelated, this error screen now makes me tempted to see what happens if you load Guncaster up with that Touhou Doom mod, to see if there's any funny tweaks to the dialogue like there is when it's loaded with Strife.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”