The Guncaster - 3.888b

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: The Guncaster - 3.888

Postby PillowBlaster » Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:16 am

[v_nash] Chillrend wrote:Hmm, okay, I get it. Anyway, thanks for the answers, and thanks for this mod! Whoever the main character is, this mod is in any case made with high quality, and it is quite fun to play :D

No worries, glad you like it~

Captain J wrote:Speaking of the dragon daddy of a protagonist, Cygnis, i always wondered how come you design the human arm-esq wings for him and the shopkeep? I usually saw some generic dragon or demon designs with plain ol' bat wings. I found it very clever and original.

It just came outta nowhere in a more literal sense. They are just hands with membranes turned large, as far as I am concerned with biology.

DiodeDrake wrote:A certain dead bush texture seems to be getting replaced with a green explosion texture. So far I've only seen it do it on the Hell on Earth starter pack so it may just be a conflict with that, but I'm still checking out other mods I think I've seen that same texture to be sure. It only does this with Guncaster loaded, otherwise it's a dead bush.

I rarely address those cause it's a never ending battle, something will always have a name conflict with another sprite elsewhere, the nature of having four letters for each frame to work with.

Nomakh wrote:At first I would like to thank PillowBlaster for this unusual and full of fun mod, there are not so much good games or even mods with dragons, especially in protagonist's role. I played GC, RO and TB a lot of times and suddenly found out that GC is most balanced mod (yeah, I know, all of these are about fun, not balance), but anyway. Thanks to difficulty settings, you can set up incoming and outcoming damage and GC can still be a challenge to beat some map packs if you want to try it hard. GC+Dark Tartarus equals unforgettable experience...

I wouldn't say most balanced, but I guess after recent nerfs, it could be more on par with TB now.

m_falcone wrote:Is it possible to make the new version of guncaster compatible with lzdoom. It lags terribly on gzdoom even at the lowest settings. I cannot play it on gzdoom because of the lag and I really want to try out the prophet suit and the other new stuffs.

Eeeehh, I'm afraid not. Truecolor, complex transparency graphics don't render too well there, which might contribute to the problem too, I'd need to work around that.

Fureyon wrote:Another cool option might be if you turned the current Stratocaster Active firing mode into the regular function of the weapon, and the Stratocaster can become a sort of grenade launcher to pepper an area with explosions. This would play really well since this gun is supposed to be a meeting point between a rocket launcher and dynamite. While there's no doubt Dynamite would remain more powerful, it wouldn't be able to match the sheer firing speed of a Mourning Glory Grenade Launcher, which might be better suited for sheer DPS scenarios, especially when shooting around corners.

Hmm. You know what? It's not hard to do at all. I feel it would be a tad hard to control, but could just control the firing yourself... I'll think about it.
PillowBlaster

Postby NTSM » Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:41 pm

No furries under the roof of my sacred shop!!! -KeksDose ...

Serious? :shock:
It was pure coincidence that I accidentally clicked Sabbatha instead of an item. The shock was fast n big. xD

What secrets may still be in it?
NTSM

Discord: NoBi-ThE-SoLo-MaStEr#2259
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Postby PillowBlaster » Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:16 am

I ain't spoiling anything, h'lol~
PillowBlaster

Postby NTSM » Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:56 am

PillowBlaster wrote:I ain't spoiling anything, h'lol~

That is clear! ^^ That was just a question to myself. :D
NTSM

Discord: NoBi-ThE-SoLo-MaStEr#2259

Postby chaosweaver13 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:10 pm

Someone please help. I keep trying to get this mod to work, but no matter what I do i get the same error

Script error, "Guncaster.pk3:menudef.txt" line 27:
Unknown keyword 'Size'

Can anyone tell me what this means and or how to fix this please?
chaosweaver13

Postby PillowBlaster » Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:33 am

Looks like a case of "update your gzdoom", that oughta do it.
PillowBlaster

Postby mpcomp » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:50 pm

Greetings

Have played & replayed the mod several times now..... its almost therapeutic along side trailblazer and russian overkill....

Anyways just noticed this in the latest instalment of Guncaster v3888 so i am writing/ reporting it

BUG: the meteor fist is not prresent in the shop wheel... period (tested with and without unlock all shop items)

it is accessible and usable in game after spell book pickup using next and previous spell keybind and also spell hotkey .

PS a tiny request

Request: please add a toggle key bind option for KekDose golden emperor remote missile drone cam aka gc_guidedmissile view in mod controls section.

That is all I have discovered . Quality Work as always for a true power fantasy experience. Thank you Pillowblaster and Rest of Team(yes all of you mentioned in credits page) .

regards

mpcomp
mpcomp

Postby PillowBlaster » Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:44 am

Our pleasure mate, and remember to praise Mima. I dunno about doing a bind toggle (given that switching it mid-fire might make for weird occurances; I'd leave it to KeksDose whether he wants to implement it or not), but I did fix the Meteorfist unlocking problem (which my own dum-ass caused), thanks!
PillowBlaster

Postby Dalse » Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:53 pm

I have a small idea for a spell or gun strat: What if there is a way that you can actively spend gold that is not a shop? Could be a "midas shot/cast" or something similar that uses gold as resource. It could be useful when you dont have anything else in the shop to spend gold on besides more extremespheres.
Dalse

Postby Rowsol » Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:32 pm

That reminds me of coin toss from FF6. I wouldn't mind seeing the pulverizer strat changed to a coin tossing mode. Even after the buffs to the bullet ball I'm still not keen on it.
Rowsol

Postby nakedraptor » Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:57 pm

This mod is amazing - I love the spells and the weapons and alt modes. Runs great with colorful hell / mkchampions. Would it be possible to add an option to remove the enemy health indicator? If it's already in the mod, sorry, I can't find it.

edit: Aha, right after I write this out I find the HP viewer option in the Here Be Dragons menu. Literally blind.
nakedraptor

Postby Dalse » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:30 pm

I have another suggestion that could be put in the gameplay options: What about a longhorn start mode? Every time you pass a level , you lose everything but your starting stuff. I think it would be interesting for slaughtermaps if you wish to keep it challenging instead of doing "changemap" every time to force a start. Perhaps you also have a option to get a gold multipliyer to apply it to usual non-slaughter maps?
Dalse

Postby Pineapple Wizard » Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:19 pm

I have a bug to report, every time I try to open the shop it crashes my game. I have all of the addons loaded, I'm using the current build of gzdoom, I'm using the regular doom 2 maps and my setting are default. I've tried just using the core file itself but I still get the same issue. I don't get a crash report or anything of the sort when the shop crashes my game. Any help or suggestions?
Pineapple Wizard

OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Postby Rowsol » Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:20 am

Try removing your gzdoom.ini and trying again.
Rowsol

Postby SaveTheDoomer » Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:38 am

I've played this mod for months now, and surely is a reason to get gzdoom by itself. Just one thing that i really miss : a plasma gun-like weapon. Miniguns are fun, but aren't the same thing.
SaveTheDoomer

Operating System: Other Linux 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods