The Guncaster - 3.777a

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: The Guncaster - 3.666

Postby Yelso » Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:04 pm

PillowBlaster wrote:
Tetsuryu wrote:What DOES gc_trogdor do anyway?

Try using melee or kicking with it turned on (note that it works properly only with Addon thrown in!).

rautamiekka wrote:That's for the Player to decide by enabling a setting.

Generally speaking, I feel I've added a plenty of options there already. Too much even. I've been dialing things back a little lately, which might end up being a bummer, but it seems it improves the flow quite a bit.

I have found an error when I added the new Gzdoom nightly build.

Script error, "Guncaster.pk3:moonspeak/shop/main/ui_handling.txt" line 342:
Unknown identifier 'm_noprescale'
Script warning, "Guncaster.pk3:zscript/spells/darkpath.txt" line 36:
Accessing deprecated member variable X - deprecated since 2.3.0, Use Pos.X instead
Accessing deprecated member variable Y - deprecated since 2.3.0, Use Pos.Y instead
Accessing deprecated member variable Z - deprecated since 2.3.0, Use Pos.Z instead

Execution could not continue.

1 errors while parsing DECORATE scripts
Yelso

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby Yelso » Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:23 pm

Ive replaced my nightly build of gzdoom for five days straight and its still happening.

@pillowblaster can you help?
Yelso

Postby Rowsol » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:58 pm

I can help.

Download an older version of gzdoom and use that. Really simple when you think about it.
Rowsol

Postby Dinosaur_Nerd » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:56 pm

Yelso wrote:Ive replaced my nightly build of gzdoom for five days straight and its still happening.

m_noprescale is to be changed in the next version of GZD.
This is a GZD variable related to mouse movement and has been in place since the shop was first built by Keks and probably before, but is now being changed.

Keks has fixed it for the update, but this obviously will not be available until that update occurs, for now you will need to use the current working version of GZDoom 4.4.2
Dinosaur_Nerd
RAWR!

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Postby Yelso » Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:08 am

Dinosaur_Nerd wrote:
Yelso wrote:Ive replaced my nightly build of gzdoom for five days straight and its still happening.

m_noprescale is to be changed in the next version of GZD.
This is a GZD variable related to mouse movement and has been in place since the shop was first built by Keks and probably before, but is now being changed.

Keks has fixed it for the update, but this obviously will not be available until that update occurs, for now you will need to use the current working version of GZDoom 4.4.2

I will wait until the update then. Thanks. Probably will be next year when it comes out, but I can wait.
Yelso

Postby PillowBlaster » Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:40 am

Yelso wrote:I will wait until the update then. Thanks. Probably will be next year when it comes out, but I can wait.

I know that the update cycle here is slow as molasses and never anything set in stone, but I'll just say that there are reasons for that. The update will eventually come indeed, but it should be quite good at that!

And yeah, sometimes updating gzdoom is shooting yourself in the foot there. If you really don't need to do that and everything works otherwise, I'd recommend sticking to it until things get weird.
PillowBlaster

Postby rhyrhygogo » Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:51 am

I know this is a dumb question and I'm sorry if you guys get this a lot but is LzDoom supported
Spoiler:

Also I've been having fun with the Mod nontheless! Huge props to you guys for putting this mod together
rhyrhygogo

Postby fakemai » Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:03 am

I'm using the previous LZDoom (3.86a) and just tested those things. Stratocasted Sandman seems to work correctly, you mean the HUD isn't rendering correctly I assume because it has a big aiming reticle in that state (EDIT: Maybe try +/- to see if it's specific to one of the HUDs? Total shot in the dark). The prism laser takes time to converge to a single beam, try using it for a second or so. There are a couple of convenience options for lower-spec systems including a literal "toaster mode" option as well. Finally, use a loader, or launch it from the command line. The ordering as far as I know is the main mod, then the addon.

Apparently the current LZDoom still supports my system so I might try building it later and seeing if it was that.
fakemai

Postby rhyrhygogo » Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:41 am

Ah ok ok I'll try it thank you!
rhyrhygogo

Postby rhyrhygogo » Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:03 pm

I tried what you said it didn't really work but thanks for the tip though! I think we have different outcomes with the sandman strato cause of the LzDoom I'm using which is 3.87x64 but I'll see what happens when I use a loader still don't know if it's the same as a launcher though or what a command line is but I'll check what those are soon enough
rhyrhygogo

Postby PillowBlaster » Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:13 am

rhyrhygogo wrote:I know this is a dumb question and I'm sorry if you guys get this a lot but is LzDoom supported

If lzdoom is like, software mode only, I'm afraid it isn't. I always developed those mods since day one with opengl in mind.
PillowBlaster

Postby fakemai » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:34 am

It does hardware rendering, the only difference is it (presently) supports old OpenGL 2.x systems that mainline GZDoom dropped support for. Only real difference is if run on such a system certain graphical features won't work, notably shaders. I've never found issues playing the mod without that at least. Also just confirmed no issues on 3.87a so maybe it's something related to his system or drivers. I don't know.
fakemai

Postby Thyrork » Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:11 pm

Yo' Pillow, this happened:

https://i.imgur.com/5ivU92E.png?1

Let me know if you need anything or if its incredibly obvious and I should feel bad. I'm going to stop playing in case there's a log you can use. :D

Also, quality error music.
Thyrork
Give eight for the six you take.

Postby PillowBlaster » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:44 am

Thyrork wrote:Yo' Pillow, this happened:

https://i.imgur.com/5ivU92E.png?1

Let me know if you need anything or if its incredibly obvious and I should feel bad. I'm going to stop playing in case there's a log you can use. :D

Also, quality error music.

You can thank the resident Mima-praiser KeksDose for both the wonders of Sandman and the VM abort catcher. I am just a janitor here and you definitely should not feel bad about reporting stuff, haha - if this is the one I just discussed with him, it's gonna be fixed for the update, and it wasn't that obvious.
PillowBlaster

Postby Gourry » Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:00 am

Not sure if this is mentioned but the game gets laggy when usingTome of the Draugh on 4.4.2. That and it crashes when opening the shop in Unloved.
Gourry

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods