The Guncaster - 3.777a

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: The Guncaster - 3.777a

Postby Shzingidongalong » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:45 am

PillowBlaster wrote:
Shzingidongalong wrote:Got a problem when playing this with Eviternity:
snow is instead giant orange Fanta fart clouds that I can't see through. I'm not running GC with anything else than itself, and I tested without GC.

So far I tested it here, seems like snow still appears normally. You sure your load order is okay and you don't have any addons or stuff on autoload that makes a sprite name conflict happen?

From 1st to last; Eviternity, GC, its addon, and weaponshop. Right? Loaded with ZDL, on the latest version of GZDOOM that I just recently updated to. I hadn't messed with anything else, and that's always been my load order--maps first, then the cool mods and its following addons.
Shzingidongalong

Postby PillowBlaster » Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:52 am

Hmm. Might wanna post a screenshot then, maybe seeing what kind of sprite it is might give me a clue. Cause I did launch it like that and snow still looks normal to me? Reference screenshot.
PillowBlaster

Postby Shzingidongalong » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:30 am

This got awkward--I put Ev back in after having finished it, no changes to anything else, and now the snow is normal. Guess the engine wanted to be funny with me.
I could describe it, at least, it looked like it could have been an explosion cloud effect. Fairly bright orange color.
Shzingidongalong

Postby thedeathrunner123 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:16 pm

Kept having a load error in menudef.txt of unknown keyword of "Size" and "Clean". Fixed it by removing that line. Everything still seems to be fine. GZDooM version 4.4.2.
thedeathrunner123
Slowly seeping into the never ending depths of despair and insanity.

Discord: Runner#1366
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan Support

Postby Blue Shadow » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:54 pm

thedeathrunner123 wrote:Kept having a load error in menudef.txt of unknown keyword of "Size" and "Clean". Fixed it by removing that line. Everything still seems to be fine. GZDooM version 4.4.2.

Or you can update GZDoom to 4.5.0, instead.
Blue Shadow

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Re: The Guncaster - 3.777

Postby Magicae.Mundi » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:02 pm

Captain J wrote:What really doesn't seem to work? You mean the collecting of Weapon Fragments?

I was having trouble playing the game itself- it either crashed or went back to the title screen.
Magicae.Mundi

Discord: SapphyWapphy#9818

Postby Solaela » Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:24 pm

Shoot. When did this start working with strife? How far behind am I? Also only thing I noticed off with it is the mission objectives are stuff like 'codex34dc1' (not a actual one just one made off the top of my head) Love the options though which show just how much he's thinking 'I hate you all'
Solaela

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods